The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Books of Prophecy

Go down

Books of Prophecy Empty Books of Prophecy

Post by Susan Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:11 am

Old Testiment:

Book of the Minor Prophets:

Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi

Books of the Major Prophets:

Isaiah, Jeremiah, Lamentations, Ezekiel, Daniel

New Testiment:

Book of major Prophecy:

Revelation

Why is the Book of Revelation a Book of Prophecy?

Revelation 22:7 Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

Revelation 22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

Revelation 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

Are there other references within the Old Testiment and New Testiment, that are prophetic?

The answer is yes! Bible Prophecy is scattered through out all of the Books of the BIBLE.

Which Books are sealed, until the appointed time, when the meanings were to be revealed?

The Book of Daniel says:

Daniel 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Is there a Prophecy book that was expressed not to be sealed?

Yes, the Book of Revelation.

Revelation 22:10 And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

So, if the Book of Revelation is not sealed, why do so many people strggle with the meanings?

First, many people miss that the Book of Revelation is about JESUS, and HIS DIVINE RIGHTS to JUDGE us. In Revelation 1, we find that this book is the REVELATION of JESUS CHRIST. Also, in Chapter 22, we are reminded that this book is about the REVELATION of JESUS CHRIST. All the things that happen between the first chapter and the last chapters, show us things that are to come, in the future. Through John, a vision is given and we know this vision as we read it, in the Book of Revelation.

Do all the Prophetic Books, work together? Yes. All the Books of Prophecy work together, to give us an understanding of what is to come in the future. Many Bible Scholars study the Book of Daniel and the Book of Revelation together.

It is important to understand these prophecies are future representations. How do we know that they are future events? Look for wording such as: "In that day" or "the day of the LORD". There are many phrases that lead us to believe that the events were to be in the future.

Are BIBLE Prophecies now,coming to pass? Yes. Jesus told us in Matthew 24, things to look for before the end was near.

How should we read the prophecies?

Look at the events as they are happening now, does the events align with what is written in the Prophetic Books?. Many of the prophecies are easy to understand. Some are not so easy, and may have symbolism attached to them. Ask the LORD to reveal the meanings of all things that are considered BIBLICAL PROPHECY. Most importantly, don't get caught up in what other people may think or know. Study the WORD for yourself. Ask a Pastor, what he thinks the meanings are, and always consult the other PROPHETIC BOOKS, when you are not sure of a meaning. Most importantly, know that we may never know the full meanings of some of the prophetic books, but the LORD does know HIS OWN PLANS. Rest assured that the LORD KNOWS when and how all these events will happen. Trust in HIM, to show you the answers that you seek.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum