The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Book of Joel?

Go down

Book of Joel? Empty Book of Joel?

Post by GuestHLA Tue May 06, 2008 11:23 pm

The Lord recently gave me a word through a dream. This dream was a personal word for me and can be found in Joel 2:25-26. While I was reading these two verses I went back and read over all of the book of Joel. Now I know that the Lord will speak to us individually but I also know when the Lord speaks He also has a word for the church.

Please read over all of the book of Joel and pray about what is written in there.

Here is the dream the Lord gave to me and the scriptures follow:

Dream 05-04-08
    I was at my grandmothers picking oranges off of one of her trees and putting them in a bag to give to someone. As I was picking these oranges off the tree I was breaking/taking off the dead branches from the tree. I went to the next tree in her yard but it had no oranges on it yet but it was completely full of blossoms. I went to pick what I thought was an orange and instead it was what looked like paper toweling coming unwrapped around bees/wasp. I believe that what looked like paper toweling was in fact the bees/wasp nest. I moved my hand away and did not get stung. There was someone that was there in the yard with me. Then I woke up.

Malachi 3:11 And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts.
    Joel 2:25 And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpiller, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you.
    Joel 2:26 And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.

Last edited by His Love Abides on Wed May 07, 2008 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total

GuestHLA

Back to top Go down

Book of Joel? Empty Re: Book of Joel?

Post by Susan Wed May 07, 2008 10:34 am

The paper wrapping reminds me of a hornets' nest. I remember my grandmother was stung by about 100 hornets and lived to tell about it.

Here is a picture and description of a hornets' nest that I found online:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/peggycollins/1690667858/

I'll be praying about the interpretation that you have been given and I will read through the Book of Joel.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GuestHLA Wed May 07, 2008 11:34 am

Thank you Susan for praying about this and for the link. I have seen a hornets nest before. When I began to search in the word for hornets I was led to wasp and also bees and locust. I have brought this dream to the Lord again. I do believe there is more to this dream than just this. Please help me continuing praying for complete understanding. Here are some more scriptures to pray about.

Joshua 24:12 And I sent the hornet before you, which drave them out from before you, even the two kings of the Amorites; but not with thy sword, nor with thy bow.
    Exodus 23:28 "I will send hornets ahead of you so that they will drive out the Hivites, the Canaanites, and the Hittites before you.

The Adam Clarke Commentary
    Exodus
    Chapter 23
    Verse 28. I will send hornets before thee
    hatstsirah. The root is not found in Hebrew, but it may be the same with the Arabic [Arabic] saraa, to lay prostrate, to strike down; the hornet, probably so called from the destruction occasioned by the violence of its sting. The hornet, in natural history, belongs to the species crabro, of the genus vespa or wasp; it is a most voracious insect, and is exceedingly strong for its size, which is generally an inch in length, though I have seen some an inch and a half long, and so strong that, having caught one in a small pair of forceps, it repeatedly escaped by using violent contortions, so that at last I was obliged to abandon all hopes of securing it alive, which I wished to have done. How distressing and destructive a multitude of these might be, any person may conjecture; even the bees of one hive would be sufficient to sting a thousand men to madness, but how much worse must wasps and hornets be! No armour, no weapons, could avail against these. A few thousands of them would be quite sufficient to throw the best disciplined army into confusion and rout. From Joshua 24:12, we find that two kings of the Amorites were actually driven out of the land by these hornets, so that the Israelites were not obliged to use either sword or bow in the conquest.

Deuteronomy 7:20 "Moreover, the LORD your God will send the hornet against them, until those who are left and hide themselves from you perish.
    Psalm 44:3 For by their own sword they did not possess the land, And their own arm did not save them, But Your right hand and Your arm and the light of Your presence, For You favored them.

This dream does speak of a promise from God and our obedience to God.

GuestHLA

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Wed May 07, 2008 12:03 pm

I believe your dream also speaks about fruitful and unfruitful trees. It may be about ministry teachings. I am thinking along the lines of one that is pruning the vineyard.

Leviticus 25:3 Six years thou shalt sow thy field, and six years thou shalt prune thy vineyard, and gather in the fruit thereof; 4 But in the seventh year shall be a sabbath of rest unto the land, a sabbath for the LORD: thou shalt neither sow thy field, nor prune thy vineyard. 5 That which groweth of its own accord of thy harvest thou shalt not reap, neither gather the grapes of thy vine undressed: for it is a year of rest unto the land.

Luke 13:6 He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none. 7 Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground? 8 And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it: 9 And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.

I'm continuing to pray about your dream and the interpretation.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuestHLA Thu May 08, 2008 12:53 am

Thank you Susan for your help with this. The scriptures from Joel are for me personally but after much prayer and seeking God in His word I do believe this is the full meaning to the following dream.

