The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

The words that I speak

Go down

The words that I speak Empty The words that I speak

Post by Susan Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:19 pm

The words I speak…

Please read, Exodus Chapter 4

http://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/Exd/Exd004.html#top

Moses didn't know how to speak, he told the LORD that the people would not listen to him.

Exodus 4:1 And Moses answered and said, But, behold, they will not believe me, nor hearken unto my voice: for they will say, The LORD hath not appeared unto thee.

Exodus 4:10 And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue.

The LORD gave Moses an answer…

Exodus 4: 11 And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD? 12 Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.

Moses questioned the LORD.

Exodus 4:13 And he said, O my Lord, send, I pray thee, by the hand of him whom thou wilt send.

This angered the LORD…

Exodus 4: 14 And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Moses, and he said, Is not Aaron the Levite thy brother? I know that he can speak well. And also, behold, he cometh forth to meet thee: and when he seeth thee, he will be glad in his heart. 15 And thou shalt speak unto him, and put words in his mouth: and I will be with thy mouth, and with his mouth, and will teach you what ye shall do. 16 And he shall be thy spokesman unto the people: and he shall be, even he shall be to thee instead of a mouth, and thou shalt be to him instead of God. 17 And thou shalt take this rod in thine hand, wherewith thou shalt do signs.

Moses listens to the LORD, goes to Aaron and tells him that he will speak as the LORD gives him the words to say.

Exodus 4: 27 And the LORD said to Aaron, Go into the wilderness to meet Moses. And he went, and met him in the mount of God, and kissed him. 28 And Moses told Aaron all the words of the LORD who had sent him, and all the signs which he had commanded him. 29 And Moses and Aaron went and gathered together all the elders of the children of Israel: 30 And Aaron spake all the words which the LORD had spoken unto Moses, and did the signs in the sight of the people. 31 And the people believed: and when they heard that the LORD had visited the children of Israel, and that he had looked upon their affliction, then they bowed their heads and worshipped.

There are 544 verses in the BIBLE that uses the word, speak. The “word” is found in 739 verses of the BIBLE. Throughout the BIBLE we find that the LORD wants to have dialogue with us. Not merely spilling out words, but a conversation that will edify us and lead us to the Promised Land.

Some “word” examples:

2 Samuel 23:2 The Spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word was in my tongue.

Psalms 18:30 As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him.

Psalms 119:40 Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it.

Proverbs 30:5 Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him.

GOD promises us this:

Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

So do we take HIS WORD lightly? If we trust HIM, and believe HIM we should take his WORD seriously. Only a fool would not believe HIS WORD.

Psalms 119:148 Mine eyes prevent the night watches, that I might meditate in thy word.

We should read and study the WORD for ourselves

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

When the WORD is planted within you, it flows and is spoken.

As the Prophets of old would say…

Here the WORD of the LORD.

So what does this mean?

It means that the Words that I speak should be words that the LORD has given me. A word spoke in anger can cut the marrow and the bones of men. HIS WORD is a two-edged sword.

Hebrews 4:12 The word of God [is] quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and [is] a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

It should be edifying, uplifting and bringing others to the full knowledge of HIM.

My prayer:

Dear LORD, let me speak the words that YOU give me to speak. Let me not speak out in anger, but always in love of my brethren. LORD, guard my lips from speaking things that tear down others. Let let me speak in YOUR truth, always. LORD, let my mouth be an instrument for YOU. Let me meditate on your WORD night and day. Let me search the WORD and know that it is hidden within me. Help me to walk the talk and talk the walk, that leads to YOUR THRONE. Thank you LORD, for YOUR WORD does not come back void. In JESUS NAME, AMEN.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The words that I speak Empty Re: The words that I speak

Post by Susan Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:19 pm

I was reminded of this again today. We have the power to bless or to curse others just by what we speak. Remember the LORD spoke the world into existence? We have been given the power to bind up on earth just like things are in heaven...this is just a bit of an epiphany for me.

Genesis 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Matthew 16:19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Matthew 18:18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Our words are binding...therefore they have power.

Then I remembered this...

Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; 45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Luke 6:27 But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, 28 Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. 29 And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloak forbid not to take thy coat also. 30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again. 31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

Praise the LORD, and send on the blessings....
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:20 pm

Ephesians 1:2 Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ. 3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: 4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: 5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, 6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Now that is a blessing!
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:20 pm

Have you ever hear the phrase, I'm my own worst enemy...well in essence when we speak negatively, we become our own worst enemy...it took me literally years to understand this and begin to speak blessings instead of cursings....so, Bob, you are not alone in this struggle. If you go back and read the first post in this topic, you will see how Moses also struggled with this very thing. The LORD still used him, and even gave him an assistant to speak in his place...so, it was with Moses, the LORD will do for you and I when we fail to understand the impact of our speach...even to our own selves.

Job struggled with this as well:

Job 7:11 Therefore I will not refrain my mouth; I will speak in the anguish of my spirit; I will complain in the bitterness of my soul.

Job 10:1 My soul is weary of my life; I will leave my complaint upon myself; I will speak in the bitterness of my soul.

Yet in the end, GOD blessed Job...

I hope that this helps you.

I came back to add this...Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: