The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Discussion on the Christian quotes?

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Discussion on the Christian quotes? Empty Discussion on the Christian quotes?

Post by Susan Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:58 am

Todays Christian Quote:

Theology belongs in the pulpit, the school, the work-place, the family, and everywhere. Society as a whole is weakened when theology is neglected. Without a systematic application of theology, too often people approach the Bible with a smorgasboard mentality, picking and choosing what pleases them.

- Rushdooney, R. J.

I agree with this quote. I would add, that we see many different and some very . erroneous views on BIBLICAL theology, in recent years. It is becoming the norm, to take scripture and water down the WORD. What is very troubling is how many people fall into this deceptive practice. We are truly living in a time of false teachers, false preachers, false prophets, and some of the worst doctrines, that I have ever witnessed.

May the LORD guide us to study the WORD, know the WORD, and be ready to defend the WORD. Because if what is being taught, preached or prophesied, doesn't align with the WORD 100%, it is false. There is no way to get around it. Feel good doctrines, may make you feel warm and fuzzy, but the REAL WORD, puts a fire inside of you, that no man can quench! Let's not pick and choose what feels good, but be doer's and defender's of what the WORD.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Discussion on the Christian quotes? Empty Re: Discussion on the Christian quotes?

Post by GloryB Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:12 pm

What a great idea to discuss various quotes!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't know. People who tend to gravitate towards watered down gospel messages are the same people who can hear a fire and brimstone message and think it doesn't pertain to them. Theology and morality can't be legislated.....so it leaves it in the hands of each individual, or family if there are children involved, to make strong decisions as to where they stand on issues.

At the end of the day....each person has to navigate the Cross for themselves. Some will end up in heaven with rewards and others will get in by the skin of their teeth and probably feel quite ashamed.

So, I agree with the statement, I just don't know if it is applicable by force.
    GloryB
    GloryB
    Members

Number of posts : 88
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Discussion on the Christian quotes? Empty Re: Discussion on the Christian quotes?

Post by Susan Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:06 pm

I agree that the WORD should never be forced,either. But we are called to correct those that are not aligned with the WORD. We should be loving, in showing correction through scriptures. We each do have a choice to FOLLOW JESUS, or not. We make the decision when we decide on SALVATION. What needs to be nurtured after the SALVATION issue, is how to approach the WORD, that is sound, and not watered down. AS Christians, we should pray for the ones that are caught up in the wrong theologies, and believe the LORD will convict their heart and bring them back to what the LORD'S WORD does say.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:32 pm

The Lord does not measure our afflictions according to our faults, but according to our strength, and looks not what we have deserved, but what we are able to bear.

- Downame, George

I am glad that the LORD takes a sinful person, that I was, and made me a new person. I am new in HIM. AMEN!

We are able to bear whatever comes our way, not by our own strength, but through JESUS. HE is our strength!

Philippians 4:11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. 12 I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. 13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

We are able to bear our afflictions, because of the ONE, who beared our sins, on CALVARY'S CROSS. That ONE, is JESUS. AMEN.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Today's Bumper Sticker:

If you can't stand the heat, better make plans to avoid it.

There is a greater amount of heat that is found in the depths of hell and the lake of fire. How can you avoid the heat of hell and the lake of fire? The BIBLE tells us:

Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

If you can't stand the heat, you had better better make plans to avoid it. You need the ultimate HERO, JESUS! Know HIM, accept HIM as your PRESONAL SAVIOR, and know ETERNAL LIFE, instead of what awaits those who won't accept the TRUE and LOVING LORD.

Got JESUS? I know I do! If you want to know HIM, ask me how.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GloryB Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:04 pm

This is just a question:
    Do you think the afflictions the Bible is talking about are those for the sake of the Gospel only
    or are we supposed to accept all the regular life afflictions without question and just assume they are from God?
    GloryB
    GloryB
    Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:59 am

GloryB wrote:This is just a question:
    Do you think the afflictions the Bible is talking about are those for the sake of the Gospel only
    or are we supposed to accept all the regular life afflictions without question and just assume they are from God?
    I believe that GOD allows us to have some afflictions, just as some of the Apostles suffered with afflictions. It doesn't mean that our LORD won't heal us, but our healing might be in another form, and not the physical healing that so many expect today. For instance, I watched a little woman struggling to walk up the isle at church, yesterday, but she wasn't concerned about her physical ability or limitation, she was concerned about her spiritual condition. The smile on her face, was a beam of light! You could tell, that she struggled with each step, yet, she was smiling, because the message she received, was healing in her very soul.

