The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Facing Uncertain Times

Go down

Facing Uncertain Times Empty Facing Uncertain Times

Post by Susan Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:18 am

Facing Uncertain Times

Isaiah 55 (KJV) 55 Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.

2 Wherefore do ye spend money for that which is not bread? and your labour for that which satisfieth not? hearken diligently unto me, and eat ye that which is good, and let your soul delight itself in fatness.

3 Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, even the sure mercies of David.

4 Behold, I have given him for a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people.

5 Behold, thou shalt call a nation that thou knowest not, and nations that knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the Lord thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee.

6 Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

10 For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:

11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

12 For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

13 Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree: and it shall be to the Lord for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.

This important chapter talks about uncertain times, of famine and thirst. As you read through the chapter, the LORD instructs you to listen to HIS voice and instruction. We are to seek HIM in all matters. Nothing is too small a request to GOD. We are reminded of the coming seasons. So is it also with us. GOD allows us to go through seasons of uncertainty, that we might lean or press into HIS PRESENCE. HE promises us that HIS WORD will not return void. (HE will bring us through) We shall see better times ahead of us. We can rejoice in knowing that GOD cares for us, even when we are uncertain about the future. We don't need clairvoyants and charlatans to tell us our future. We have a LOVING FATHER in HEAVEN that KNOWS our furture!

Some of the uncertain times were desert experiences, as Moses led his people to the Promised Land, when Abraham and Sarah set out on their journey, when JESUS was imprisioned, and the disciples did not know what would happen to themselves... We often, only see the current situation. It is in these times, we must press in to GOD and HIS HOLY WORD. It is a time to place reminders around your homes, that GOD is in charge, HE will get you through this, You are WORTHY, You can do this!, You are strong and capable, etc!

What are the uncertanties you are facing? How do you handle it?

Isn't it wonderful to know that GOD is with us!

Last edited by Susan on Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : YT111523)
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum