The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Branch that produces GOOD FRUIT

Go down

Branch that produces GOOD FRUIT Empty Branch that produces GOOD FRUIT

Post by Susan Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:22 pm

Last night, at our Prayer revival, we heard a message out of John 15. In the message, we learned why some people who pray, get answers and some seem to never be answered.

JESUS is the VINE and we are the branches. Branches have to be pruned, by our HEAVENLY FATHER, who is the HUSBANDMAN; in order to produce good fruit. HE, the FATHER, purges our branch, so that we can produce more fruit. Every so often, dead wood, is removed from the VINE.. Dead wood cannot produce good fruit. So, even though we may claim to be from the same VINE, we are known by the fruit we produce. There are conditions that we must abide by, in order to produce good fruit. (See the highlighted verses)

John 15:1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2 Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. 3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. 4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. 6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. 9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love. 10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love ;even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love. 11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full. 12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. 13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. 14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you. 15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. 16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you. 17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Branch that produces GOOD FRUIT Empty Re: Branch that produces GOOD FRUIT

Post by Susan Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:17 pm

In this topic, we see, that the branch is each one of us. JESUS is the VINE, and the FATHER, is the HUSBANDMAN, that takes care of pruning the brances. The LORD is expressly speaking about the type of FRUIT we produce. We will also begin to see, why we why this is an important understanding in our Prayer Life. The WORD says;

John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

Some things to think about concerning the passages from John 15:

How are we to respond to the LORD pruning our banches?

What happens when we ar pruned or purged of dead wood?

Who are we to abide in?

What happens when we are abiding in HIS WORD?

What is the FRUIT that we will have?

What is the commandment, of JESUS?
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down