2 Corinthians 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. 17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; 18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

I also stand on the LORD'S WORD, that HE will wipe away every tear from our eyes, that there will be no more pain and suffering.

Revelation 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. 5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:12 am

None have assurance at all times. As in a walk that is shaded with trees and chequered with light and shadow, some tracks and paths in it are dark and others are sunshine. Such is usually the life of the most assured Christian.

- Hopkins, Ezekiel

There is a song, "Blessed Assurance", that tells us that JESUS is ours. It is our assurance as HIS Children, that we can get through some of the hardest times, in our daily life. Some of the darkest moments for me, was when each of my parents passed from this life. I have assurance that I will see them again in heaven, because they both were SAVED, and believed in JESUS. They made HIM, LORD of their lives. My assurance is in that I can rest in my heavenly FATHER'S ARMS, knowing that one day, I will join them in the great Wedding Feast, being prepared, and we can all praise our LORD and SAVIOR JESUS, forever more... I love you
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:26 am

Leave not off reading the Bible till you find your hearts warmed... Let it not only inform you, but inflame you.

- Watson, Thomas

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GloryB Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:38 pm

I really needed to hear that. I have a tendency of reading the Bible and only looking for the good stuff. Very Happy
    GloryB
    GloryB
    Members

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:12 am

GloryB wrote:I really needed to hear that. I have a tendency of reading the Bible and only looking for the good stuff. Very Happy
    I'm glad, that you said this. We all have this tendency, to only want to look at the good stuff, but the LORD wants us to know HIS WORD, so that we can be Fisher's of Men. We need HIS WISDOM, and UNDERSTANDING, to do this. What better way, that through READING HIS WORD. AMEN. I love you
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:24 am

Today's Christian Quote:

God forgives, then He gives; till He be merciful to pardon our sins through Christ, He cannot bless or look kindly upon us sinners. All our enjoyments are but blessings in bullion, till Gospel grace and pardoning mercy stamp and make them current.

- Gurnall, William

I have to tell you that we were discussing this just last night, with PJ! The heart condition is is where it all begins and ends. It isn't until we realize that our hearts are evil, that we can accept the GRACE that the LORD gives us, through SALVATION. All our debt and sin were paid for on AN OLD RUGGED CROSS, by JESUS, our LORD, and SAVIOR! Do you KNOW HIM?

Hebrews 3:4 For every house is builded by some man; but he that built all things is God. 5 And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a testimony of those things which were to be spoken after; 6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end. 7 Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice, 8 Harden not your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness: 9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works forty years. 10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said, They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways. 11 So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.) 12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. 13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. 14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end; 15 While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Today's Bumper Sticker:

[quote]Salvation is free... but not until you ask for it.[/quote

Luke 11:9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. 10 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

Revelation 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:36 pm

A heathen philosopher once asked: "Where is God?" The Christian answered: "Let me first ask you, where is He not?"

- Arrowsmith, John

Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Revelation 1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Revelation 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Revelation 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:55 am

The righteousness of God, whereby He justifieth sinners, and sanctifieth the justified, and executeth judgment for His reconciled people, is the sweetest object of the church's joy.

- Dickson, David

AMEN! and AMEN! If we have no other joy within us, it is the LOVE of our HEAVENLY FATHER! I love you
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:22 am

Read and read again, and do not despair of help to understand the will and mind of God though you think they are fast locked up from you. Neither trouble your heads though you have not commentaries and exposition. Pray and read, read and pray; for a little from God is better than a great deal from men.

- Bunyan, John
    " A little from GOD is better than a great deal from men." It is ALWAYS best for us to SEEK THE LORD for our understanding of HIS WORD, than to trust in men's interpretation. We are to pray and read the WORD, and PRAY some more, if we are not clear on the meaning. The LORD'S WAY is not always the way we see things, and we need to consult with HIM, in all things, pertaining to HIS WORD. Remember that some things are not going to be revealed to us or are not for our mere human understanding. If something is a mystery to you, it isn't a mystery to the LORD. HE reveals HIS WORD, in HIS TIMING, not ours. A good saying is, "don't fret the small stuff". Nothing is impossible with our LORD! AMEN.

