The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

The Pig and the Snake- an old reoccuring dream

Go down

The Pig and the Snake- an old reoccuring dream Empty The Pig and the Snake- an old reoccuring dream

Post by Susan Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:48 am

This is a dream that has stuck in my mind, it is a dream I posted on another site some time ago, and I had this dream repeatedly, and it never changed, for several years.

I am walking down a boardwalk with a friend and talking and laughing. We are in front of big plate glass window's, as I can see our reflection. I look down and see a little white piglet and pick it up and am carrying it. The I see a snake with 2 heads and two tails. So I set the pig down and pick up the snake. When I pick it up the piglet bites me. I look daown expecting blood...but the snake is dead.

My friend tells me I should have left the snake alone and kept the pig. When I go to lay the snake back down...it comes back to life!

The snake was white also. Any ideas...I have often wondered about the relationship of the devil in this dream! It just seems to have an errie undertone to it and I have asked many and noone has been able to tell me what it means.

Last edited by Susan on Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Pig and the Snake- an old reoccuring dream Empty Re: The Pig and the Snake- an old reoccuring dream

Post by Susan Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:49 am

The interpretation that was given:

Walking: Moving through life, living in the spirit, living in sin
    Window: seeing truth, understanding
    Boardwalk: Changes
    Friends: personality aspects and traits of yourself both in strengths and weaknesses
    Talking: soon be made aware of small troubles in everyday life
    Laughing: lighten up, let go of problems, rejoicing, walking with God
    Looking in the window and see reflection: you are doing some soul searching and reflecting
    Looking down: wrong decision made
    White: awareness, purity that dispells the darkness
    Pig: symbolizes dirtiness, greediness, or selfishness, overindulgence
    Snake: Callous, ruthless, can't be trusted
    Two: Diversity, partnership, discernment
    Heads: belief system, leader
    Tail: end of something, dangerous, through carelessness you may bring about disaster to yourself
    Being biten: vulnerability regarding your unresolved issues, pestered by a problem
    Dead: end of something
    White snake came back to life: purely evil
    It seems that you made some decision concerning something in your life, possibly connected to business that you are now reflecting on if the decision you made was the right one. You are starting to think the choice you made was wrong. However the other choice that was offered to you wasn't right either. Possibly the Lord spoke to you concerning this decision when you made it but you did not follow HIS advise. The troubles that have occured from this decision are either now or will in the future cause you trouble. You seem to be very bothered by this whole issue. Just bring this to the LORD. HE knows your heart and HE can turn things to good that the devil meant for evil. Trust HIM.

Ephesians 6:10-20
    The Whole Armor of God
    10 A final word: Be strong with the Lord's mighty power. 11 Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies and tricks of the Devil. 12 For we are not fighting against people made of flesh and blood, but against the evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against those mighty powers of darkness who rule this world, and against wicked spirits in the heavenly realms.
    13 Use every piece of God's armor to resist the enemy in the time of evil, so that after the battle you will still be standing firm. 14 Stand your ground, putting on the sturdy belt of truth and the body armor of God's righteousness. 15 For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News, so that you will be fully prepared.* 16 In every battle you will need faith as your shield to stop the fiery arrows aimed at you by Satan.* 17 Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 Pray at all times and on every occasion in the power of the Holy Spirit. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all Christians everywhere.
    19 And pray for me, too. Ask God to give me the right words as I boldly explain God's secret plan that the Good News is for the Gentiles, too.* 20 I am in chains now for preaching this message as God's ambassador. But pray that I will keep on speaking boldly for him, as I should.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

The Pig and the Snake- an old reoccuring dream Empty Re: The Pig and the Snake- an old reoccuring dream

Post by Susan Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:53 am

This was also given to me as part of the interpretation. The website is a study on Acts 17:11:

http://acts17-11.com/repent.html

My thoughts:

The Pig stood for evil. The snake having two heads meant being pulled to do right or wrong. The snake being dead then alive, is representative of Christ Crucifiction and Resurection.

The White color of both animals. One being disguised as good but was not. The other was good.

The above website really filled me in on the ultimate meaning of the dream. I believe the dream is being revealed at this time for a purpose.

Look up, for your Maker draweth close.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum