The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Maybe it's the rain...

Go down

Maybe it's the rain... Empty Maybe it's the rain...

Post by Susan Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:15 pm

Maybe it's the rain. It is raining and turned rather cold. I am not sure though if the rain is affecting my mood today or I am just blah and sad. I feel loneliness and a bit of depression, seeping through the cracks of my very being. I ache to be with the LORD and REJOICING with the ANGELS, and all our loved ones. Yet, I see how devasted this world has become. I ache for broken friendships to be restored, but not on our terms, but on the LORD'S terms. I ache for my family and friends, to turn completely to the LORD, in this day and hour. There are so many of my family, either running from the LORD or just too busy to call on HIM. I long to have my family gathered close around me, but they seem to push further away. Today, I am sitting here wondering, why? Why do we get too busy, or run away or allow hurt feelings to get in the way; of serving our LORD and SAVIOR?

I need prayers and I need FELLOWSHIP, with my brothers and sisters in the LORD, today, especially. Normally, I would just shurk this feeling off, and get on with the day to day things, but today, somehow feels different.

I need to be prostrate before the LORD. I need more of HIM, today. Today, I plan on spending more time in the WORD, and in prayer. Today, I am praying for each of you, and your loved ones.

This is my heart's cry.

LORD, help us all. Be with us as we battle the daily chores, and face the challenges that this world brings. Give us YOUR STRENGTH, because today, I am too weak and fragile. LORD, you know our every need, and YOU ARE WITH US. Shower us with YOUR MERCY and GRACE. LIGHT the way, as today is seems so dark and dreary. RENEW us, with YOUR SPIRIT. Give us the means to uplift one another. Put YOUR WORDS in our mouths, so that we can only speak the things that YOU would have us to say. LORD send your ANGELS to minister to our needs. We need YOUR PROTECTION and YOUR GUIDANCE. Soften the hearts of our loved ones, so that they will HEAR YOUR VOICE calling them. LORD, as we take on YOUR YOKE, we are reminded that our burdens become lighter. Grant us PATIENCE and COMFORT us. Place a new desire in our hearts, to be closer to YOU, in whatever time is alloted to us. We PRAISE YOU, LORD, for all you have done, are doing and will do. We PRAISE YOU, that YOUR WORD, does not come back void, and that we can depend upon YOU, for all our needs. Thank you, FATHER, for loving sinners such as me. Thank you for sending JESUS, to take our place and give us MERCY and FORGIVENESS. We PRAISE YOU, always. In JESUS NAME, AMEN.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Maybe it's the rain... Empty Re: Maybe it's the rain...

Post by Susan Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:37 pm

The LORD is so very GOOD to us. Today while praying, I felt the LOVE of the LORD surrounding me. I opened my email, and saw that others were also praying for me, and that was BALM for my weary soul. One of my long time and good friends, (she was the babysitter of my girls) sent me an email. I know the type of Christian lady she is and her heart is always in the right place. She is a strong prayer warrior, too. Anyway, this is message she sent to me:

Concentrate on this Sentence

'To get something you never had, you have to do something you never did.' When God takes something from your grasp, He's not punishing you, but merely opening your hands to receive something better.

Concentrate on this sentence...

'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Now, that is an AWESOME WORD!
    cheers
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum