The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

A place called Hell

2 posters

Go down

A place called Hell Empty A place called Hell

Post by Susan Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:37 pm

If we believe heaven is real, then we should believe that Hell is real also. As I opened my Bible this morning, I opened it to the Book of Isaiah. A very descriptive passage caught my eyes. My heart immediately saw the burning gates of hell.

Isaiah 1:28-31 And the destruction of transgressors and of the sinners shall be together, and they that forsake the LORD shall be consumed. For they shall be ashamed of the oaks which have desired, and ye shall be confounded for the gardens ye have chosen. For ye shall be as an oak whose leaf fadeth, and as a garden that hath no water. And the strong shall be as a tow, and the maker of it as a spark, and they shall both burn together, and none shall quench them.

The comparison with the oak tree, is showing us how big sins can get. Our desires feed on sin. The gardens are our desires. We can choose to leave sin alone or we can blindly continue in sin, thinking it doesn't really matter. Isaiah goes on to describe our conditions in sin as being thirsty, yet unable to refresh ourselves with water. In verse 31, we are caught up in a strong tow. Have you ever watched a tow truck get ready to haul off a car? It is strapped down, and dragged onto a platform, on a bed of a truck. It is chained with heavy chains, to keep it in place.

The WORD goes on to say the maker of it is a spark, that starts the fire. That is a description of us in sin. And in closing, it burns but is not quenched. An eternal fire!

Isaiah 57:5 says, "enflaming yourselves with idols," and, "slaying children."

Isaiah 5:14 Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: And their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.

So we have a picture of hell swallowing up those who have rebelled against GOD.

Some other descriptions of hell can be found in the following scriptures:

Job 10:19-22, Job 33:24, Psalms 33:24, Isaiah 28:18, Isaiah 30:33, Ezekiel 32:19, Matthew 7:13, Matthew 13:37-50, 2 Thessalonians 1:9, Revelations 19:19-21 and Revelations 20:7-15..

Another description is called Sheol. Can be found in scriptures also.

Job 14:14 and Job 26:6

Without repenting of our sins, we will suffer the torments of our own making in a place called hell. But if we repent and turn to the MESSIAH, who is JESUS, our sins are covered. We will have an eternal home built by JESUS, in heaven. The BIBLE is clear on both destinations after our physical body dies.

Please think about your lifestyle. Do you live not caring that your actions will catch up with you? Do you know your final destination is also being made each and everyday, you live? Are you purposely living for GOD or against HIM?

It was a sermon given on hell, that saved me from my sinful self. I called on JESUS to save me. Will you trust JESUS, to save you?

FATHER, we pray that people will turn to JESUS, and be free of sin and eternal hell. That they will choose eternal life and heaven, today. In JESUS NAME, AMEN.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

A place called Hell Empty Re: A place called Hell

Post by clark thompson Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:59 am

Many people do not realize if hell were not real than Jesus would not have died to prevent us from going there.

clark thompson
    Members

Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2014-07-10

Back to top Go down

A place called Hell Empty Re: A place called Hell

Post by Susan Fri May 01, 2015 9:45 am

That is the truth. Smile
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774