Three things we should do each day:

Pray, read the WORD, PRAISE HIM for HIS WORD, that will not come back void!
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:54 pm

In his life Christ is an example showing us how to live; in his death, he is a sacrifice satisfying for our sins; in his resurrection, a conqueror; in his ascension, a king; in his intercession, a high priest.

- Luther, Martin

Our life belongs to CHRIST JESUS. What are some of the names that is given to JESUS, throughout the NT? Here are a few to get us started:

Savior

Messiah

Alpha and Omega

Beginning and End

First and Last

Root and Offspring of David

What are some other names and things that JESUS did, that is worthy of our praises?
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:47 am

Every day we may see some new thing in Christ. His love has neither brim nor bottom.

- Rutherford, Samuel

John 4:5 Then cometh he to a city of Samaria, which is called Sychar, near to the parcel of ground that Jacob gave to his son Joseph. 6 Now Jacob's well was there. Jesus therefore, being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well: and it was about the sixth hour. 7 There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink. 8 (For his disciples were gone away unto the city to buy meat.) 9 Then saith the woman of Samaria unto him, How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews have no dealings with the Samaritans. 10 Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water. 11 The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with, and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water? 12 Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well, and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle? 13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: 14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. 15 The woman saith unto him, Sir, give me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw. 16 Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy husband, and come hither. 17 The woman answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no husband: 18 For thou hast had five husbands; and he whom thou now hast is not thy husband: in that saidst thou truly. 19 The woman saith unto him, Sir, I perceive that thou art a prophet. 20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship. 21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him. 24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth. 25 The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. 26 Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he. 27 And upon this came his disciples, and marvelled that he talked with the woman: yet no man said, What seekest thou? or, Why talkest thou with her? 28 The woman then left her waterpot, and went her way into the city, and saith to the men, 29 Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ? 30 Then they went out of the city, and came unto him.

John 7:37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. 38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:31 am

The two Testaments are two lips by which God hath spoken to us.

- Watson, Thomas

I never really thought about the two Tesiments, being the lips of GOD. scratch However, it does make sense that the two Testiments are HIS WORD. AMEN.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:46 am

If society is to be awakened one day from its deep slumber, it will only be done by Christians who have first woken up themselves to the full splendor of their privilege and who have taken seriously the call to live wholly and entirely for God.

- Roberts, Maurice

This is so very true! the LORD wants us to read HIS WORD, hide HIS WORD in our heart and mind, and live according to HIS WORD. HE is calling each of us to be obedient, to HIM. It isn't about being under the law, but doing the WILL of the FATHER.

James 1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting. 2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
    James 1:3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. 4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. 5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. 7 For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord. 8 A double minded man is unstable in all his ways. 9 Let the brother of low degree rejoice in that he is exalted: 10 But the rich, in that he is made low: because as the flower of the grass he shall pass away. 11 For the sun is no sooner risen with a burning heat, but it withereth the grass, and the flower thereof falleth, and the grace of the fashion of it perisheth: so also shall the rich man fade away in his ways. 12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him. 13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man: 14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. 15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. 16 Do not err, my beloved brethren. 17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. 18 Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures. 19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: 20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. 21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls. 22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. 23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: 24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was. 25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed. 26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain. 27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:55 am

God has in himself all power to defend you, all wisdom to direct you, all mercy to pardon you, all grace to enrich you, all righteousness to clothe you, all goodness to supply you, and all happiness to crown you.

- Brooks, Thomas
    Yes! HE DOES! HE created us and HE has the power and authorty over us, in all things!
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:12 pm

I believe that if there is one thing which pierces the Master's heart with unutterable grief it is not the world's iniquity but the church's indifference.

- Owen, John

Yes, I believe that this is a true statement. We know that in the last days, the church is shown to be neither hot or cold. Being a lukewarm church, is being indifferent. We need to be on fire for bringing in the lost, and participants in bringing the GOOD NEWS of JESUS and HIS SALVATION PLAN, to the lost and sinful peoples.

