The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Heart condition

Go down

Heart condition Empty Heart condition

Post by Susan Thu May 29, 2008 7:07 pm

What condition is your heart in?

Psalms 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Psalms 66:16 Come and hear, all ye that fear God, and I will declare what he hath done for my soul. 17 I cried unto him with my mouth, and he was extolled with my tongue. 18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me: 19 But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer. 20 Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Heart condition Empty Re: Heart condition

Post by Susan Fri May 30, 2008 11:49 am

Be sure you do not have a wicked heart...

Deuteronomy 15:9 Beware that there be not a thought in thy wicked heart, saying, The seventh year, the year of release, is at hand; and thine eye be evil against thy poor brother, and thou givest him nought; and he cry unto the LORD against thee, and it be sin unto thee.

Proverbs 26:20 Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth. :21 As coals are to burning coals, and wood to fire; so is a contentious man to kindle strife. 22 The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly. 23 Burning lips and a wicked heart are like a potsherd covered with silver dross. 24 He that hateth dissembleth with his lips, and layeth up deceit within him; 25 When he speaketh fair, believe him not: for there are seven abominations in his heart. 26 Whose hatred is covered by deceit, his wickedness shall be shewed before the whole congregation. 27 Whoso diggeth a pit shall fall therein: and he that rolleth a stone, it will return upon him. 28 A lying tongue hateth those that are afflicted by it; and a flattering mouth worketh ruin.

We need the LORD to create within us the clean heart, so that we do not fall into the trap of a wicked heart.

There is more on understanding the heart condition...
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:10 am

Integrity of my heart

Genesis 20:4 But Abimelech had not come near her: and he said, LORD, wilt thou slay also a righteous nation? 5 Said he not unto me, She is my sister? and she, even she herself said, He is my brother: in the integrity of my heart and innocency of my hands have I done this. 6 And God said unto him in a dream, Yea, I know that thou didst this in the integrity of thy heart; for I also withheld thee from sinning against me: therefore suffered I thee not to touch her.

According to Merriam-Webster Dictionary, the word, integrity, means:

A adherence to a code of especially moral.

So to have integrity of the heart, would mean that we understand what is moral and right and follow that, faithfully.

The LORD spoke with King Solomon about integrity of heart:

1 Kings 9:2 That the LORD appeared to Solomon the second time, as he had appeared unto him at Gibeon. 3 And the LORD said unto him, I have heard thy prayer and thy supplication, that thou hast made before me: I have hallowed this house, which thou hast built, to put my name there for ever; and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually. 4 And if thou wilt walk before me, as David thy father walked, in integrity of heart, and in uprightness, to do according to all that I have commanded thee, and wilt keep my statutes and my judgments: 5 Then I will establish the throne of thy kingdom upon Israel for ever, as I promised to David thy father, saying, There shall not fail thee a man upon the throne of Israel.

More scripture on the word, integrity:

Job 31:6 Let me be weighed in an even balance that God may know mine integrity.

Psalms 7:8 The LORD shall judge the people: judge me, O LORD, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me.

Psalms 25:21 Let integrity and uprightness preserve me; for I wait on thee.

Psalms 26:1 Judge me, O LORD; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the LORD; therefore I shall not slide.

Psalms 26:11 But as for me, I will walk in mine integrity: redeem me, and be merciful unto me.

Psalms 41:12 And as for me, thou upholdest me in mine integrity, and settest me before thy face for ever.

Psalms 78:72 So he fed them according to the integrity of his heart; and guided them by the skilfulness of his hands.

Proverbs 11:3 The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them.

Proverbs 19:1 Better is the poor that walketh in his integrity, than he that is perverse in his lips, and is a fool.

Proverbs 20:7 The just man walketh in his integrity: his children are blessed after him.

May we each ask the LORD to preserve, integrty, in our hearts.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:29 am

"The imagination of a man's heart is evil from is youth."

That is a powerful statement of our heart condition, while we remain in sin.

Genesis 8:20 And Noah builded an altar unto the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar. 21 And the LORD smelled a sweet savor; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done. 22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

The BIBLE says in Proverbs, "let not your heart envy sinners".

Proverbs 23:17 Let not thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the LORD all the day long.

The LORD ponders what is in a man's heart

Proverbs 21:2 Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.

What can we glean from these verses?

The LORD knows our hearts, and HE knows that there is sin in our hearts from our youth. We cannot see the sin, and think everything is okay, but in reality the sin is hidden, and we forget the things that caused the sin. Until we are ready to cofess our sins before the LORD, we do not have a clean heart. The LORD knows what we think in our hearts...

Proverbs 23:6 Eat thou not the bread of him that hath an evil eye, neither desire thou his dainty meats: 7 For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.

THE LORD knows everything we have done, are doing and will do. Who can say, I have made my heart clean?

Proverbs 20:9 Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin? 10 Divers weights, and divers measures, both of them are alike abomination to the LORD. 11 Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right.

There is only one way to a clean heart, and that is through confessing our sins, and asking JESUS for forgiveness. HIS BLOOD SACRIFICE can wash away our sins. THE LORD'S PROMISE is a NEW HEART!

Ezekiel 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.

HE will send a COMFORTER, to us!

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. 18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

I ask, what other god, can give you a NEW HEART? None other than our LORD and SAVIOR, JESUS!

Romans 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:47 am

More about man's evil heart:

Genesis 6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. 7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

There was a time, when the LORD was ashamed of making man, because within each of us, is an evil heart. But Noah, had found GRACE with the LORD.

Genesis 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

Genesis 8:21 And the LORD smelled a sweet savor; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done. 22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

So, we see the heart condition without the LORD'S PRESENCE is evil. How do we recognise an evil heart?

A preverse tongue falls into mischief:

Proverbs 17:20 He that hath a froward heart findeth no good: and he that hath a perverse tongue falleth into mischief.

A haughty heart:

Proverbs 18:12 Before destruction the heart of man is haughty, and before honour is humility

Frets against the LORD:

Proverbs 19:3 The foolishness of man perverteth his way: and his heart fretteth against the LORD.

Overly proud and is found with sin:

Proverbs 21:4 An high look, and a proud heart, and the plowing of the wicked, is sin.

What we eat, drink or think, is also found within our heart:

Proverbs 23:7 For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he: Eat and drink, saith he to thee; but his heart is not with thee.

But the LORD had a plan to change the wicked heart, into a place where the HOLY SPIRIT can dwell! This is the change of a man's heart, and the LORD is the only ONE, who can create within us, a clean heart! AMEN. The LORD quickens us to repent of sin, which is the cause of an evil heart. It is through our repentence of sins, and asking for forgiveness, that our heart is made clean.

Do we have some hidden sin, within our heart, that is keeping us from the CLEAN HEART, that the LORD wants in us?
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:08 am

The LORD has confirmed this study to me! Last night our Church service message was out of Matthew 14:34-23 and Matthew 15:1-9. Our pastor told us about washing our hands, (traditions of men) and what the LORD really see's; the HEART CONDITION (of the church).

It is a wake up call to the CHURCH, to have a CLEAN HEART before HIM. For too long, we have allowed men to interpret the WORD, for us. It is time for the CHURCH, to STUDY the WORD, and ask the HOLY SPIRIT to help us UNDERSTAND, HIS WORD. Sometimes, we get so deeply involved in a teaching, that we miss the simplicity of the actual SCRIPTURES, we are studying. It is easy for SCRIPTURES, to me mis-interpreted, and twisted. For generations, men have sought to twist the WORD for their own doctrines, which is pleasing only to them. It is NOT pleasing to the FATHER, for us to mis-interpret HIS WORD! PLEASE, ask the LORD for GUIDANCE, when studying the WORD. And, if you are in a CHURCH that doesn't PREACH and TEACH the BIBLE, with a FIRM FOUNDATION, of understanding, find another one, that does.

Pray and seek the LORD concerning your own HEART CONDITION, today. Let's get RIGHT before the LORD, and HE WILL BLESS us, for it!
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down