Dream 05-04-08
    I was at my grandmothers picking oranges off of one of her trees and putting them in a bag to give to someone. As I was picking these oranges off the tree I was breaking/taking off the dead branches from the tree. I went to the next tree in her yard but it had no oranges on it yet but it was completely full of blossoms. I went to pick what I thought was an orange and instead it was what looked like paper toweling coming unwrapped around bees/wasp. I believe that what looked like paper toweling was in fact the bees/wasp nest. I moved my hand away and did not get stung. There was someone that was there in the yard with me. Then I woke up.

First the symbolism:
    Grandmothers backyard: spiritual inheritance
    Orange tree with fruit: born again believers that are mature in the spirit
    Picking the fruit: use of the fruits of the spirit
    Tree full of blossoms: Gods glory
    Hornets nest: God's power going before us to conquer and triumph.

These scriptures describe the symbolism of the hornets.
    Joshua 24:12 And I sent the hornet before you, which drave them out from before you, even the two kings of the Amorites; but not with thy sword, nor with thy bow.
    Exodus 23:28 "I will send hornets ahead of you so that they will drive out the Hivites, the Canaanites, and the Hittites before you.
    Deuteronomy 7:20 "Moreover, the LORD your God will send the hornet against them, until those who are left and hide themselves from you perish.
    Psalm 44:3 For by their own sword they did not possess the land, And their own arm did not save them, But Your right hand and Your arm and the light of Your presence, For You favored them.

This sums up the dream:
    Psalm 44:1 To the chief Musician for the sons of Korah, Maschil. We have heard with our ears, O God, our fathers have told us, [what] work thou didst in their days, in the times of old.
    Psalm 44:2 [How] thou didst drive out the heathen with thy hand, and plantedst them; [how] thou didst afflict the people, and cast them out.
    Psalm 44:3 For they got not the land in possession by their own sword, neither did their own arm save them: but thy right hand, and thine arm, and the light of thy countenance, because thou hadst a favour unto them.
    Psalm 44:4 Thou art my King, O God: command deliverances for Jacob.
    Psalm 44:5 Through thee will we push down our enemies: through thy name will we tread them under that rise up against us.
    Psalm 44:6 For I will not trust in my bow, neither shall my sword save me.
    Psalm 44:7 But thou hast saved us from our enemies, and hast put them to shame that hated us.
    Psalm 44:8 In God we boast all the day long, and praise thy name for ever. Selah.

GuestHLA

Back to top Go down

Post by GuestHLA Thu May 08, 2008 12:53 am

More scripture:

Deuteronomy 4:37 "Because He loved your fathers, therefore He chose their descendants after them. And He personally brought you from Egypt by His great power,
    Deuteronomy 7:7 "The LORD did not set His love on you nor choose you because you were more in number than any of the peoples, for you were the fewest of all peoples,
    Deuteronomy 7:8 but because the LORD loved you and kept the oath which He swore to your forefathers, the LORD brought you out by a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.
    Deuteronomy 8:17 "Otherwise, you may say in your heart, 'My power and the strength of my hand made me this wealth.'
    Deuteronomy 8:18 "But you shall remember the LORD your God, for it is He who is giving you power to make wealth, that He may confirm His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day.
    Deuteronomy 10:15 "Yet on your fathers did the LORD set His affection to love them, and He chose their descendants after them, even you above all peoples, as it is this day.
    Joshua 24:12 Then I sent the hornet before you and it drove out the two kings of the Amorites from before you, but not by your sword or your bow.
    Psalm 4:6 Many are saying, "Who will show us any good?" Lift up the light of Your countenance upon us, O LORD!
    Psalm 77:15 You have by Your power redeemed Your people, The sons of Jacob and Joseph. Selah.
    Psalm 89:15 How blessed are the people who know the joyful sound! O LORD, they walk in the light of Your countenance.
    Psalm 106:4 Remember me, O LORD, in Your favor toward Your people; Visit me with Your salvation,

GuestHLA

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Thu May 08, 2008 10:23 am

cheers Praise the LORD! cheers
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:43 pm

I didnt take the time to read all of these posts, but I had a thought as I was reading the part about the point where you where picking what you thought was an orange, and get was picking something else. FRom a tree that wasnt bairing fruit!

I was thinking that this was a trick, one being fooled that there was deep groth, where there wasnt. Not to say there will not be, but we well not to be careful how deep we are with others, seeing as a hidden fruit might be a big bag of stingers in the end. I am reminded of one I know close that have fool some, as in the groth they claim to have, and yet do not...they are a baby still growing but not yet ready to bair their fruit in their set time.

Reminds me of the part of the word that states that...you are yet on milk when you should be eatting meat! This doesnt cover those that dont bair, ever, but those that arent growing as they should!

Hugs!

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:38 pm

AMEN. LadyofVictory, I believe you are correct in this WORD. We need to pray that we are picking the FRUIT (HARVEST) that the LORD intends, and pray for those that are only picking the strings..as you said, so well!!!
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down