The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

FAITH, LOVE, GRACE and MERCY in the death of (Meredith A. Fox)

Go down

FAITH, LOVE, GRACE and MERCY in the death of (Meredith A. Fox) Empty FAITH, LOVE, GRACE and MERCY in the death of (Meredith A. Fox)

Post by Susan Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:12 am

Subject: From Meredith's uncle

What an incredible family!

Meredith A. Fox, my 14 year old niece, daughter of my only brother, Roy Fox, MD of Memphis , TN was killed instantly in a three car accident on Tuesday September 15th while riding home from school as a front seat passenger in an Izuzu Trooper. Winston Miller, a 17 year old friend and fellow student at Evangelican Christian School in Cordova , TN was driving the car and received only minor injuries. Another girl, Rachael Hyneman, was riding in the back seat and sustained bilateral femur fractures and fracture of one of her vertebra in the lower back. I don't think she sustained any spinal cord injury but I am not completely sure. She is currently listed in critical condition at the MED. The people in the other cars received only minor injuries.

Even though we all miss Meredith terribly and have been forever changed by this terrible tragedy, I have been able to experience God's healing power and the comfort that comes with knowing that your lost loved one is in heaven with Jesus. Meredith was well grounded in her faith and had been saved at an early age. Incrediblly, as Connie was going through some of Meredith's personal effects she found a note that Meredith had written in her bible only a few weeks ago. It read, "Dear God, thank you for making me. I love you soooo much!!!! What an inspiring testimony to her faith.

Another testimony to how well loved and popular Meredith was is evidenced by the fact that a special facebook memorial page was set up by one of her friends. Within 24 hours over 3000 people had joined the group, by 36 hours 6000.

I was also able to witness another demonstration of love and forgiveness by my brother and his wife Terri yesterday. The boy that was driving the car and his parents came to the house yesterday to offer their condolences regarding Meredith's death. As one can imagine this young man is having a difficult time dealing with the guilt associated with being responsible for the accident and Meredith's death. What he received from Roy and Terri was words of encouragement and hope. Terri told him that his life was spared for a reason and that she had no feelings of ill will for him whatsoever. Terri expressed to him in no uncertain terms that she did not want him to be paralyzed by guilt because God had a purpose for his life. She expected him to go on with his life to fulfill God's purpose so that God would be glorified..

Unfortunately, this accident is making headlines in Memphis and is all over the television news. The main focus of the news is the fact that the driver of the car, Winston Miller, was driving on a restricted license, which only allows him to carry one passenger in the car under the age of 21, unless the passenger is a sibling. All 16 year old drivers must drive with this restriction for one year in Tennessee . A common misconception amongst these teenagers is that the license automatically converts to unrestricted after one year of driving, but apparently this is not the case. One must go to the licensing station to have the license updated. Winston is almost 18 and has been eligible to have his license changed to unrestricted, but had not gone to the DMV to wait in line for hours to have this done. This is a good kid who is being vilified in the press because of a technicality. He and his family need our prayers.

Please feel free to forward this to anyone you feel is appropriate.

Creed Fox, MD

PERSONAL NOTE: I never met this little girl, or any of her family, but WOW! What a TESTIMONY of FAITH, LOVE, GRACE and MERCY. It's nice to know, that Meredith loved the LORD, and so does her family. I will be praying for everyone, that was affected by this young life, and especially for Winston Miller and his family. I'm also praying for COMPLETE HEALING for Rachael Hyneman. One thing I have learned over the years, that the LORD can USE any SITUATION, for HIS GLORY.

May the LORD GIVE PEACE, that SURPASSES ALL UNDERSTANDING. May those that read this TESTIMONY and WITNESS, come to know the LORD JESUS, as their personal SAVIOR, today. May all Christians around the world, see the BEAUTY of the CROSS, and FOLLOWING JESUS, in this tragic turning of events. And may all that knew and loved Meredith, keep her LIGHT of CHRIST, shining, before others.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down