The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Twisting his feet....

Go down

Twisting his feet.... Empty Twisting his feet....

Post by GuestHLA Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:13 am

Dream 03-31-08
    In this dream I was asleep in the bedroom across from a bedroom where my daughter and her boyfriend were sleeping. They weren’t married but seem to be sleeping in the same bed. (they do not do this) Someone broke into the house. This someone broke into the house to specifically go into the boyfriends bedroom and twist his feet. I encountered the man that broke in and he was big and had no hair. He was on his way out of the house. He stopped and looked at me and then left. I was afraid he would come back so made sure the door was locked. I asked my daughters boyfriend if he knew why anyone would do this to him and he didn’t. He acted like he didn’t even know his feet had been twisted. Next I am walking through the house like I am exercising. The house that we were in seemed to be the boyfriends parents house. Then I start to jog. My mom and dad were in the kitchen. I jumped over the counter and my foot landed on a clear plastic bag of bread crumbs. I was a little surprised but kept on going for my jog. I met up with my daughter somewhere in the house and she asked what I was doing and I said exercising. Then I woke up.

I am praying for complete understanding. Look forward to hearing from anyone that the Lord speaks to.
    Thank you......

Last edited by His Love Abides on Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

GuestHLA

Back to top Go down

Twisting his feet.... Empty Re: Twisting his feet....

Post by Susan Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:53 am

Hla, I will be praying about the interpretation of your dream. My first throughts is that twisted feet have to do with not walking the straight path for the LORD. Also, that your daughter and boyfrined share a bed, in this dream, represents being unequally yoked. The plastic bag of bread crumbs, is showing you, your walk in the WORD. You are exercising in the WORD in this dream. Your dream is showing you how to minister to your daughter's boyfriend. The house isn't your house but his parents house, shows you that this was an unfamilar setting, but that the LORD remains with you. Hope this will help you.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:07 am

Hla, I will be praying about the interpretation of your dream. My first throughts is that twisted feet have to do with not walking the straight path for the LORD. Also, that your daughter and boyfrined share a bed, in this dream, represents being unequally yoked. The plastic bag of bread crumbs, is showing you, your walk in the WORD. You are exercising in the WORD in this dream. Your dream is showing you how to minister to your daughter's boyfriend. The house isn't your house but his parents house, shows you that this was an unfamilar setting, but that the LORD remains with you. Hope this will help you.

Thank you Susan for sharing this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 02, 2008 10:42 am

Dream 03-31-08
    In this dream I was asleep in the bedroom across from a bedroom where my daughter and her boyfriend were sleeping. They weren’t married but seem to be sleeping in the same bed. (they do not do this) Someone broke into the house. This someone broke into the house to specifically go into the boyfriends bedroom and twist his feet. I encountered the man that broke in and he was big and had no hair. He was on his way out of the house. He stopped and looked at me and then left. I was afraid he would come back so made sure the door was locked. I asked my daughters boyfriend if he knew why anyone would do this to him and he didn’t. He acted like he didn’t even know his feet had been twisted. Next I am walking through the house like I am exercising. The house that we were in seemed to be the boyfriends parents house. Then I start to jog. My mom and dad were in the kitchen. I jumped over the counter and my foot landed on a clear plastic bag of bread crumbs. I was a little surprised but kept on going for my jog. I met up with my daughter somewhere in the house and she asked what I was doing and I said exercising. Then I woke up.

The word in this dream is found in Hebrews 12:13

Hebrews 12:13 and make straight paths for your feet, so that the limb which is lame may not be put out of joint, but rather be healed.

Proverbs 4:26 Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established

Hebrews 12
    God's Discipline Proves His Love
    1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily hinders our progress. And let us run with endurance the race that God has set before us.
    2 We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, on whom our faith depends from start to finish. [fn1] He was willing to die a shameful death on the cross because of the joy he knew would be his afterward. Now he is seated in the place of highest honor beside God's throne in heaven.
    3 Think about all he endured when sinful people did such terrible things to him, so that you don't become weary and give up.
    4 After all, you have not yet given your lives in your struggle against sin.
    5 And have you entirely forgotten the encouraging words God spoke to you, his children? He said,
    "My child, don't ignore it when the Lord disciplines you, and don't be discouraged when he corrects you.
    6 For the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes those he accepts as his children."
    7 As you endure this divine discipline, remember that God is treating you as his own children. Who ever heard of a child who was never disciplined?
    8 If God doesn't discipline you as he does all of his children, it means that you are illegitimate and are not really his children after all.
    9 Since we respect our earthly fathers who disciplined us, should we not all the more cheerfully submit to the discipline of our heavenly Father and live forever?
    10 For our earthly fathers disciplined us for a few years, doing the best they knew how. But God's discipline is always right and good for us because it means we will share in his holiness.
    11 No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening-it is painful! But afterward there will be a quiet harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way.
    12 So take a new grip with your tired hands and stand firm on your shaky legs. 13 Mark out a straight path for your feet. Then those who follow you, though they are weak and lame, will not stumble and fall but will become strong.
    A Call to Listen to God
    14 Try to live in peace with everyone, and seek to live a clean and holy life, for those who are not holy will not see the Lord.
    15 Look after each other so that none of you will miss out on the special favor of God. Watch out that no bitter root of unbelief rises up among you, for whenever it springs up, many are corrupted by its poison.
    16 Make sure that no one is immoral or godless like Esau. He traded his birthright as the oldest son for a single meal.
    17 And afterward, when he wanted his father's blessing, he was rejected. It was too late for repentance, even though he wept bitter tears.
    18 You have not come to a physical mountain, to a place of flaming fire, darkness, gloom, and whirlwind, as the Israelites did at Mount Sinai when God gave them his laws.
    19 For they heard an awesome trumpet blast and a voice with a message so terrible that they begged God to stop speaking.
    20 They staggered back under God's command: "If even an animal touches the mountain, it must be stoned to death."
    21 Moses himself was so frightened at the sight that he said, "I am terrified and trembling."
    22 No, you have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to thousands of angels in joyful assembly.
    23 You have come to the assembly of God's firstborn children, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God himself, who is the judge of all people. And you have come to the spirits of the redeemed in heaven who have now been made perfect.
    24 You have come to Jesus, the one who mediates the new covenant between God and people, and to the sprinkled blood, which graciously forgives instead of crying out for vengeance as the blood of Abel did.
    25 See to it that you obey God, the one who is speaking to you. For if the people of Israel did not escape when they refused to listen to Moses, the earthly messenger, how terrible our danger if we reject the One who speaks to us from heaven!
    26 When God spoke from Mount Sinai his voice shook the earth, but now he makes another promise: "Once again I will shake not only the earth but the heavens also."
    27 This means that the things on earth will be shaken, so that only eternal things will be left.
    28 Since we are receiving a Kingdom that cannot be destroyed, let us be thankful and please God by worshiping him with holy fear and awe.
    29 For our God is a consuming fire.

