The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Accusations about our FAITH

Go down

Accusations about our FAITH Empty Accusations about our FAITH

Post by Susan Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:02 am

The Apostle Paul, (once known as Saul) knew how others preceived his TESTIMONY and WALK in the LORD. He often faced OPPOSITION, because of his past history with the early Church. How he had persecutted the Church and even CHRIST JESUS. One day, he had an ENCOUNTER, that changed him, forever. His life is a reminder, that even though we are Christians, we will face accusations against our FAITH in CHRIST ALONE.

You can read about Saul, in Acts chapters 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 17, 22 and 26.

The event that changed Saul, into Paul, is found in Acts 26:

Acts 26:14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks. 15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And he said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.

Later on, in Pauls' Ministry, he often refers to his past and explains that he is no longer the same man.

Galatians 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. 12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ. 13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it: 14 And profited in the Jews' religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.

Paul knew, that in his past, he had persecutted the Church, and that many knew him then. I am sure, his FAITH was always in question, among those that had known him, as Saul.

Paul's change of heart, should resonate with all Christians. We all have done things in out past, that we would rather forget about, but someone often brings these things back up, that may cause doubt about our SALVATION and our FAITH in CHRIST JESUS.

What happens when we receive accusations about our FAITH:

Accusations, will open us up, to old wounds within our heart. The enemy will use your past to make you feel guilty. This guilt, is of the enemy, and has no power over a REDEEMED child of God. On the other hand, the HOLY SPIRIT convicts our hearts, when we stray away from the LORD.

This week, I found that the very essence of my BELIEF in the LORD, is now being attacked. Sometimes, those that are closest to us, don't really know the DEPTH of our FAITH. I am only human, still living in the fleshly body, but I am dead to this world, through CHRIST JESUS. In my fleshly body, I often fail misserbly, to meet the expectations, of others. Oh, how closely we are watched!

During these times, of attack, I am reminded, that LORD has freed me from all my sins, I am FREE INDEED, because I BELIEVE that JESUS died for my sins, and has SAVED my SOUL from death and destruction. I am not perfect yet, but being perfected in CHRIST JESUS. The LORD says that we are FORGIVEN our sins, and our sins are cast into the seas. GOD is sooo very GOOD, and it is HIS MERCY and GRACE, that saved a sinner like me. HE is my SUSTAINER, in trials and tribulations.

Don't let accusations against your FAITH, cause you to doubt your SALVATION. Keep your eyes focused on JESUS. HE is our REDEEMER.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down