Dear FATHER, use me, to bring others the MESSAGE of JESUS and YOUR SALVATION PLAN. Let my life, be a light in the darkness. Let my testimony,be EDIFYING unto YOU. Soften the hearts of those that are dying in sin, so that they will receive the message, and accept YOUR FREE GIFT. Thank you FATHER, for JESUS and for HIS BLOOD that cleanses a wretch like me. Let this be my mission, to bring the GOSPEL to the lost and dying world, and let YOUR WORD, convict their hearts, and they be ready to accept JESUS as thier SAVIOR. FATHER, we ask that we never miss the opportunity to bring YOUR WORD,and TRUTH to those that need to hear it. We plead for each loved one,each neightbor and even the ones we do not know yet,that you prepare their hearts. LORD we ask that the eyes are opened and the ears are hearing, YOUR WORD,which will save us all. In JESUS NAME,AMEN.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:27 pm

We are never nearer Christ than when we find ourselves lost in a holy amazement at his unspeakable love.

- Owen, John

I find that I am often AMAZED and in AWE of our LORD and SAVIOR. If not for HIS LOVE and HIS SACRIFICE, we would still be lost and dying in our sin. HOW REMARKABLE is HIS LOVE for us!
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:16 am

The distinguishing mark of a Christian is his confidence in the love of Christ, and the yielding of his affections to Christ in return.

- Spurgeon, C. H.
    It is called: our TESTIMONY, AMEN.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:24 pm

God does not give us his power so that we might feel good about ourselves; he gives us his power so that we can obey him for his sake, for his glory.

- Bridges, Jerry
    The BIBLE says, "I can do all things, through CHRIST". The power isn't found within ourselves, it is found thorugh our LORD and SAVIOR, JESUS. AMEN!
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:25 am

Putting our trust in God and depending on his intrinsic goodness frees us from the need to find explanations for everything.

- Retief, Frank

This is TRUTH if JESUS is our ALL in ALL THINGS. We don't have to undestand everything, but TRUST HIM, in HIS WORD.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:54 pm

If you lack knowledge, go to school. If you lack wisdom, get on your knees! Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is the proper use of knowledge.

- Havner, Vance

That is also, my understanding.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:25 pm

Reprove compassionately. Soft words and hard arguments do well together. Passion will heat the sinner's blood, but compassion will heal his conscience.

- Swinnock, George

Reprove, simply means to correct with gentle intent.

Job 6:24 Teach me, and I will hold my tongue: and cause me to understand wherein I have erred. 25 How forcible are right words! but what doth your arguing reprove? 26 Do ye imagine to reprove words, and the speeches of one that is desperate, which are as wind? 27 Yea, ye overwhelm the fatherless, and ye dig a pit for your friend. 28 Now therefore be content, look upon me; for it is evident unto you if I lie. 29 Return, I pray you, let it not be iniquity; yea, return again, my righteousness is in it. 30 Is there iniquity in my tongue? cannot my taste discern perverse things?

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

Compassion simply means to have sympathy for another. Another way to put this would say that your love for one another.

Jude 1:20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, 21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life. 22 And of some have compassion, making a difference: 23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh. 24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

I have reproved in compassion, in the past. I do so prayerfully, and with wisdom and understanding of the WORD. This is the only way, that reproval will work in compassion. Sometimes the person recieves this and understands why, and sometimes they do not. I have also been reproved. Not only by someone, who wanted to correct my understanding of the WORD, but also by the LORD. HE loves us, compassionately and HE reproves us, in HIS WORD. HIS REPROVAL is purging our very souls, so that we can function within HIS WILL for us. We become fruitful, when we are willing to take take correction, from the LORD and through others that love us, as CHRIST LOVES us.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:19 pm

Children, obey. Why does the apostle use the word obey instead of honor, which has a greater extent of meaning? It is because obedience is the evidence of that honor which children owe to their parents, and it therefore more earnestly enforced. It is likewise more difficult; for the human mind recoils from the idea of subjection, and with difficulty allows itself to be placed under the control of another.

- Calvin, John

It is hard to obey, yet, as CHRISTIANS we are to be obedient to the WORD. For in our OBEDIENCE, is LIFE MORE ABUNDANT. Give the LORD some PRAISE!
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:49 pm

We do not segment our lives, giving some time to God, some to our business or schooling, while keeping parts to ourselves. The idea is to live all of our lives in the presence of God, under the authority of God, and for the honor and glory of God. That is what the Christian life is all about.

- Sproul, R. C.

Psalms 62:8 Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.

Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. 10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. 11 For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren, 12 Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee. 13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

It is one of the hardest things for us to do, giving up self, in order to serve the LIVING GOD. Yet, the more I, TRUST in HIM, the more of HIM, I see, in me.There is an old Gospel song we sing:

"All to JESUS, I surrender....all to HIM, I freely give" Let's not just sing the words, but mean them. AMEN.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Sat Nov 15, 2008 11:17 am

If we do not die to ourselves, we cannot live to God, and he that does not live to God, is dead.

- MacDonald, George
    This is TRUE. We must daily die in our flesh, in order to walk in the SPIRIT. Paul said this:

1 Corinthians 15:31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. 5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. 8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. 10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you. 12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. 13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:17 am

The cross is laid on every Christian. It begins with the call to abandon the attachments of this world. It is that dying of the old man which is the result of his encounter with Christ.

- Bonhoeffer, Dietrich

WOW! This is a POWERFUL message! JESUS said, take up your cross and follow ME.

Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me. 24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it. 25 For what is a man advantaged, if he gain the whole world, and lose himself, or be cast away? 26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels. 27 But I tell you of a truth, there be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the kingdom of God.

It is a struggle for many of us, to do just that. Dying to one's self, is often the hardest thing to let go and to let GOD take control of your life. Yet, we can see that in doing so, we have LIFE MORE ABUNDANT.

John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

The LIFE MORE ABUNDANT, is when we come face to face with JESUS, and we are FOREVER CHANGED!

2 Corinthians 3:1 Do we begin again to commend ourselves? or need we, as some others, epistles of commendation to you, or letters of commendation from you? 2 Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men: 3 Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart. 4 And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: 5 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God; 6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life. 7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away: 8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious? 9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory. 10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth. 11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious. 12 Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech: 13 And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished: 14 But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. 15 But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. 16 Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away. 17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

LORD, take all of me, and make me be an instrument of YOUR WILL and YOUR WORD. Thank you for sending JESUS, to be our GUIDE, our Comforter, and our BLESSED HOPE. For in HIM, we are made NEW! The old self dies, and we become like HIM. We ask for YOUR BOLDNESS, to share the LOVE of JESUS, to the world. In JESUS NAME, AMEN.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:26 pm

Use sin as it will use you; spare it not, for it will not spare you; it is your murderer, and the murderer of the world: use it, therefore, as a murderer should be used. Kill it before it kills you; and though it bring you to the grave, as it did your Head, it shall not be able to keep you there.

- Baxter, Richard
    What an interesting way to look at our sin. Once we accept JESUS as our LORD and SAVIOR, we repent of all our sins. I believe Richard Baxter has caught the essence of sin, to us. It will indeed kill us, because sin, seperates us from the LORD. Therefore we must do away with all manner of sin, in our lives.

Romans 5:12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: 13 (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

Romans 5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound: 21 That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 6:1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

Romans 6:6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with [him], that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. 7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

Romans 6:10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. 11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. 12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. 13 Neither yield ye your members [as] instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members [as] instruments of righteousness unto God. 14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. 16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? 17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you. 18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Romans 6:20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.

Romans 6:22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life. 23 For the wages of sin [is] death; but the gift of God [is] eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Romans 7:7 What shall we say then? [Is] the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet. 8 But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin [was] dead. 9 For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.

Romans 7:11 For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew [me].

Romans 7:13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful. 14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Romans 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Romans 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Romans 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Romans 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: 4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:06 pm

To pray is to grasp heaven in one's arms; to embrace the Deity within one's soul, and to feel one's body made a temple of the Holy Spirit.

- Spurgeon, C. H.

Prayer is our communication tool for speaking to the FATHER, through JESUS NAME.

John 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

John 15:16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

John 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

It is our gift, from JESUS, and even when we have no words to utter, the HOLY SPIRIT, speaks for us.

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

What a wonderful gift, we have.

Now, the LORD would like us to use this gift, continually.

1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

Have you prayed today?
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:20 pm

Beware, I pray thee, of presuming that thou art saved. If thy heart be renewed, if thou shalt hate the things that thou didst once love, and love the things that thou didst once hate; if thou hast really repented; if there be a thorough change of mind in thee; if thou be born again, then hast thou reason to rejoice: but if there be no vital change, no inward godliness; if there be no love to God, no prayer, no work of the Holy Spirit, then thy saying "I am saved" is but thine own assertion, and it may delude, but it will not deliver thee.

- Spurgeon, C. H.

This is a wonderful reminder to examine our SALVATION, and to be sure that we are indeed CHANGED FOREVER, with the SAVATION OF CHRIST JESUS. For there is no other way, than through JESUS, that we are SAVED. It is not by any work that we do, than the ONE who did ALL for us, through HIS SACRIFICE on CALVARY. Are you washed in the BLOOD of the LAMB? Are your garments spotless, are they white as snow? Are you sure that your sure, that you are SAVED? If in doubt, pray and ask JESUS into your heart today and confess your sins to HIM. He is waiting for you. I love you
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:18 am

Those blessings are sweetest that are won with prayers and won with thanks.

- Goodwin, Thomas

AMEN! Some of our biggest battles are not fought with guns and war, but through prayer, on our knees and prostrate, before our LORD. When a prayer is answered, it is our TESTIMONY to the world, that the LORD we serve is; the ONLY TRUE and LIVING GOD! This is our blessing and we show it through our PRAISE for HIM!

Go say an prayer today, and then give the LORD your PRAISE, for HE is the GOD of MORE THAN ENOUGH.

cheers
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:45 am

Though Christians be not kept altogether from falling, yet they are kept from falling altogether.

- Secker, William

Here is another TRUTH. Christians are not perfect, but being perfected through CHRIST JESUS. We are on a journey to be LIKE HIM. We know through the WORD, that man was formed in the IMAGE of GOD. GOD wants us to be LIKE HIM, and HE is the ONLY ONE, who can change a sinner into HIS HOLY IMAGE. So, when I sin, I am falling away from the ONE I long to be most like. In asking for forgiveness, I am humbling myself to the MASTER'S TOUCH, and through HIM, I am made WHOLE. It is a hard journey for most CHRISTIANS. But, we can STAND FIRM on HIS WORD, that when we are weak, HE is STRONG. Like the POTTER, who molds the clay, we are being gently MOLDED and MADE in the IMAGE of our LORD. Give the LORD some PRAISE! cheers
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:59 pm

Take heed of secret sins. They will undo thee if loved and maintained: one moth may spoil the garment; one leak drown the ship; a penknife stab and kill a man as well as a sword; so one sin may damn the soul; nay, there is more danger of a secret sin causing the miscarrying of the soul than open profaneness, because not so obvious to the reproofs of the world; therefore take heed that secret sinnings eat not out good beginnings.

- Burroughs, Jeremiah

TRUTH! Nothing can remain hidden from our LORD. Why try to hide your sin, when it can easily be confessed to the LORD.

1 Corinthians 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

2 Corinthians 4:2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.

1 John 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Dear FATHER, if there be any sin that we have forgotten, or is hidden; we ask you to bring it to remembrance, so that we can confess these sins to you. We thank you for JESUS, and for giving us a way of REDEMPTION from all sins. Without JESUS we yet lost in our sins. Let nothing seperate us from YOUR LOVE and MERCY. Let us ever be ready to confess all things to YOU, and keep nothing from YOU. For YOU know our deepest thoughts, and YOU know our hearts. Prepare in us, a CLEAN HEART, LORD. Keep our thoughts and actions PURE, and in YOUR WORD. In JESUS NAME, AMEN.

Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:14 am

I beg every devout Christian not to despise the simplicity of language and the stories found in the Old Testament. He should remember that, however, simple the Old Testament may seem, it contains the words, works, judgments and actions of God himself. Indeed the simplicity makes fools of the wise and the clever, and allows the poor and simple to see the ways of God. Therefore submit your thoughts and feelings to the stories you read, and let yourself be carried like a child to God.

- Luther, Martin

AMEN!
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:47 pm

None but the Lord himself can afford us any help from the awful workings of unbelief, doubting, carnal fears, murmurings. Thank God one day we will be done forever with unbelief.

- Pink, A. W.
    This is TRUTH!

I am weak, but HE is STRONG.

I can do all things, through CHRIST, who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13

I am looking forward to the day, when we will be done with unbelief, and be in HIS PRESENCE. AMEN! cheers
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:51 pm

The wise Christian will not let his assurance depend upon his powers of imagination.

- Tozer, A. W

This is TRUTH!

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. 16 But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:49 am

The Word of the Lord is a light to guide you, a counsellor to counsel you, a comforter to comfort you, a staff to support you, a sword to defend you, and a physician to cure you. The Word is a mine to enrich you, a robe to clothe you, and a crown to crown you.

