The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Escape to Egypt

Go down

Escape to Egypt Empty Escape to Egypt

Post by Susan Tue Dec 28, 2021 9:46 am

Escape to Egypt

Matthew 2:12-16 (KJV)

12 And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way. 13 And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him. 14 When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt: 15 And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son. 16 Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently enquired of the wise men.

What men mean for evil, GOD will provide a way to live! Even though King Herod killed young children under the age of 2, GOD protected the infant JESUS.  This passage gives way to making Theologians think that JESUS might have been a toddler, by the time the Magi arrived. What would cause Joseph and Mary to stay in Bethlehem, for about 2 years? I believe that GOD did not send the star to guide the Magi, 2 years after the birth of JESUS.  Also, we know from Luke's account that 8 days after the birth of JESUS, HE was presented in the TEMPLE at Jerusalem.  It makes me think, that the Magi, most likely visited soon after the birth of JESUS.  However they came, and when they came, is irrevelant.  The fact that they came, is important.  Again, we see that both the Magi had been warned in a dream, and then Joseph was also warned in a dream.

GOD will use men and women to deliver a message.  HE uses prophets and prophetesses to deliver a message.  HE will use dreams and visions to deliver a message.  But most importantly, GOD will use HIS WORD, to guide us to know what is real and what is fake. Over the years, I have learned to trust the small still voice to guide my decisions.  I have learned to trust the dreams and visions that GOD gives to me.  Paying attention that these things will always, always align with the WORD of GOD.  We are to filter everything through HIS WORD, for us.  It was because Joseph payed attention to the WORD, of PROPHESY, he knew his dream, was indeed a warning! (See Jeremiah 31:15 and Exodus 1:15-16) and the prophesy concerning Israel, going into Egypt, Hosea 11:1.  As JESUS was through the lineage of Abraham, Jacob and Issac, and the Old Testiment is so often gives a mirrored glimpse of the MESSIAH, we can trust that JESUS has indeed fulfilled these prophesies.

In an irony, GOD sends baby JESUS to the land of Hebrew children's captivity, for his safety. Joseph, was sold into slavery and ended up being considered a Prince of Egypt.  Moses also was considered a Prince of Egypt.  Baby JESUS was indeed the PRINCE of PEACE. This is why it is so important for us to study GOD's WORD for ourselves.  To study and read the BIBLE from beginning to end, and to read it over and over.  We glean so much information, as we read and study.

Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down