The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

John 13:18-20

Go down

John 13:18-20 Empty John 13:18-20

Post by clark thompson Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:28 pm

John 13:18-20 King James Version (KJV)
    18 I speak not of you all: I know whom I have chosen: but that the scripture may be fulfilled, He that eateth bread with me hath lifted up his heel against me.
    19 Now I tell you before it come, that, when it is come to pass, ye may believe that I am he.
    20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

John 13:18-20
    NSB 18 »I do not speak about all of you. I know whom I have chosen! This way the scripture may be fulfilled: ‘He that eats my bread lifted up his heel against me.’« 19 »I tell you before it happens. So that when it takes place you may believe that I am he. 20 »Truly I say to you, he who receives whom ever I send receives me. And he who receives me receives him who sent me.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

18 Jesus was referring to Judas but it may have been too soon to tell them who because they may have tried to stop him. It was a friend of His that would betray Him, while eating with others may have been common eating with them on normal bases like here was done by family and close friends, while Jesus did share bread when
    He feed the thousands this verse does not refer to one of them.

19 Jesus told them simply so they would later be able to believe. Sometimes Prophecy was given just so faith could be built and that is what He does here.

20 People accept Jesus when we serve Him, this does not mean everything we do they should accept because we are His, we are sinners and our sins should never be accepted by others. Jesus represented the Father and we are represent Him in the same.

clark thompson
    Members

Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2014-07-10

Back to top Go down