Notes I gathered for a study on this word:
    The major purpose of Hebrews is thus to encourage, strengthen, and motivate its
    readers—to call them to faithfulness. The author seeks to achieve this purpose by means
    of two central themes: priesthood and pilgrimage. First, Hebrews sets forth a new
    presentation of Jesus as High Priest and enthroned Son, through whom faithful Christians
    have direct access to God. Hebrews is the only book in the New Testament that explores
    the significance of Jesus’ work by means of the priestly image. Like the priests of old,
    Jesus is a mediator between the human and divine realms, a boundary-crosser who opens
    access to the holy. He cleanses our conscience, effectively removes our sin, and
    intercedes for us before the throne of grace. His completed work as high priest brings us
    into the very presence of God and makes possible our own lives of covenant faithfulness.
    Second, the theme of pilgrimage is also central, for in his priestly, boundary-crossing
    role, Jesus is also a trailblazer, a pioneer, who leads us to faith’s destination, drawing us
    toward our home with God. Thus, Christians are urged to look “to Jesus the pioneer and
    perfecter of our faith” (12:2) and “to run with perseverance the race that is set before”
    them (12:1). Hebrews envisions Christian life as a journey, in which we follow Christ’s
    example of faithful service and live as he did, even in the midst of persecution. Christians
    are to be a pilgrim people, on the move, and sojourners in this world, who seek their
    home in the city “whose architect and builder is God” (11:10). Thus, Hebrews urges its
    readers to “get the lead out,” to keep moving, to get on with their marching toward the
    goal. The author is anxious to ensure that his weary pilgrims reach the Promised Land.
    By rekindling their vision of what God has accomplished in Jesus Christ, and by
    reminding them of the great personal resources available to them through Jesus’completed work, the author of Hebrews seeks to rejuvenate weary readers of every age
    for the pilgrimage of faith.
    Hebrews has been called “the epistle of sufferers,” for it is distinguished by the attention
    that it gives both to the sufferings of Jesus and to the sufferings of God’s people.

Finish the race

In Hebrews, doctrinal information is often the springboard for practical application. After each section of information comes a brief section of exhortation, often with the words "therefore, let us…." Chapter 12 begins with Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles.

What kind of witnesses surround us? Perhaps they are spectators in a stadium, watching us run the race—but since the author hasn’t used the metaphor of a footrace yet, the readers probably would not think of "witness" in that sense. Rather, the witnesses are people who can testify that it is possible to be faithful in the face of temptations, even in persecutions.

Examples of success surround us, so we should get rid of anything that distracts us, anything that slows us down—especially sin. Sin is like an octopus that grabs us first with one tentacle, then another, and another, until we are trapped. Sin makes it harder for us to follow Christ, or to trust in him for our salvation. So, to be faithful, we need to put aside sin or any other hindrance.

And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith (vv. 1-2). Here, the Christian life is compared to a race, perhaps a marathon, in which finishing the race is more important than coming in first. How can we finish? By keeping our eyes on the goal: Jesus. He is not only the one who calls us to faith in the beginning, he is also the one who will complete his work within us.

What kind of example did he set for us? For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God (v. 2). Jesus kept his eyes on the goal—the joy set before him. Our salvation is the joy that motivated Jesus to endure the pain and shame of the cross. The cross shows us how much Jesus wants us to join him in his joy, to join him in his position of honor and authority next to God. And this sets an example that can help us endure our difficulties.

Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart (v. 3). If we think about what he did, we will be encouraged to put up with the inconveniences that Christianity may bring us. As we focus on him, he will strengthen the faith within us.

As the author observes, the readers had not experienced what Jesus did: In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood (v. 4). We should be willing to give our lives, because the life we have gained is far more than anything we might give up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:13 pm

Thank you for sharing the interpretation. I agree! We are to stay the course that the LORD has set us on.

Dear FATHER, we thank you for giving us dreams and the interpretation of these dreams. Make plain the path that we are to walk. Keep our feet firmly planted upon YOUR PATH. Guide our steps and establish the way in which YOU would have us go. Direct us in YOUR MINISTRY, through JESUS, our LORD and SAVIOR. In JESUS NAME, AMEN.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down