The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

My personal journey in being a Christian

Go down

My personal journey in being a Christian Empty My personal journey in being a Christian

An Introduction to my blog:

Some think that when you become a Christian, all your problems magically disappear.  This simply is untrue. Becoming a Christian, entails understanding that I have sin in my life, and want to be forgiven.  And, understanding that I can not do anything in and of myself, to gain forgiveness.  I must rely upon the forgiveness that comes through the Blood Shed by JESUS.  Only through GOD’S only Son, can I obtain forgiveness.  The BIBLE tells us that JESUS is the WAY, the TRUTH and the LIFE.(See John 14:6)  The BIBLE also tells us that we are all sinners.(Romans 3:23, Romans 5:12-13)  That forgiveness of sin is a FREE GIFT, ( Romans 5: 15-17) and that this gift is for ETERNAL LIFE through JESUS.
    (Romans 5:18-21)  So, we are  SAVED by GRACE, and not by any works of our own. (Ephesians 2:8-9)

And so, once I made the decision to follow JESUS, and accept HIS FREE GIFT of ETERNAL LIFE, I began the Journey of being a Christian.  HIS GIFT covers all my sins; past, present and future.  I can rest assured that I am covered in the BLOOD of JESUS. (1 John 1:7)

So, what does this mean?  Do I still sin?  The answer is yes, I am still a sinner, but my sins have been forgiven. (Romans 3:7)  Will I still suffer with problems?  Yes.  Why?  Because we all have to still live in this world, and troubles come in many forms.  JESUS said that we will endure hardships for HIS SAKE. (Matthew 10:22)

It is my hope to begin to share the Journey of a LIFETIME, as a Christian.  For I know what I am, and who has SAVED me, from final death.  I am a sinner, SAVED by the CROSS upon which, JESUS, gave HIMSELF as the ULTIMATE SACRIFICE, for me…and for you.  A death so ugly and cruel; which HE willingly gave HIS own life, to save the world of sinners.  HE not only gave HIS LIFE, HE CONQUERED the GRAVE and is SEATED at the RIGHT HAND of the FATHER.  My HOPE is in HIM.  My life is no longer my own, but a life given completely over to HIM.  I no longer have to be lonely, because not only did CHRIST JESUS die and  RESSURECT HIMSELF, HE gave me a COMFORTER, known as the HOLY SPIRIT, to dwell within me.  This  HOLY SPIRIT, guides and directs me, and even prays for me, when I don’t know how to pray for myself.  I have PEACE of MIND, and JOY UNSPEAKABLE and am FULL of HIS GLORY!

People often ask, how does one know that they are SAVED.  There is a change that takes place, within the heart and mind of those who have experienced, SALVATION through CHRIST JESUS.  A change that begins inwardly, and expands to every action that we make.  We begin  to search out the HOLY SCRIPTURES, known as the HOLY BIBLE.  We want to fellowship with other Christians, who are like minded.  We want to tell the world about this relationship, with the MOST HIGH GOD!  We begin a journey in which we FOLLOW in the FOOTSTEPS of JESUS.  A journey, that reflects upon who we are in CHRIST JESUS.  The old self (flesh) begins to die, as we begin a life of service in JESUS NAME.

No other religion, can offer what JESUS offers us.  HE is the only ONE, who has died for all mankind, resurrected from the dead, and ascended into HEAVEN.  HIS WORD is TRUTH. HE is TRUTH, LIGHT and LIFE.  No other religion gives us the freedom to express what our LORD and SAVIOR can do, is doing and will do.

(Please stop by often)
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Share this post on: reddit