The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Building good relationships

Go down

Building good relationships Empty Building good relationships

Post by Susan Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:02 pm

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD, with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

FATHER, help us to understand every situation we find ourselves in, that we are to trust YOU. Help us to build good relationships. To bind up the enemy's attacks against us. To seek FIRST, YOUR KINGDOM and RIGHTEOUSNESS. To ask, and it be given to us, good measure, for our faithfulness.

When the world looks on, let us set an example of being a light in the darkness. Let us sow LOVE, seasoned with GRACE and MERCY. Just as YOU have liberally given to us.

Help us to be better Christians. Purge all malice and sin from our hearts and minds. Let our service be edifying unto YOU. Forgive our shortcomings. Mold us and make us into the vessels, YOU can use. Change our will, into YOUR WILL.

Thank you for SAVING us. For JESUS is our LORD and REDEEMER. Thank you for the HOLY SPIRIT INDWELLING. For being our FATHER, who loves us and who spanks us from time to time. Help us receive correction, when it is due. Help us learn from our mistakes, with grateful hearts. Help us to reciprocate YOUR LOVE, to others.

In JESUS NAME, AMEN.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Building good relationships Empty Re: Building good relationships

Post by Susan Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:02 pm

Friendships can last a lifetime. Friends may also come into your life and then leave. Often, life gets so busy, we don't spend time forging friendships.

The same is true with marriage. We have to be committed to building our relationship with our spouse. Remembering why we fell deeply in love with them, and slowly building upon that relationship, through the good and bad times. Arguments are natural in relationship. But an argument can also detract us from a relationship. It causes us to recoil, to want to run away. But a faithful couple will work tirelessly to build their relationship with their spouse. Some of the most precious gifts I have received from my spouse, are little notes which simply said, "I love you". A word of encouragement goes a long way, in building trust and love.

Our Heavenly FATHER, wants a lasting relationship also. HE gives us many blessings each and every day. We often get too busy, to spend time with our FATHER. How long has it been, since you spent time studying GOD'S WORD? What about sharing with GOD in prayer? Or, spending time in Church Services.

We build relationships slowly, over time. Hurried relationships often fizzle and fail. We have choices on which relationships are important to us. It is easy to break off a relationship, over cross words. Stop for a moment and think about your own relationships. Are you too busy? Or, do you honestly seek, to build relationships. Do you work through disagreements? Are you a person who shows how much you care, or are you judgemental when it comes to relationships? Do you forgive others easily? I know it is a battle, I face in my relationships. But, GOD deals with my heart, though my heart is most stubborn at times. HE does this, because of HIS COMMITMENT and LOVE.

FATHER, today, we thank you for relationships. For friends who remain true throughout our lifetime. For friends who have slipped into the passage of time. For marriages that are made stronger because of being committed to one another. We thank you most, for YOUR LOVE never fails us. Help us to reciprocate YOUR LOVE for us, to others. Teach us what it means to have meaningful relationships. And to take time, to build relationships.

FATHER, remove all the clutter of daily life, that we can make time, to study YOUR WORD, and spend time in YOUR PRESENCE. We need to work diligently on building our relationship with YOU. Remove the stoney heart, the walls of defense we often build around ourselves. Let us work through raw emotions, and become stronger and better for it. We can only do this, with YOUR HELP. Help us make lasting relationships that are edifying to YOU.

Remind us daily of the many blessings YOU give to us. Our spouse, our friends being counted among those blessings! Help us to forge lifelong relationships.And make us better friends, better spouses and better Christians.

In JESUS NAME, AMEN.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down