The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Love your enemies- Matthew 5

3 posters

Go down

Love your enemies- Matthew 5 Empty Love your enemies- Matthew 5

Post by Susan Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:01 pm

Matthew 5:43-38, "Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbor, and hate thine enemy. But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you. For that ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh the sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and the unjust. For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? And if ye salute your brethern only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publican's so? Be ye therefore perfect, even as your father which is in heaven perfect." (KJV)

It came to me, with all the violence in the world, that I hadn't ever really wanted to pray for my enemies. But Jesus, did, even from the cross, he asked God to "forgive them for they no not what they do." I have had several personnal attacks in the last few years, even in my own home! Why not pray for those who are our emeny? God recently gave me a verse that I was stuck on for sometime! 2 Samuel Chapter 22. (You can read it on your own if you like, it is too long to post here.)

He gave me this during a very difficult time, in which I am still dealing with, but I started forming a list of names for me to pray for. Family members that had come against us or needed salvation, enemies that were once trusted friends. World leaders, who come against Israel, Terrorists, etc. You get my idea.

I thought this would be a good way to start a prayer chain for our enemies and of those who need salvation! .

Lord, I stand on your word that the enemy belongs to you and that you will gaurd us and keep us. I bind them, in Jesus Name. Lord, salvation is yours, and I ask you to change their hearts that they may know you. Let me be a light in their darkness, and lead them to you, for you are our giver of life, and without it there can be no life, only death. Lord help me to remeber, that when the enemy comes against me, I need to give them to you. Your word in Isaiah 54: 17, says,"No weapon formed against thee shall prosoer; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgement thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD." (KJV) Lord, I ask you to make me more like your Son, Jesus, and if I offend anyone, let them forgive me as you have forgiven me. I also ask forgiveness of these that I named here on this page.

I want to hear the words, "You have fought the good fight, thou good and faithful servant." Let me be one who leads peace through prayer of my enemies. Give me peace that you are in control of them and you are my protector and shield, in the day od trouble. Help me to understand when famly members and friends trun against me, that you are in control, not me. Let the enemy not turn away from you, Lord, and help me to always be mindful of them.

Lord I know the battle is spiritual, help me to fight my battles through prayer and not through violence. Keep us safe from those who want to harm us. Protect Israel and all Christians around the world. Let this be my continual prayer to you. Remind me daily that this constant battlegound of this world is uncertainty, but that YOU are in control.

I thank you for your promises and for all you have done for me and my family. Let me be joyful in my prayers to you. All my praise is to you father. You have given me life through your Son, Jesus. You have provided a comforter, through the Holy Spirit. You are a hedge of protection, you send your angels to gaurd over me. I thank you for all that you do for me. I praise your name. Jehovah Jirah, YOU alone are my provider!, In Jesus name, amen.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Love your enemies- Matthew 5 Empty Re: Love your enemies- Matthew 5

Post by Susan Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:03 pm

"If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give peace unto wrath: for it is written, Vengence is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome with good." Romans 12:17-21 (KJV)

"For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist. And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethern, and kinsfolks, and friends, and some of you shall they cause to be put to death. And you shall be hated of all men for my name's sake. ...For these be the days of vengence, that all things which are written may be fulfilled." Luke 21:15-17, 22 (KJV)

"It is God that avengeth me, and subdueth the people under me. He delivereth me from mine enemies: yea thou liftest me up above those that rise up against me: thou has delivered me from the violent man. Therefore will I give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and sing praises unto thy name." Psalms 18:47-49

"Teach me thy way, O LORD, and lead me in a plain path because of mine enemies." Psalms 27:11

"When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me. In God will I praise his word: in the LORD will I praise his word. In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me. Thy vows are upon me, O God: I will render praises unto thee. For thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt thou deliver my feet from falling that I may walk before God in the light of the living?" Psalms 56:9-13

"Because of his strength will I wait upon thee: for God is my deffense. The God of my mercy shall prevent me: God shall let me see my desire upon mine enemies." Psalms 56:9-10

"Through God we shall do valiantly: for he it is that shall tread down our enemies." Psalms 59:12

"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God, in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Thou shalt not be afraid if the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day. Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteh at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand, but it shall not come nigh unto thee. Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked. Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone." Psalms 91:1-12

"My zeal hath consumed me, because mine enemies have forgotten thy words. Thy word is very pure: therfore thy servant loveth it." Psalms 119:139-140

"Many are my persecutors and mine enemies; yet do I not decline my testimonies." Psalms 119:157

"Evil men understand not judgement: but they that seek the LORD understand all things."Proverbs 28:5

If we believe that HIS Word is the truth and it is Pure, then we can trust in Him completely. For He has already saved us from our own sin. It is in this that I can draw stength. God is truly miraculous!
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:05 pm

"The LORD shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your place." Exodus 14:14 (KJV)

John 2:22 (KJV) "Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son."

"For the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall burn as stuble: and on that day that cometh shall burn them up, saith LORD of hosts, it shall leave them neither root nor branch. But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing on his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall. And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts. Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto Him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and the judgements. Behold I will send you Elijah the prophet, before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD. And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse." Malachi 4 (KJV)

"Trust ye not in a friend, put not ye confidence in a guide: keep the doors of thy mouth from her that lieth in thy bosum. For the son dishonoreth the father, the daughter riseth up against her mother, the daughter in law against her mother in law; a man's enemies are of his own house. Therefore I will look unto the God of my salvation: my God will hear me." Micha 7:5-7 (KJV)

"Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good. Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another; Not slothful in business; freverent in spirit; serving the Lord; Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer; Distributing to the necessity of saints, given to hospitality. Bless them which persecute you: and curse not. Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep. Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits. Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honset in the sight of all men. If is be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peacably with all men. Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengence is mine; I will repay, saith the LORD. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome with evil, but overcome with good." Romans 12:9-21
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:07 pm

"Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like grass, and wither as the green herb. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed." Psalms 37:1-3 (KJV)

"Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who brings wicked devices to pass. Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: Fret not thyself anywise to do evil. For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth. For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt dillegently consider his place, and it shall not be. But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace. The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth. The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming. The wicked hath drawn out the sword, and have bent their bow, to cast down the poor and the needy, and to slay such as be of upright conversation. Their sword shall enter into their own heart, and their bows shall be broken. A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked. For the arms of the wicked shall be broken: but the LORD upholdeth the righteous. The LORD knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever. They shall not be ashamed in evil time: and in days of famine they shall be satisfied. But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat lambs: they shall consume: into smoke shall they consume away. The wicked borroweth, and payeth not again: but righteous showeth mercy, and giveth. For such as be blessed of him shall inherit the earth; and they that be cursed of him shall be cut off. The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD: and he delighteth in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand." Psalms 37: 7-23 (KJV)

Luke 21:8-28(KJV) "And he said, take heed that ye be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying I am Christ; and the time draweth near: go ye not therefore after them. But when you hear of wars and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass: but the end is not by and by. Then he said unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven. But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake. And it shall turn for you a testimony. Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer: For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist. And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethern, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death. And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake. But there shall not a hair of your head perish. In your patience possess ye your souls. And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that desolation thereof is nigh. Then let them which are in Judea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto. For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be a great distress in the land, and upon this people. And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all the nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Men's hearts failing them for powers of heaven shall be shaken. And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. And when these things begin to come to pass,then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:07 pm

2 Timothy 1:7-8 (KJV) " For God hath not given us the spirit of
    fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. Be not thou therefore ashamed of the tesimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God."

2 Timothy 3:13-14 (KJV) "But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them:"

1 Peter 3:14-17 (KJV) "But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy are ye: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled; But sanctifiy the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meakness and fear: Having a good concience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ. For it is better, if the will of God be so, that ye suffer for well doing, than for evil doing."

2 John 1:711 (KJV) "For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. Look to yourselves, that we lose not the things which we have wrought, but that we receive full reward. Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not the doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that abideth him in God speed is partaker of his evil deeds."
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:08 pm

Ephesians 4:17 This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind, 18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart: 19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness. 20 But ye have not so learned Christ; 21 If so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus: 22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;]23 And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; 24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness. 25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. 26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath: 27 Neither give place to the devil. 28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth. 29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. 30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:10 pm

GOD led me back to this scripture. I hope that it speaks volumns for you, as it did to me, during some very trying times, in my walk with HIM.

2 Samuel 22

22:1 And David spake unto the LORD the words of this song in the day that the LORD had delivered him out of the hand of all his enemies, and out of the hand of Saul: 2 And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; 3 The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence. 4 I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. 5 When the waves of death compassed me, the floods of ungodly men made me afraid; 6 The sorrows of hell compassed me about; the snares of death prevented me; 7 In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears. 8 Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations of heaven moved and shook, because he was wroth. 9 There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it. 10 He bowed the heavens also, and came down; and darkness was under his feet. 11 And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: and he was seen upon the wings of the wind. 12 And he made darkness pavilions round about him, dark waters, and thick clouds of the skies. 13 Through the brightness before him were coals of fire kindled. 14 The LORD thundered from heaven, and the most High uttered his voice. 15 And he sent out arrows, and scattered them; lightning, and discomfited them. 16 And the channels of the sea appeared, the foundations of the world were discovered, at the rebuking of the LORD, at the blast of the breath of his nostrils. 17 He sent from above, he took me; he drew me out of many waters; 18 He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them that hated me: for they were too strong for me. 19 They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the LORD was my stay. 20 He brought me forth also into a large place: he delivered me, because he delighted in me. 21 The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness: according to the cleanness of my hands hath he recompensed me. 22 For I have kept the ways of the LORD, and have not wickedly departed from my God. 23 For all his judgments were before me: and as for his statutes, I did not depart from them. 24 I was also upright before him, and have kept myself from mine iniquity. 25 Therefore the LORD hath recompensed me according to my righteousness; according to my cleanness in his eye sight. 26 With the merciful thou wilt show thyself merciful, and with the upright man thou wilt show thyself upright. 27 With the pure thou wilt show thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt show thyself unsavory. 28 And the afflicted people thou wilt save: but thine eyes are upon the haughty, that thou mayest bring them down. 29 For thou art my lamp, O LORD: and the LORD will lighten my darkness. 30 For by thee I have run through a troop: by my God have I leaped over a wall. 31 As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him. 32 For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our God? 33 God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect. 34 He maketh my feet like hinds' feet: and setteth me upon my high places. 35 He teacheth my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms. 36 Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy gentleness hath made me great. 37 Thou hast enlarged my steps under me; so that my feet did not slip. 38 I have pursued mine enemies, and destroyed them; and turned not again until I had consumed them. 39 And I have consumed them, and wounded them, that they could not arise: yea, they are fallen under my feet. 40 For thou hast girded me with strength to battle: them that rose up against me hast thou subdued under me. 41 Thou hast also given me the necks of mine enemies, that I might destroy them that hate me. 42 They looked, but there was none to save; even unto the LORD, but he answered them not. 43 Then did I beat them as small as the dust of the earth, I did stamp them as the mire of the street, and did spread them abroad. 44 Thou also hast delivered me from the strivings of my people, thou hast kept me to be head of the heathen: a people which I knew not shall serve me. 45 Strangers shall submit themselves unto me: as soon as they hear, they shall be obedient unto me. 46 Strangers shall fade away, and they shall be afraid out of their close places. 47 The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and exalted be the God of the rock of my salvation. 48 It is God that avengeth me, and that bringeth down the people under me. 49 And that bringeth me forth from mine enemies: thou also hast lifted me up on high above them that rose up against me: thou hast delivered me from the violent man. 50 Therefore I will give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and I will sing praises unto thy name. 51 He is the tower of salvation for his king: and sheweth mercy to his anointed, unto David, and to his seed for evermore.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:14 pm

Luke 6: 27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, 28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. 29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also. 30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again. 31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. 32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. 33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same. 34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again. 35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. 36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.

