The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Entering in to a 40 day prayer

3 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Entering in to a 40 day prayer Empty Entering in to a 40 day prayer

Post by Susan Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:32 am

Folks, I am entering in to a 40 day prayer. I receive a wonderful devotional each and every day, from a Pastor Frank, and I wanted to share with you what he said in today's devotional:

Psa 100:4 Enter His gates with thanksgiving, And His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him; bless His name.

No matter what!

No matter what you see in the natural!

No matter what you feel in your emotions!

No matter what a Christian did or did not do correctly!

WOW! Did I need to hear this.

I also received this daily devotional in my email, from Dr. Charles Stanley:

The Nature of Discouragement

Psalm 16:7-11

Discouragement is a powerful, destructive force. Before we can understand how to rid our lives of this deadly landmine, we must recognize its harmful nature.

Understand that discouragement...

1. Is something we choose. Nobody else can make us discouraged; it is a choice that we alone make when facing disappointments.

2. Is universal. Everybody will face periods of disappointment and discouragement from time to time. This simply cannot be avoided, because we live in a seriously flawed world that is filled with equally flawed people.

3. Can recur. Sometimes we think we've settled an issue, which later resurfaces when we least expect it. Or, we may have old emotional wounds that are torn open by something a person says or does.

4. Can be temporary--or it can destroy our life. The choice is ours. If we refuse to deal with discouragement head-on, we are opening the door for it to completely dominate our life.

5. Is conquerable. With the Lord's help, we can choose not to be discouraged. If we don't believe discouragement can be conquered, then we're actually saying that God doesn't want His children to have a rich and fulfilled life.

Are you stuck in the throes of discouragement? If so, it will simply be impossible to experience the peace and inner joy that God wants for His children. Let Him help you out of that lowly state: start by believing that the Father wants to lift you up and get your life back on track with Him.

For more biblical teaching and resources from Dr. Charles Stanley, please visit www.intouch.org

We need to be Christians, that LIFT one another up, to the FATHER. There are way too many Christians, that waste precious time and effort trying to tear someone down. If you are one that does this, you need to STOP IT! Time as we know it, is growing short, and there are plenty of people who are lost and dying, watching you. Ask yourself: What is my TESTIMONY and WITNESS, to them? If it is negative, then there is some heart changing that needs to take place. It is time to purge yourself, and get a clean heart, prepared to SERVE the LORD.

It isn't about us. It is about serving the ONE, who can and does SAVE us, from all unrighteousness. We all fall short of the GLORY of GOD. There is not a single Christian, that has been made equal to GOD, nor will we ever be completed, in this lifetime. We need so desperately, to get down on our faces, and really seek the LORD, to make necessary changes, from within.

What we show the world, is who we really are. You can't hide behind a mask, and pretend to be something your not. What we show them, comes from our hearts. The words we speak, often give our hearts away. The BIBLE tells us, that the tongue, a little member, can destroy all that is good. Is your tongue in check?

Righteousness, comes by following GOD'S WORD. Can you honestly say, that you follow the TEACHINGS of CHRIST? You know, the words that are written in RED, in most BIBLES? If you are missing one point, the WORD says, that one sin, is breaking all sins. WHOA? That means, that you are the same as a murderer, or something just as vile! It is time, for Christians, to really seek the LORD, while HE is yet to be found.

I'm doing this 40 days of prayer, to ask the LORD to pull on our heart strings, and to motivate Christians, everywhere, to put on the FULL ARMOUR of GOD. Let's stop play acting, and get down to the FATHER'S BUSINESS.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Entering in to a 40 day prayer Empty Re: Entering in to a 40 day prayer

Post by Susan Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:57 am

DEAR FATHER, we are a needy people. We believe the TRUTH of your WORD, and yet, we miss the mark, of living the WORD. Forgive us, FATHER, when we fail to see others, as YOU see them. FATHER, I ask you to draw all YOUR Children, into UNITY through the HOLY SPIRIT. Remove all unrighteousness from our hearts. Forgive us our shortcomings, and help us, to also be forgiving to others, that come against us. Clean us from the inward parts, outward. Let our WITNESS and TESTIMONY, be for YOUR GLORY. Let others see, CHRIST in us, and not just what we do or say. Let CHRIST be our MANTLE. Teach us, to see others as YOU see them. Oh LORD, there are so many people who are lost and dying, even among YOUR Children, and we often don't open our mouth's and speak YOUR TRUTH to them. Give us BOLDNESS, to be a WITNESS to them, and to watch over, as YOU would have us be. Renew YOUR Church, YOUR People, and put YOUR WORDS within our hearts and mouths, so that when we speak, it is YOU who is SPEAKING. Release afresh, the HOLY SPIRIT ANOINTING in each of YOUR Children. We give you PRAISE, HONOR and GLORY! Thank you FATHER, for sending JESUS, to die in our place, and by HIS BLOOD, we are SET FREE, from all sin. Teach us, to take the WORD, and make it apart of us. LIFT us up, from the miry clay, O' LORD. Stand us UPRIGHT, before you. PROVIDE a VISION, for us, and make our PATHWAY CLEAR, before us. Don't allow any one of us, to stumble, or falter. Thank you FATHER, for all YOU HAVE DONE, ARE DOING and WILL DO, for YOUR CHILDREN. In JESUS Name, AMEN.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lifeinhim61 Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:48 pm

Susan, I am joining with you in prayer for the next 40 days as you go through a period of healing and allowing the Lord to guide you and lead you. I am on your side. Amen and Amen! xoxox Rose
    lifeinhim61
    lifeinhim61
    Members

Number of posts : 36
    Registration date : 2008-11-07

http://www.aceosbyrose.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:02 am

Thank you Rose.

