The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Dream last night~ Old friends and Shrinking grandmother

Go down

Dream last night~ Old friends and Shrinking grandmother Empty Dream last night~ Old friends and Shrinking grandmother

Post by Susan Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:28 pm

I dreamed that I was at a friends home. I had not seen this friend in many, many years, but remember that they were a close knit Christian family. The house was a newer house than the one that they had grown up in. I remember the father, was showing me the front door, that had been replaced, becuase a car had plowed into it. He said that he had been able to fix the doorway, and install the new door, without much problem. My friends mother, looked much younger than I remembered her. Then there were the sibblings. I remember all girls in this family. The younger girl had a boyfriend, and I remember the mom and dad, didn't care much for him. He wanted the girl to dress, in a rather provacative manner. The younger sibbling, brought me a picture of her, and as I was looking at the picture, I told her that how she was dressing, wasn't appropriate. She was a little taken back, that I said this to her. My friend entered the family room, where we were, and asked what was wrong. I again stated that the picture her sister, had shown me was a little too provacative. The boyfriend showed up, and was told, by the father, to leave. The younger sibbling, began changing her clothes into something a little less revealing.

The dream changes.

I am standing over my grandmother's bed. (This is the grandmother, on my mom's side of the family. As far back as I remember she was in a hospital bed, because she had broke both hips.) My mom, aunt and uncle, were all in the room with me, We were waiting on the dr. to come. While waiting I took out a measuring tape. I noticed that my grandmother, didn't seem as tall as she once was. ( I don't remember how tall she actually was.) I looked at the measuring tape, and stated that she was a little over 3 feet tall, but under four feet tall..somewhere in the middle. My mom, and her sibblings came to look at the tape, because non of them beileved that I measured my grandmother correctly. Each one remeasured my grandmother, and each time she had shrunk an inch or two. Finally, the dr arrives, and looks at my grandmother. The dream ends.

(I am adding in a thought. Today, would have been my grandmother's birthday.)
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dream last night~ Old friends and Shrinking grandmother Empty Re: Dream last night~ Old friends and Shrinking grandmother

Post by Susan Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:31 am

I have asked HLA to pray about the INTERPRETATION of this dream, and she has forwarded the following INTERPRETATION after much prayer.

Thank you HLA, for your dedication to INTERPRETATION of Dreams, given in prayer and according to the WORD! I love you

The INTERPRETATION:

Your dream is a teaching from the Holy Spirit for those in the ministry.

You wrote:
    I dreamed that I was at a friends home. I had not seen this friend in many, many years, but remember that they were a close knit Christian family. The house was a newer house than the one that they had grown up in.. I remember the father, was showing me the front door, that had been replaced, because a car had plowed into it. He said that he had been able to fix the doorway, and install the new door, without much problem. My friends mother, looked much younger than I remembered her. Then there were the siblings. I remember all girls in this family.. The younger girl had a boyfriend, and I remember the mom and dad, didn't care much for him. He wanted the girl to dress, in a rather provocative manner. The younger sibling, brought me a picture of her, and as I was looking at the picture, I told her that how she was dressing, wasn't appropriate. She was a little taken back, that I said this to her. My friend entered the family room, where we were, and asked what was wrong. I again stated that the picture her sister, had shown me was a little too provocative. The boyfriend showed up, and was told, by the father, to leave. The younger sibling, began changing her clothes into something a little less revealing.

# Interpretation: The first part of your dream speaks of strife and contention that can arise within a ministry or church when we start to measure each other by each other.

You wrote:
    The dream changes.

I am standing over my grandmother's bed. (This is the grandmother, on my mom's side of the family. As far back as I remember she was in a hospital bed, because she had broke both hips.) My mom, aunt and uncle, were all in the room with me, We were waiting on the dr. to come. While waiting I took out a measuring tape. I noticed that my grandmother, didn't seem as tall as she once was. ( I don't remember how tall she actually was.) I looked at the measuring tape, and stated that she was a little over 3 feet tall, but under four feet tall..somewhere in the middle. My mom, and her siblings came to look at the tape, because non of them believed that I measured my grandmother correctly. Each one remeasured my grandmother, and each time she had shrunk an inch or two. Finally, the dr arrives, and looks at my grandmother. The dream ends.

# Interpretation: The second part of your dream speaks of balance. The Holy Spirit used your grandmother as symbolism to show this to you. You said this was a grandmother that as far back as you can remember was in the hospital because she had broke both hips. Strong healthy hips give our bodies balance. When our bodies are out of balance we can not stand correctly or walk correctly. All our movement is hindered by our being out of balance. Note that your grandmother was in the hospital. In the physical we go to the hospital to see the doctor to have whatever is wrong with our physical body fixed. But in the spiritual, we go directly to Jesus. Jesus is our healer physically and spiritually. In your dream you say that your grandmother has shrunk each time she is measured. This speaks of feelings of failure that we see in ourselves and in others.

Teaching:

2 Corintinans 10:12-16
    For we dare not make ourselves of the number, or compare ourselves with some that commend themselves: but they measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise. But we will not boast of things without our measure, but according to the measure of the rule which God hath distributed to us, a measure to reach even unto you. For we stretch not ourselves beyond our measure, as though we reached not unto you: for we are come as far as to you also in preaching the gospel of Christ: Not boasting of things without our measure, that is, of other men's labours; but having hope, when your faith is increased, that we shall be enlarged by you according to our rule abundantly, To preach the gospel in the regions beyond you, and not to boast in another man's line of things made ready to our hand.
    Wrong and right measures of ministry.

1. (12) The wrong measure of ministry.

For we dare not class ourselves or compare ourselves with those who commend themselves. But they, measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves, are not wise.

A. We dare not class ourselves or compare ourselves with those who commend themselves: Whoever Paul’s opponents and critics were among the Corinthian Christians, they certainly thought highly of themselves. Paul will not class or compare himself with these carnal, worldly people at all.

1. There are many that are ready to commend themselves; most do not do it publicly, but do it privately in their own minds. “They are also full of pride and self-conceit; the look within themselves for accomplishments which their self-love will soon find out; for to it real and fictitious are the same.” (Clarke)

2. “Oh, pray to be preserved from this perilous pinnacle of self-exaltation. Look into the perfect law of liberty, and draw nigh to God. The nearer we come to God, the more rottenness we find in our bones.” (Trapp)

B. Measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves: This explains why these carnal Corinthian critics of Paul could think so highly of themselves. In their worldly ways of thinking, they just measured themselves by themselves, and only compared themselves among themselves.

1. This means two things. First, it means making yourself the measure of others. Second, it means making others the measure of yourself.

2. This was wrong for at least two reasons. First, there did not seem to be a lot of really spiritual people among the Corinthian Christians to give a good comparison to! How much of a compliment could it have been to be the most spiritual person among the Corinthians? Secondly, it was wrong because it just measured on a human scale, focused on outward appearance. When we let the Holy Spirit measure us through God’s Word, He measures us on God’s scale, and He looks at the heart.

3. How this needs to be communicated to pastors and church leaders today! Stop measuring yourself by yourselves! Stop comparing yourselves among yourselves! We should not make ourselves the measure of others, feeling we are superior to them if, by outward appearance, we are more successful. And we should not make other our measure, feeling we are failures if, by outward appearance, they are more successful.

C. Are not wise: This is a simple analysis of the Corinthian approach of measuring themselves by themselves, and comparing themselves among themselves. It isn’t wise. It isn’t smart. It isn’t of God.

2. (13-16) The right measure of ministry.
    We, however, will not boast beyond measure, but within the limits of the sphere which God appointed us; a sphere which especially includes you. For we are not overextending ourselves (as though our authority did not extend to you), for it was to you that we came with the gospel of Christ; not boasting of things beyond measure, that is, in other men’s labors, but having hope, that as your faith is increased, we shall be greatly enlarged by you in our sphere, to preach the gospel in the regions beyond you, and not to boast in another man’s sphere of accomplishment.

A. Within the limits of the sphere which God appointed us: Paul’s authority in the church was not unlimited. God had granted him a sphere of authority, and that sphere included the Corinthian Christians, especially since he had founded that church (for it was to you that we came with the gospel of Christ).

1. The idea of the limits of the sphere may be the lanes that were allotted for runners in a race. The Corinthian Christians would recognize this because they loved races and held the famous Isthmian Games in Corinth. Paul is saying, “I’m running in my own lane and not in someone else’s.”

2. All godly authority has a sphere. It is important for the person in authority to not exercise that authority outside the sphere, and it is important for the person under authority to recognize the sphere of authority they are under.

B. As your faith is increased, we shall be greatly enlarged by you in our sphere: As the Corinthian Christians would grow in maturity and in outreach, their church would grow and plant many other churches. This would, by extension, enlarge Paul’s sphere of authority.

C. In other men’s labors . . . not to boast in another man’s sphere of accomplishment: Why is Paul stressing the point that he has not, and will not, take authority in another man’s sphere? Probably because that is exactly what his opponents among the Corinthian Christians were doing. They were trying to boast in Paul’s sphere of accomplishment.

1. Instead, Paul’s passion was to preach the gospel in the regions beyond. He was not interested in building on another man’s foundation, and trying to horn in on someone else’s sphere of authority.

2. “It is base, abominable, and deeply sinful, for a man to thrust himself into other men’s labours, and by sowing doubtful disputations among a Christian people, distract and divide them, than he may get a party to himself . . . This is an evil that has prevailed much in all ages of the Church; there is at present much of it in the Christian world, and Christianity is disgraced by it.” (Clarke)

The commentary on measuring a ministry:
    http://enduringword.com/commentaries/4710.htm

Teaching:

The Proper Balance

"Jesus said to her, 'Your brother shall rise again.' Martha said to Him, I know that he will rise again in the resurrection on the last day.' Jesus said to her, 'I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me shall live even if he dies." (John 11:23-25).

In order to have a successful life, there must be the balance that comes through our confidence in Jesus and His power; that He is "the resurrection and the life". This faith gives us the ability to maintain our balance. The tragedies we face are not crushing; they cause us sorrow but they are unable to destroy us. Paul said that the resurrection enables us to "not grieve, as do the rest who have no hope." (1 Thessalonians 4:13). He also spoke of being "afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not despairing; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed" (2 Corinthians 4:8,9).

Yes, the Lord brings balance to our lives, and this in turn gives us hope; which in turn gives us strength. There is a time for everything; good times and bad times. But there is never a time to give up. There is a time to "weep with those that weep, and rejoice with those that rejoice" but there is never a time not to live by faith. In fact, please note that obedience of the gospel of Christ is necessary for this balance to be achieved and maintained. Jesus said, "Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done...Blessed are those who wash their, that they may have the right to the tree of life, and may enter in by the gates of the city." (Revelation 22:12-14).

The Scriptures also state, "For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not burdensome. For whatever is born of God overcomes the world, and this is the victory that overcomes the world-our faith." (1 John 5:2,3).

Maintain your balance!

By Jon W. Quinn
    From Expository Files 7.3; March 2000

This is the website for the Proper Balance teaching:
    http://www.bible.ca/ef/expository-john-11-33-36.htm
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down