The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Apart from Me you can do nothing

2 posters

Go down

Apart from Me you can do nothing Empty Apart from Me you can do nothing

Post by Waqar Daniel Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:26 am

I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.? (John 15:5])
    During hardships and trials, we come to know, how dependent we are on God and His mecry, kindness and love. According to John 15:5 if we allow the roots of our faith to sink deeper into God, He enables us to stand firm through anything. "I can do things through Christ who strengthens me" (Phillipians 4:13)

Enemy cannot intimidate us because we have unshakable faith in God the Father through our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Once we start trusting in God, we as believers remain calm through any trying situation.

Through our Lord and Savior, we have complete access to God the Father. His Spirit lives and works in us and provides a constant connection to Him. All the power of Heaven is available.

But we have a choice whether to tap into that power. If we neglect prayer, avoid reading the Bible, and try to keep certain situations from God?s control, then our relationship with Him will be distant. We will limit the Lord?s work in our life. But when we commit to know God and obey scriptural principles, His power surges through us. It?s like sap flowing through a branch to bring new growth.

Intimately understanding God leads to obedience because the believer knows the power and trustworthiness of the One he/she serves. Obedience, especially during hard times, develops our faith. As Isaiah 61:3 says, we'll eventually grow into unshakable 'oaks of righteousness.'

God bless you all
    Waqar Daniel
    Waqar Daniel

Number of posts : 84
    Registration date : 2008-03-21

http://christian-talk.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Apart from Me you can do nothing Empty Re: Apart from Me you can do nothing

Post by Susan Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:02 am

Very good teaching, Waqar Daniel!

Here is the scripture in the book of John, that you mentioned. I have added some of the following scriptures with it.

John 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

JESUS is our VINE!

John 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. 6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. 7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you. 8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples. 9 As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

We are to produce HIS FRUIT, so that the FATHER, be GLORIFIED. When we abide in JESUS, we become HIS DISCIPLES, and we are to continue in HIS LOVE.

BTW, love, is an action verb. It means that we are to do something. How can we contain the LOVE of our LORD? We can't. We need to spread HIS LOVE, through our actions! Without the LORD, we are useless, like a dead or diseased vine, that withers away and cannot produce. We need HIM and HIS WORD, to feed andnurture us, so that we produce GOOD FRUIT.

Let our FRUIT be GOOD, because of the LORD, in our life! JESUS said:

"Abide in me, and I in you."
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum