The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

John 12:30-34

Go down

John 12:30-34 Empty John 12:30-34

Post by clark thompson Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:35 pm

John 12:30-34 King James Version (KJV)
    30 Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes.
    31 Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
    32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
    33 This he said, signifying what death he should die.
    34 The people answered him, We have heard out of the law that Christ abideth for ever: and how sayest thou, The Son of man must be lifted up? who is this Son of man?

John 12:30-34
    NSB 30 Jesus said: »This voice came for your sake and not for mine. 31 »Now judgment is on this world. Now the ruler of this world will be cast out. 32 »When I am lifted up from the earth I will draw all men to myself.« 33 He said this indicating the type of death he would experience. 34 The crowd answered him: »We have heard from the law that the Christ lives forever. Why do you say the Son of man must be lifted up? Who is this Son of man?«

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

30 God’s voice is always for our benefit, His word was not for Christ but for us, Jesus is the Word and God He knew the will but we are the ones who need God.

31 The world would be different after Christ died the church age would start the age of grace would begin. The devil truly has no power of us as Christians, the only power Satan has is the power that the Lord gives him.

32 He is referring to His dying on the cross here, it was not common to die on a cross unless you broken Roman law which Jesus had not done and would not do so to die in this manner shows He knew what was going to happen. It also refers to Him raising for the dead, which gives us a hope to live eternal by Him. It is by His death we can live and by Him defeating death that we can live forever by Him.

33 Jesus’ death would not be easy. Crucifixion was the most brutal punishment of that time they did their best to make it as painful as possible.

34 These people were right, Jesus did die but no grave could hold Him down, His reign started after His death not before. Jesus Kingship is a spiritually one and without Him dying no one could have been apart of His kingdom.

clark thompson
    Members

Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2014-07-10

Back to top Go down