The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Fully trusting GOD. A look at Psalm 34.

Go down

Fully trusting GOD.  A look at Psalm 34. Empty Fully trusting GOD. A look at Psalm 34.

Post by Susan Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:00 am

Our text day can be found in Psalm 34. My mother spent quality time in the Book of Psalms. I think she related to King David in some way or another. Or, the poetry of the Book drew her in. Whatever her reason, she would read a Psalm a day. Mother was not educated. She had a 6th grade education, because her father believed, women did not need to be educated to clean house and have babies. Such outdated thinking in my mind! She desired to learn, all her life and was embarrassed that her spelling was awful. I have recipes, that she wrote down, where she mispelled words. I love her handwriting! I have my grandmother's handwriting also. Her mother, seemed to be an educated woman. It must have drove my grandfather crazy. He had only a 3rd grade education. Verse 8 says, "O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him. " And the end of the chapter, tells us, "The Lord redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate. " We can fully trust that the LORD, will take care of HIS children! We as parents and grandparents, often try our best to take care of our children and grandchildren. Afterall, we are made in the image of GOD! I think back to things my parents and grandparents did. I used to say, I want to be different and do my own thing. But alas, I am doing the very things, they did. GOD has a sense of humor. We can try to run from our family, but ultimately, we become very much like them in the end. Each generation builds upon the previous generations. We are better off in many ways, yet, we still yearn for the same types of things. We still do the same things. We still make the same mistakes along life's road. King David expressed his love of the LORD, throughout the Psalms. Yet, if we think about it, that love, was instilled in him, by godfearing parents.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down