A dear friend of mine, Brother Waqar Daniel, quoted this SCRIPTURE to me, when he heard that I was entering into this 40 day prayer.

Joshua 3:5 And Joshua said unto the people, Sanctify yourselves: for to morrow the LORD will do wonders among you.

I believe this to be TRUTH. Even today, the LORD wants HIS Children, to be SANCTIFIED, and HE wants to DO WONDERS among us.

I agreed to read through the Book of Joshua, with him, while doing this 40 days of prayer.

Here are some outline notes, from my BIBLE, regarding the BOOK of Joshua:

GOD expects faithfulness to HIS BOOK
    He uses an unlikely example of FAITH to prepare HIS People to take the land.
    HE PROVIDES VICTORY, when HIS People repent and obey.
    HE divides the land, before rest is done.
    HE REWARDS a FAITHFUL leader.
    HE provides JUSTICE for the accused, in refuge cities.
    HE provides for the Priests.
    HE FULFILLS ALL HIS PROMISES.
    HE calls HIS People to choose the LOVE RELATIONSHIP OF COVENANT.

There are some who are doing a fast, while I pray, there are others that are joining in this 40 days of prayer. It is a HUGE THING, for me, and I can't help but see the LORD'S HAND, in all of this.

Dear FATHER, I thank you for YOUR WORD. For within the PAGES, there is LIFE. The WORD, gives us a LIGHT for our PATHWAY. THANK YOU for giving us, YOUR WORD. LORD, hide this WORD within our hearts and minds. Guide YOUR People, who are called by YOUR NAME, to DRAW CLOSER to the WORD and to YOU, in the coming days, weeks, months and years; that YOU have allotted us. GUIDE every step that we make, as Christians. Help us, to see the PATHWAY CLEARLY, and to have a CLEAR VISION of what you would have us do, for YOUR KINGDOM'S sake. LORD, we need a VISION, that allows us to see the world as YOU do. We need to HUNGER after YOUR RIGHTEOUSNESS, and draw our strength, from YOUR MERCY AND GRACE. Some of us have forgotten, that YOUR MERCY and GRACE, is what has SAVED US. REMIND us O' LORD of the many BLESSINGS that YOU have given us. Don't let our self-righteousness, stand between YOU and what YOU, and YOUR WILL for us. Renew the HOLY SPIRIT ANOINTING, upon us. Set our hearts on FIRE, sent from HEAVEN above. We need to set the COURSE STRAIGHT, get our EYES SET upon the PRIZE, and WORK towards the PROMISES, and GOAL that YOU have given to us. LORD, remove every obstacle from our pathway. LORD, I also know that division has caused YOUR Children, to stray away from YOUR WORD, and from the TRUTH found within ITS PAGES. GUIDE us gently back to the TRUTH and let everything else fade away. Make us into USEFUL VESSELS. LORD, we are so needy, and self serving. REPLACE all that needs to be REPLACED within us. If sin is prevailing, remind us, so that we can ask forgiveness. LORD, I ask, that while this process is taking place, that YOU will give us a STRONG DESIRE, to KNOW YOU and SERVE YOU. Thank you for sending JESUS, to die in my place. Thank you that all my sins are UNDER THE BLOOD. Thank you, that while I was yet in sin, YOU have a PLAN for REDEMPTION. I will GLORY in YOUR PRESENCE, though the world may turn against me. I will STAND ready an prepared, in the FULL ARMOUR of CHRIST. Thank you FATHER, for LOVING me. THANK YOU for loving us all, so very much. Thank you for all YOU HAVE DONE, ARE DOING, and WILL DO. In JESUS NAME, AMEN
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lifeinhim61 Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:21 am

Wow, that is a wonderful prayer, giving God all the glory!!! Brother Waqar is a strong man of God and I know that we are all with you on this, I am printing this prayer out a few times and posting it in my house so that I can read it when I'm cooking, cleaning, and right before bed, while I am also praying for you and your victory. May the Lord's presence be with you and Brother Waqar today as you go about your chores, your work, your life,... in His mighty Name, we give the Lord all the Praise and the Victory! AMEN AND AMEN!
    lifeinhim61
    lifeinhim61
    Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:25 am

Rose, a RUSH of the HOLY SPIRIT just came over me, as I read your post.

