The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Positions in the church

Go down

Positions in the church Empty Positions in the church

Post by Susan Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:35 am

Office of Bishop

Just a NOTE: Not all churches have the Office of Bishop.

According to Strong's Lexicon, A bishop is 1) investigation, inspection, visitation

a) that act by which God looks into and searches out the ways, deeds character, of men, in order to adjudge them their lot accordingly, whether joyous or sad

b) oversight

1) overseership, office, charge, the office of an elder

2) the overseer or presiding officers of a Christian church

1) an overseer

a) a man charged with the duty of seeing that things to be done by others are done rightly, any curator, guardian or superintendent

b) the superintendent, elder, or overseer of a Christian church

According to Merriam-Webster Dictionary:

Definition of BISHOP
    1: one having spiritual or ecclesiastical supervision: as a : an Anglican, Eastern Orthodox, or Roman Catholic clergyman ranking above a priest, having authority to ordain and confirm, and typically governing a diocese b : any of various Protestant clerical officials who superintend other clergy c : a Mormon high priest presiding over a ward or over all other bishops and over the Aaronic priesthood

1 Timothy says:

1 Timothy 3:1 This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. 2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; 3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous; 4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity; 5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?) 6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil. 7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

Titus goes on to say:

Titus 1:7 For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre; 8 But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate; 9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers. 10 For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision: 11 Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake. 12 One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies. 13 This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith; 14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth. 15 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled. 16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Positions in the church Empty Re: Positions in the church

Post by Susan Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:41 am

Office of Pastors

The LORD gives us:

Jeremiah 3:15 And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.

But HE also warns us:

Jeremiah 2:8 The priests said not, Where is the LORD? and they that handle the law knew me not: the pastors also transgressed against me, and the prophets prophesied by Baal, and walked after things that do not profit.

Jeremiah 10:21 For the pastors are become brutish, and have not sought the LORD: therefore they shall not prosper, and all their flocks shall be scattered.

Jeremiah 12:10 Many pastors have destroyed my vineyard, they have trodden my portion under foot, they have made my pleasant portion a desolate wilderness.

Jeremiah 17:16 As for me, I have not hastened from being a pastor to follow thee: neither have I desired the woeful day; thou knowest: that which came out of my lips was right before thee.

Jeremiah 22:22 The wind shall eat up all thy pastors, and thy lovers shall go into captivity: surely then shalt thou be ashamed and confounded for all thy wickedness.

Jeremiah 23:1 Woe be unto the pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith the LORD. 2 Therefore thus saith the LORD God of Israel against the pastors that feed my people; Ye have scattered my flock, and driven them away, and have not visited them: behold, I will visit upon you the evil of your doings, saith the LORD.

Strong's Lexicon for Pastor:

) to pasture, tend, graze, feed

a) (Qal)

1) to tend, pasture

a) to shepherd

b) of ruler, teacher (fig)

c) of people as flock (fig)

d) shepherd, herdsman (subst)

2) to feed, graze

a) of cows, sheep etc (literal)

b) of idolater, Israel as flock (fig)

b) (Hiphil) shepherd, shepherdess

2) to associate with, be a friend of (meaning probable)

a) (Qal) to associate with

b) (Hithpael) to be companions

3) (Piel) to be a special friend

Merriam-Webster Dictionary's definition:

: a spiritual overseer; especially : a clergyman serving a local church or parish
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:43 am

Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: 16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

I will stop here for now, and continue on with this BIBLE Study, as time allows.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:07 pm

Bishop and Deacons:

Philippians 1:1 Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons: 2 Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

In the next scripture, Bisphop is mentioned first, then Deacons! Look at the discription of office on both of them...it is the same.
    http://www.omegaletter.com/bible/bible.asp?B=54&C=3#1

Pastors and teachers. Notice that Prophets, Evangelists are mentioned before pastors and teachers. ALL are to do the work of the minsitry, for the EDIFYING of the Body of CHRIST...and none of them, are above the others.

Ephesians 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: 16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

There is only ONE TRUE BISHOP accrording to scriptures:

1 Peter 2:25 For ye were as sheep going astray; but are now returned unto the Shepherd and Bishop of your souls.

Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:11 pm

A pastor friend of mine gave me this advice, and I am passing it on to you. This is regarding if a pastor is out of order.

Elders or an official Deacon Board

Have the authority to call a meeting with the Pastor and make it clear to him that his job is to preach the Word of God - not politics, agendas, personal items, etc. Preach the Word!!! That is what the pulpit is for; it is not for anything else.

If he refuses to preach the Word of God - rightly interpreted and applied - that is a VERY legitmate charge to have him removed from office for."
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down