- Brooks, Thomas

cheers All this being said, is indeed based upon the SCRIPTURES! AMEN! cheers
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:44 pm

I would put it to you, my dear hearer, have you been fruitful? Have you been fruitful with your wealth? Have you been fruitful with your talent? Have you been fruitful with your time? What are you doing for Jesus now?

- Spurgeon, C. H.

The LORD has been impressing upon my SPIRIT about the types of FRUIT that we produce. It is something that we as Christians should be concerned with producing FRUIT for our LORD. AMEN! Here are some of the things that the LORD has been showing me, and I pray that they will be a BLESSING for you:

BIBLE STUDIES

Which fruit do you bear?
    https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com/general-bible-study-f7/which-fruit-do-you-bear-t417.htm?highlight=fruit

The Seed, the soil and the good fruit
    https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com/general-bible-study-f7/the-seed-the-soil-and-the-good-fruit-t211.htm?highlight=fruit

Branch that produces GOOD FRUIT
    https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com/general-bible-study-f7/branch-that-produces-good-fruit-t811.htm?highlight=fruit

My dream:

Fruit bearing trees and the harvest
    https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com/interpreted-dreams-f14/fruit-bearing-trees-and-the-harvest-t721.htm?highlight=fruit
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:43 am

You know the value of prayer; it is precious beyond all price. Never, never neglect it.

- Buxton, Thomas

cheers AMEN! cheers

PRAYER is PRECIOUS, because we KNOW that the LORD ANSWERS our PRAYERS, and it is our COMMUNICATION with the FATHER, that makes it so! GIVE the LORD ALL PRAISE and HONOR, for your ANSWERED PRAYERS, today!

Philippians 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:04 pm

In God there is no was or will be, but a continuous and unbroken is. In him, history and prophecy are one and the same.

- Tozer, A. W.

I absolutely love this quote! cheers How TRUE! The LORD IS! Therefore HIS WORD, is TRUTHFUL, and it contains both an accurate HISTORY and PROPHECY! We know this, by STUDYING HIS WORD. I love you
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:34 am

Theology belongs in the pulpit, the school, the work-place, the family, and everywhere. Society as a whole is weakened when theology is neglected. Without a systematic application of theology, too often people approach the Bible with a smorgasboard mentality, picking and choosing what pleases them.

- Rushdooney, R. J.

We certainly know this is TRUTH, by looking at how much the USA has changed, since removing the LORD'S PRAYER and prayer in pulic, from our schools. The TRUTH is we need GOD to GOVERN us, not men.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Thu May 14, 2009 8:28 am

Read and read again, and do not despair of help to understand the will and mind of God though you think they are fast locked up from you. Neither trouble your heads though you have not commentaries and exposition. Pray and read, read and pray; for a little from God is better than a great deal from men.

- Bunyan, John

AMEN! Men will often lead us astray, when it comes to RIGHTLY DIVIDING the WORD. The LORD will give us HIS WISDOM and UNDERSTANDING of the WORD through the HOLY SPIRIT. HE wants us to SEEK HIM, through our prayers that ask for UNDERSTANDING of the WORD. The LORD wants us each to STUDY HIS WORD, to show ourselves approved.

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Tue May 19, 2009 6:28 pm

He was created of a mother whom he created. He was carried by hands that he formed. He cried in the manger in wordless infancy, he the Word, without whom all human eloquence is mute.

- Augustine of Hippo

How beautifully said. The answer to whom Augustine of Hippo, was speaking about...only one person who was GOD in the FLESH fits this profile:

JESUS
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Sun May 24, 2009 1:21 pm

Every day we may see some new thing in Christ. His love has neither brim nor bottom.

- Rutherford, Samuel

Revelation 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen. 8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Revelation 21:6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

Revelation 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. 14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Tue May 26, 2009 8:05 am

I change, he changes not; The Christ can never die; His love, not mine, the resting place, His truth, not mine, the tie.

- Bonar, Horatius

How TRUE! It is our changing, and conforming into the BODY of CHRIST.

Please read Romans 12.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Fri May 29, 2009 8:48 am

The two Testaments are two lips by which God hath spoken to us.

- Watson, Thomas

AMEN and AMEN.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:06 pm

Code:
    If God forgives us, we must forgive others. Otherwise it is almost like setting up ourselves as a higher tribunal than him.

- Lewis, C. S.
    AMEN! I love you
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next