The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

A Christian Response to Suicide

Go down

A Christian Response to Suicide Empty A Christian Response to Suicide

Post by Susan Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:31 am

A Christian Response to suicide

Yesterday, I felt the encroaching darkness, surround us. But darkness has no place in the LIGHT of GOD!

The tragic news of my hubby's former boss hit us like a brick wall. We had known this man for about 4 years. During that time, I had a few divine appoinments with him, and gave him my testamony of CHRIST's LOVE for us. I invited him to accept JESUS. He had many opportunities given to him. GOD continually placed Christians in front of him, to witness to him. Many seeds were planted. We do not know the depth of thoughts that a suicidal person has. We do not know what takes place in the last moments of their lives. I want to believe that GOD stretches those last moments, to give them one more chance to accept JESUS as LORD and SAVIOR. The emotions hit us hard. Was there anything we could have said or done, to change this man? And the devastation that hits the family, and the guilt, that goes with it, will follow them.

As a child, one of our neighbors committed suicide. I remember the devastation to the family, that had to continue to live in the house, where he died at his own hands. My mother, went and bought a bed, from the wife of the man. She was selling their furniture, to pay for his funeral. Mother, was kind and comforting to this neightbor. He had 3 daughters, that I remember. All were in tears, as each piece of furniture was sold, and removed. Suicide is not an answer, to life's problems. More recently, I met a menonite woman, whose husband had committed suicide. I'm pretty sure from our talk, that she had been shunned. Even though it was not her fault, the community, shunned her. I offered her hope and comforted her. Then, we had a suicide within our church family, just last month. Our church gathered around this family, in love and gave them comfort that the needed, when they needed it most. How we respond as Christians, will help mend a hole, that these families will carry for the rest of their lives.

My respone to all of this, is that JESUS is our only hope. I offered the same words to my hubby's former boss, too. I told him, how JESUS can change situations, desires, addictions, and so much more. There was hope being offered to him. I know he attended church at one time. Many people attend church, and are lost and dying without CHRIST JESUS. They attend because they enjoy the fellowship, activities and friendships. But they totally miss out on the most important part, and that is the SAVING GRACE and MERCY that GOD offers to each of us. I am drawn back to Judas, who hung himself after JESUS was crucified.  (See Matthew 27:3-10) Satan will lie to us, and tell us there is no hope! But GOD alone offers us HIS LOVE, HIS MERCY and HIS GRACE, through SALVATION.

What does all of this have to do with the most HOLY SEASON? JESUS came to seek and to save. HE is our SAVIOR!

Matthew 1:18-25 (KJV)

18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Ghost.

19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a public example, was minded to put her away privily.

20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

24 Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife:

25 And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name Jesus.

Joseph had a very hard decision to make. He made the right one. He met a divine appointment, and became to earthly father of JESUS. What a joy and privilege he was given! Let's meet our divine appointments that will save others! And even when we are rejected, it is really CHRIST who is rejected. But we did plant the seed of HOPE.

Another thought crossed my mind, as I pondered over all the events yesterday. GOD was preparing me as a child, for the fateful, divine encounters I have made. Even before I was saved! GOD was teaching me, the right way to respond to the needs that others will have. How we react, means everything to the family that has lost a loved one to suicide. If we can reach just one person for JESUS! Oh! The joy as the angels rejoice in heaven. I also believe that there are tears in heaven, when someone rejects the FREE GIFT of SALVATION, and dies. I am pretty sure there are many more tears being shed for this young man, who took his life. GOD does not want any of us to reject his LOVE, MERCY and GRACE. This is why we share the Gospel to everyone we meet. Please plant the seeds of HOPE!
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum