The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

The Four Horsemen

2 posters

Go down

The Four Horsemen Empty The Four Horsemen

Post by Susan Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:58 am

The four horsemen are the first four seals that are opened in HEAVEN. I believe that the horsemen are supernatural angelic beings, that has one task to fulfill. Let's look at each horseman.

The First Horseman

Revelation 6:1 And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see. 2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

The white horse is sent forth with a rider, carrying a bow and a crwon was given to him. His duty is to conquer the earth's inhabitants.

The Second Horseman

Revelation 6:3 And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see. 4 And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

The red horse has a rider whose sole purpose is th take peace from the eart. He carries a a great sword. He brings war.

The Third Horseman

Revelation 6:5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. 6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

The black horse carried a rider, which has balances in his hand. This rider, brings food shortages, and increases the cost of living. Notice that oil and wine are not to be increased. Notice the value given for purchasing. Money will not be worth much.

The Fourth Horseman

Revelation 6:7 And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see. 8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

The pale horse has a rider, which is named Death. This is the only rider with a name. Death is given 1/4 of the earh, and kills with the sword, hunger, and with death. Even the beasts of the earth are not immune to this rider.

In the Book of Zacchariah, we find out a little more about the 4 horses. Although the order of the horses differ, slightly, it gives us a good understanding of what these horses represent.

Zechariah 6:1 And I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and, behold, there came four chariots out from between two mountains; and the mountains were mountains of brass. 2 In the first chariot were red horses; and in the second chariot black horses; 3 And in the third chariot white horses; and in the fourth chariot grisled and bay horses.

In the next passage, you see what the four horses are:

Zechariah 6:4 Then I answered and said unto the angel that talked with me, What are these, my lord? 5 And the angel answered and said unto me, These are the four spirits of the heavens, which go forth from standing before the LORD of all the earth.

Where are the horses sent:

Zechariah 6:6 The black horses which are therein go forth into the north country; and the white go forth after them; and the grisled go forth toward the south country. 7 And the bay went forth, and sought to go that they might walk to and fro through the earth: and he said, Get you hence, walk to and fro through the earth. So they walked to and fro through the earth. 8 Then cried he upon me, and spake unto me, saying, Behold, these that go toward the north country have quieted my spirit in the north country.

It seems that the four horses are released to do battle on the enemies of Israel. In Ezekiel 38, we begin to get a better understanding:

Ezekiel 38:4 And I will turn thee back, and put hooks into thy jaws, and I will bring thee forth, and all thine army, horses and horsemen, all of them clothed with all sorts of armour, even a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords: 5 Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya with them; all of them with shield and helmet: 6 Gomer, and all his bands; the house of Togarmah of the north quarters, and all his bands: and many people with thee. 7 Be thou prepared, and prepare for thyself, thou, and all thy company that are assembled unto thee, and be thou a guard unto them. 8 After many days thou shalt be visited: in the latter years thou shalt come into the land that is brought back from the sword, and is gathered out of many people, against the mountains of Israel, which have been always waste: but it is brought forth out of the nations, and they shall dwell safely all of them. 9 Thou shalt ascend and come like a storm, thou shalt be like a cloud to cover the land, thou, and all thy bands, and many people with thee.

We also know that the LORD is trying to get the people of this earth to repent and turn to him:

Joel 2:1 Blow ye the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in my holy mountain: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the LORD cometh, for it is nigh at hand; 2 A day of darkness and of gloominess, a day of clouds and of thick darkness, as the morning spread upon the mountains: a great people and a strong; there hath not been ever the like, neither shall be any more after it, even to the years of many generations. 3 A fire devoureth before them; and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wilderness; yea, and nothing shall escape them. 4 The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horsemen, so shall they run. 5 Like the noise of chariots on the tops of mountains shall they leap, like the noise of a flame of fire that devoureth the stubble, as a strong people set in battle array. 6 Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blackness. 7 They shall run like mighty men; they shall climb the wall like men of war; and they shall march every one on his ways, and they shall not break their ranks: 8 Neither shall one thrust another; they shall walk every one in his path: and when they fall upon the sword, they shall not be wounded. 9 They shall run to and fro in the city; they shall run upon the wall, they shall climb up upon the houses; they shall enter in at the windows like a thief. 10 The earth shall quake before them; the heavens shall tremble: the sun and the moon shall be dark, and the stars shall withdraw their shining: 11 And the LORD shall utter his voice before his army: for his camp is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the LORD is great and very terrible; and who can abide it? 12 Therefore also now, saith the LORD, turn ye even to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning: 13 And rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God: for he is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth him of the evil. 14 Who knoweth if he will return and repent, and leave a blessing behind him; even a meat offering and a drink offering unto the LORD your God?

So, the four horsemen, are spiritual angelic beings that will bring the armies to fight in battle, before all of the world and all of Israel.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Four Horsemen Empty Re: The Four Horsemen

Post by GloryB Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:04 pm

I had to read it 3 times to grasp all the information!

This is why I believe in a rapture. I can't see God doing this to His church/bride. This is His wrath on the world and there is no reason for us to be in the middle of that since we are saved through Jesus.
    GloryB
    GloryB
    Members

Number of posts : 88
    Registration date : 2008-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:15 am

GloryB, just remember that the LORD will release HIS WRATH, in order to bring more people to accepting HIM. It will be the last call, to say the least. We have the blessed hope of the rapture, (catching away)because we believe. Many are sitting in churches, and going through the motions, but never really accepted JESUS as their SAVIOR. I do believe that these pew sitters, are some of the very ones, that the LORD is trying desperately to reach. They have the knowledge of HIM, and many will accept HIM, before it is too late.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:09 pm

Fourth Horseman ( death ) Egyptian riots. Full Original Video

Watch about 1:17 into the video. It looks like a horse and rider in ghostly form, to me. Looks like a white horse to me. Could this be the first horseman of the Appocalypse?
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:35 pm

A closer shot:

Susan
    Susan