The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

John 11:43-44

Go down

John 11:43-44 Empty John 11:43-44

Post by clark thompson Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:04 pm

John 11:43-44
    KJV 43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth. 44 And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.
    Rotherham 43 And, these things, having said, with a loud voice, he cried out—Lazarus! Come forth! 44 He that was dead came forth, bound feet and hands with bandages, and, his face, with a napkin, was bound about. Jesus saith unto them—Loose him, and let him go.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

43 Many have said that if did not call him by name that all those in graves would have come forth, I do not know if this is true but the power is in His Word. He just spoke, just as He spoke the world into existence. His words hold the power of Him. One day He will call us forward as we go home.

44 This was common to wrap them up, it was not the same a what the Egyptians, he was not a mummy, no body parts would have been taken out, the face may have been wrapped to avoid them seeing the expression on his face, the expression must likely would have not been a good due to death not often being easy.

clark thompson
    Members

Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2014-07-10

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum