The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

1 Corinthians 13, Love and Charity

Go down

1 Corinthians 13, Love and Charity Empty 1 Corinthians 13, Love and Charity

Post by Susan Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:40 pm

1 Corinthians 13:1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing. 4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, 5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil; 6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; 7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. 8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. 9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. 11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. 13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Without GOD in my life, I am nothing. Without love for my brethern, I am nothing. Without the Salvation that JESUS gave, I am nothing.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

1 Corinthians 13, Love and Charity Empty Re: 1 Corinthians 13, Love and Charity

Post by Susan Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:42 pm

In the Book of Acts, GOD reminded me of the scripture above, I Corinthians 13. It has to do with love....but also with idle words that tear away JESUS from us. It reminded me that in Acts 9, JESUS comes to Saul. "Saul, Saul with do you persecute me?" That is the question that turned Saul's world upside down. Later on we know that Saul became Paul, and he suffered many things for JESUS Name. Most importantly, he remained faithful to JESUS Name. His ministry changed. He was no longer persecuting Christians, but bringing many into GOD'S kingdom. The stoney heart was broken, his eyes and ears were opened to the truth about who JESUS really was. The message is clear today too.

That is why I ask, are you broken for HIM. If we do not suffer the persecution of being a follower of Christ, our ministry is null and void. When we suffer for the truth of the GOSPEL of CHRIST, it isn't about us. The attack, is felt by JESUS. He said in HIS WORD, that what we do to the least of these, we do to him.

When one member hurts, we should all feel the pain of that hurt. The wounds will heal, when JESUS shows up, and utter's those words again, "why do you persecute me?". Are we really about doing the LORD'S WORK, or is the agenda to tear down HIS WORKER'S?

I have to step back everyday, and ask myself, am I doing what the LORD wants me to do. It is a personal relationship with HIM. Jesus suffered and died on the cross, for all mankind. He gave us a gift, and we either accept the gift or deny the gift.

My heart grieves over the Saul's that haven't had that life altering encounter with JESUS. Oh! that they would come to know HIM! Can you imagine the ministry of Saul's that were changed into Paul's, and preached the WORD of GOD, and brought many into the KINGDOM of GOD!

It was Saul's brokenness that brought him to the realization that JESUS was indeed the MESSIAH! How marvelous was the change that took place in him.

I want to be that kind of person, and I seek the LORD each day, asking HIM to reveal himself more and more to me. This is my daily question, Are you broken for HIM?

"He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him, stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and by his stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53: 3-5 (KJV)

" He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. He was taken from prison and judgement: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut out of the land of the living: for transgression of my people was he stricken. And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was there any deceit in his mouth. Yet it pleased the Lord to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed,he shall prolong his days,and the pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in his hand. He shall see the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied:by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bear the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors." Isaiah 53: 7-12 (KJV)

I don't want to be sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. I want to show the LOVE of JESUS in everything I do and say.

I am so glad that GOD forgives us, when we fall short. HE turns our deeds around, and it all works for HIS GLORY.

May the LORD bless you richly.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:44 pm

Love is patient and it is kind.

JESUS streched out HIS arms on a cross and gave up HIS earthly life for our sins.

He stretched out HIS arms, with the LOVE of the FATHER, HE submitted, to whatever it took, to save a lost and dying world.

He stretched out HIS arms, in LOVE and gives HIS Children a big hug, when they come to HIM

Our burdens are light, when we come and lay it all down at JESUS feet.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down