The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Washing Jesus' Feet

2 posters

Go down

Washing Jesus' Feet Empty Washing Jesus' Feet

Post by Waqar Daniel Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:50 am

Washing Jesus' Feet Croppe11

"One of the Pharisees asked Him to eat with Him, and He went into the Pharisee's house, and took His place at table. And behold, a woman of the city, who was a sinner, when she learned that He was at table in the Pharisee's house, brought an alabaster flask of ointment, and standing behind Him at His feet, weeping, she began to wet His feet with her tears, and wiped them with the hair of her head, and kissed His feet, and anointed them with the ointment."

"Now when the Pharisee who had invited Him saw it, he said to himself, "If this man were a prophet, He would have known who and what sort of woman this is who is touching Him, for she is a sinner."

"And Jesus answering said to him, "Simon, I have something to say to you."

"And he answered, "What is it, Teacher?"

"A certain creditor had two debtors; one owed five hundred denarii, and the other fifty. When they could not pay, he forgave them both. Now which of them will love him more?"

"Simon answered, "The one, I suppose, to whom he forgave more."

"And He said to him, "You have judged rightly."

"Then turning toward the woman He said to Simon, "Do you see this woman? I entered your house, you gave me no water for my feet, but she has wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. You gave Me no kiss, but from the time I came in she has not ceased to kiss My feet. You did not anoint My head with oil, but she has anointed My feet with ointment. Therefore I tell you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much; but he who is forgiven little, loves little."

"And He said to her, "Your sins are forgiven."

"Then those who were at table with him began to say among themselves, "Who is this, who even forgives sins?" And he said to the woman, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace." (Luke 7:36-50)

This is a beautiful story and I love it very much. Now let us see what did this woman bring and what did she get from Jesus.

Alabaster
    Alabaster is a soft, easily-worked mineral substance, a variety of gypsum, that during Bible History was used to make small vessels for holding perfume (as well as for decorations and statues). The Greeks originated the name from Alabastron, a city in Egypt where such vials and boxes were made from the stone found there.

What did she get?

1. Her sins were forgiven
    2. When she washed Jesus' feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair, she went back anointed.

How do we behave?

I entered your house, you gave me no water for my feet, but she has wet my feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. You gave Me no kiss,...You did not anoint My head with oil...

When we are suffering, or are facing with problems we cry out to Jesus for help, and when He does, He comes and makes home with us. But what do we do in return to His favors and mercies? We do not care about Him because we are enjoying our freedom from our problem/s. We forget to wash His feet, we forget to anoint His head and we forget to kiss Him.

God bless you all
    Waqar Daniel
    Waqar Daniel

Number of posts : 84
    Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://christian-talk.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Washing Jesus' Feet Empty Re: Washing Jesus' Feet

Post by Susan Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:57 am

This woman, in total submission, had wrought a GOOD WORK upon our LORD. What a wonderful reminder, of how we should also be. We should always be ready and willing to serve HIM, no matter what others may think or say. Her action, was a reaction, to her heart condition. As she cleansed HIS feet and annointed them, she too became cleansed of her sins and was ANNOINTED. Her single action, became a MINISTRY, to serve the LORD.

This is something that I had shared this with our Women's Ministry, last month, to show them how Women of the BIBLE were used in MINISTRY. PRAISE THE LORD! cheers

Thank you, for sharing this.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down