Romans 12:14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not.

Proverbs 1:33 But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil.

Psalms 13:2 How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? how long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?

Psalms 13:4 Lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed against him; and those that trouble me rejoice when I am moved.

Psalms 41:11 By this I know that thou favourest me, because mine enemy doth not triumph over me.

Psalms 74:3 Lift up thy feet unto the perpetual desolations; even all that the enemy hath done wickedly in the sanctuary.

Jeremiah 15:11 The LORD said, Verily it shall be well with thy remnant; verily I will cause the enemy to entreat thee well in the time of evil and in the time of affliction.

Jeremiah 31:16 Thus saith the LORD; Refrain thy voice from weeping, and thine eyes from tears: for thy work shall be rewarded, saith the LORD; and they shall come again from the land of the enemy.

2 Chronicles 20:17 Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the LORD will be with you.

Job 13:16 He also shall be my salvation: for an hypocrite shall not come before him.

Psalms 3:8 Salvation belongeth unto the LORD: thy blessing is upon thy people. Selah.

Psalms 13:5 But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation.

Psalms 18:2 The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.

Psalms 18:35 Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation: and thy right hand hath holden me up, and thy gentleness hath made me great.

Psalms 18:46 The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and let the God of my salvation be exalted.

Psalms 20:5 We will rejoice in thy salvation, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners: the LORD fulfil all thy petitions.

LORD, don't let me be asleep and have the enemy comes against me. Let me be vigilent in seeking YOU daily. LORD, are my ONLY protection when I come under these attacks. The enemy has no power over me, because I have brought them before YOU, LORD. LORD, bless my enemies that wish to harm me, bless them that curse me. Reverse their plans against me and let it be for YOUR GLORLY. YOU alone are my buckler and shield in times of trouble. Cancel all their actions against your child in JESUS NAME. Let their words be empty and without any merit. Bring them to their knees in repentance to YOU,O LORD. LORD don't let my heart become hardened against them, but let me be forgiving, yet firmly uphold YOUR WORD. Thank you LORD for your WORD does not come back void. Thank you LORD that I can come to you, when no one else will defend me. Thank you that YOU are my defense. I stand in your precense humbled before you. Let me fear no man's actions, but remember to fear YOUR judgements always. Renew the Fear of the LORD within me. Make me a bold instrument that declares YOUR WORD. Let me continue to battle the false teachings, false doctrines and anything that DOES NOT ALIGN with YOUR WORD. Let YOUR praises continue to fall off my lips. Let others see JESUS and the HOLY SPIRIT within me. Humble me LORD. In JESUS NAME, AMEN.

Sending my Praises to the LORD! Those that are set free, will not be captive in the enemies camp. The LORD reverses their actions and releases the captives!
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Thu May 29, 2008 1:24 pm

Dear FATHER, thank you for this lesson on love your enemies. When the firey darts begin to fall let me forever praise YOUR NAME. Thank you that whenever these things take place, that I can count on YOU for my protection. May others see the truth in these things, and understand that loving our enemies, is the only way to resolve the issues. LORD, may you grant each person that comes against me, YOUR PEACE. May they one day see, that I am only a CHILD of the KING, and want the best YOU have for them. In YOUR AMAZING GRACE, I stand in AWE. Not worthy of the LOVE you have given to me, yet, I know that YOUR conquers all. Help me to continue to love others as YOU would wnat me to do. In JESUS NAME, AMEN.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GloryB Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:32 pm

I think one of the best teachings I have ever heard in this area is:

When you don't forgive someone, it makes as much sense as drinking poison and hoping it will kill your enemy.
    The only person it is hurting is YOU.

