The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Family

Go down

Family Empty Family

Post by Susan Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:06 pm

Family

Deuteronomy 6:6-7 (KJV)

And these words, which I command thee this day, shall be in thine heart: And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

Family is very important in GOD's eyes. Yet, satan, has practically destroyed the family unit in our day and age. Last night, I dreamed of my cousins, which I have not seen in years. Although, I have a few that stay in touch. Most have moved on to live individual lives. In saddness, I admit, my own sibblings tend to push me to the back burner. And then there is children, who refuse to visit with their parents. Life gets too busy for the old folks! But, this was not as GOD planned! Family is our core stength in all relationships.

1 Corinthians 1:10

Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Proverbs 6:20

My son, keep thy father's commandment,
    and forsake not the law of thy mother.

1 John 4:20

If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

How do we restore the family unit, in this day and age?

We continue to walk with the LORD, and read HIS WORD. We continue to love our family and pray for them. We continue to be the support, that GOD called us to be. We ask others to pray for our family members who have distanced themselves.

GOD promises that our children will return to the ways of their upbringing.

Proberbs 22:6

Train up a child in the way he should go:
    and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

As parents, we are to love our children, not ridicule them.

Ephesians 6:4

And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

May the LORD of love, grace and mercy, guide our families to live in unity and HIS LOVE.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down