OH THANK YOU FATHER, for hearing our prayers! In JESUS NAME, AMEN.

The ALL PRAISE and VICTORY is HIS! AMEN and AMEN.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lifeinhim61 Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:27 am

That's so wonderful Susan... when I feel the Spirit, I can smell an earthy smell around me and I will be praying all day to get the Spirit's presence in my house... I just need to pray more and more... that always happens as I am giving praise and glory to Him. So happy things are going to get better. We believe because HE LIVES! xoxo Rose
    lifeinhim61
    lifeinhim61
    Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:24 am

Aug. 12, 2009
    Dealing With Discouragement

Psalm 42:1-8

How can we conquer discouragement? Let me suggest nine specific steps:

1. Look within. Prayerfully examine yourself for the underlying cause.

2. Admit that you are discouraged. It's easy to avoid, ignore, or lie about it. But denial is deadly, and it guarantees failure.

3. Identify precisely what you are discouraged about. Name it; then face it.

4. Recall the nature of discouragement. Disappointments will come and go, but discouragement is a choice that you make.

5. Begin meditating frequently on God's Word. This way, you can accurately judge what you feel by what is real (Psalm 3:2-4; 16:7-8; 63:6-8; 77:12; 119:15).

6. Take your area of discouragement to God in prayer. Ask Him to reveal what He wants to teach you in this area of your life.

7. Focus on God, not your situation. Ask Him to help you see this disappointment and its lessons from His perspective.

8. View the cause as coming from the Lord. If we understand that He allows disappointments, we can find an opportunity for growth, even in trouble.

9. Confess these three truths aloud: The Father is with me in the pain; He's in control of my life and has allowed this for a reason; He is a good God, who will turn this disappointment into blessing.

Discouragement may sound harmless enough, but don't ever underestimate its destructive power. By keeping watch, you can avoid this deadly trap. So write down these nine steps on an index card, and then review the list whenever disappointments start to consume your thinking.

For more biblical teaching and resources from Dr. Charles Stanley, please visit www.intouch.org

The Importance of Character and Integrity
    from the messages of Adrian Rogers
    BIBLE MEDITATION:
    Proverbs 20:7 - "The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after him."

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
    This world says if we could just arrange conditions where we never have any sorrow, pain, or hurts, then we could change men. If we can change conditions, we can change character. But the Bible teaches just the opposite. The world puts the emphasis on condition. God puts the emphasis on character. Someone has well said you can't purify the water by painting the pump. And yet that's what we try to do. We think that if we can change the exterior or make conditions such that we never have any hurts, then we're going to be okay. But Jesus put the emphasis upon character — on what you are, not what you have.

ACTION POINT:
    Is there someone in your life you admire? Someone who is a person of integrity? Praise God for His work in that person’s life and give him or her a word of encouragement.From

Love Worth Finding Ministries
    http://www.lwf.org/

Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lifeinhim61 Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:34 am

Amen, Girl, keep it up... you are going on faith right now and the Lord loves when you look to HIM and not man for advice... there is GOD and always will be. Smile Praying for you and WITH you!
    lifeinhim61
    lifeinhim61
    Members

Back to top Go down

Post by lifeinhim61 Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:55 am

Susan, here is a verse for this situation, I also posted elsewhere Wink

Philippians 4:8
    Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

AMEN! Smile
    lifeinhim61
    lifeinhim61
    Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:05 am

AMEN Rose! Looking up and in PRAISE and WORSHIP.

I am reminded yet again, of this verse in Joshua, that was shared with me, at the beginning of this 40 days of prayer:

Joshua 3:5 And Joshua said unto the people, Sanctify yourselves: for to morrow the LORD will do wonders among you.

External Causes of Discouragement

Colossians 3:21

Discouragement can hit us from many angles, depleting our energy and productivity. Wise believers will learn to detect its sources in order to avoid this paralyzing effect. Today, let's examine some external causes.

1. Unresolved disappointments. This applies to letdowns caused by our own failed expectations or someone else's.

2. Constant criticism. When we are criticized frequently, it is natural to think, What's wrong with me? Yet, unless God reveals a truth in the comments, we must learn to let them go.

3. The feeling that no one's listening. The natural response to this is rejection.

4. The sense that we aren't appreciated after doing our best. We can get so tied to our work that someone's failure to acknowledge our efforts feels like a personal rebuff.

5. Bad working conditions. Many believers enjoy what they do but pick up on coworkers' cruelty, bitterness, or refusal to recognize their efforts. This can make it extremely difficult to get motivated about going to work each day.

6. Lacking opportunities to shine. A job that doesn't make the best use of one's gifts and abilities can wear a person down. So can tight-fisted management that limits freedom to make innovations.

Oftentimes, it's the people we see every day who seem to have the most power for causing discouragement in our lives. Read through the list again. Do any of the above scenarios sound disturbingly familiar? If so, pray for the strength to face these external discouragers with renewed confidence.

I this is posted on the forum, but it bears repeating. It has a POWERFUL MESSAGE for ALL Christians.

Fellowship of the Unashamed