I think most of our unanswered prayers and that overall feeling of being depressed often stems from our unwillingness to FORGIVE. Even if we go to God and say we are forgiving a person or a situation, we may not feel any different about the person or situation right away, but eventually the forgiveness does manifest in our hearts and we are finally free from it.
    GloryB
    GloryB
    Members

Number of posts : 88
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:37 pm

This bears repeating. AMEN, Sister!
    GloryB wrote:I think one of the best teachings I have ever heard in this area is:

When you don't forgive someone, it makes as much sense as drinking poison and hoping it will kill your enemy.
    The only person it is hurting is YOU.

I think most of our unanswered prayers and that overall feeling of being depressed often stems from our unwillingness to FORGIVE. Even if we go to God and say we are forgiving a person or a situation, we may not feel any different about the person or situation right away, but eventually the forgiveness does manifest in our hearts and we are finally free from it.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Waqar Daniel Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:47 am

Really nice Susan and I enjoyed reading all the posts. However, I would say that Mathew 5 is mostly misunderstood. I agree that Jesus wanted us to live in peace and have characteristics of the personality of Heavenly Father. The word used is enemy, now if we go by the verse, we have to identify our enemies first. So it means that not to have any enemies in our lives, we need to change ourselves first and live according to the principles in the Bible.

A small example: Jesus told us that our Yes should be Yes and No should be No. As a working professional I found out that mostly people turn against each other due to gossip and they become real enemies taking revenge whenever they have a chance. There are many such principles that will help us live peacefully even among our enemies.

I believe that Mathew 5 should be read and understood with Mathew 7:6. In being kind to our enemies we need not become stupids also.

God bless you all
    Waqar Daniel
    Waqar Daniel

Number of posts : 84
    Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://christian-talk.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:18 am

Waqar Daniel wrote:Really nice Susan and I enjoyed reading all the posts. However, I would say that Mathew 5 is mostly misunderstood. I agree that Jesus wanted us to live in peace and have characteristics of the personality of Heavenly Father. The word used is enemy, now if we go by the verse, we have to identify our enemies first. So it means that not to have any enemies in our lives, we need to change ourselves first and live according to the principles in the Bible.

A small example: Jesus told us that our Yes should be Yes and No should be No. As a working professional I found out that mostly people turn against each other due to gossip and they become real enemies taking revenge whenever they have a chance. There are many such principles that will help us live peacefully even among our enemies.

I believe that Mathew 5 should be read and understood with Mathew 7:6. In being kind to our enemies we need not become stupids also.

God bless you all
    AMEN, Waqar Daniel! I highlighted something you said, because it speaks at the core truth of many of our battles, even with those that are not our enemy, but also in our friendships. Sometimes these things can turn friends into enemies...and it is our place to smooth the way, to reconcile, if at all possible. But as you have stated also, a yes, should always mean yes, and a no, should always mean no. Friends, that are truly friends, will understand that, and respect you for taking a stand on what you believe in, or they will part company. In other words, don't compromise what the LORD has taught you, when faced with a dilema. Look to the WORD, for your answers, and answer according to what is in the WORD. For some of our toughtest answers, may mean LIFE or DEATH, to someone we care for.

I have learned that by loving my enemies, I can pray for them, and truly mean what I pray for. There isn't any harboring of ill feelings, or hatred, for acts that may come against me. Because, I know that the LORD handles all my battles.

There is an action, of laying our enemy before the LORD, that we are called to do. When we lay the enemy before our LORD, we step aside and allow the LORD to work on the heart of our enemy, and HE is FAITHFUL, to also work on our heart as well. Once this is done we can know that we are in the right place, before our LORD, in the WORD and in PRAYER.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GloryB Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:53 pm

When someone hurts us...we can't fix it and neither can the person who did it. It's a wound in our heart. UNLESS we follow the process of getting it healed through Jesus which starts with forgiveness, even if we forgive in faith, it will absolutely wreck our ability to pray effectively and walk in love. Every time we even think of it, and satan will make sure we think of it often, we are not thinking on things that are pure, lovely and of good report. So it becomes an ongoing sin.

And as Susan mentioned, if you can't forgive them, you can't love them and you can't pray for them. So, now another sin begins to grow.
    GloryB
    GloryB
    Members

Number of posts : 88
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down