The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

A Secure and Prepared Household

Go down

A Secure and Prepared Household Empty A Secure and Prepared Household

Post by Susan Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:34 am

A secure and prepared household

Proverbs 24:3-4 (KJV)

3 Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is established:

4 And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all precious and pleasant riches.

Verse 27: Prepare thy work without, and make it fit for thyself in the field; and afterwards build thine house.

What is a home to you? Is it not a safe haven for you and your family? This morning as I was reflecting upon today's chores around the house, the LORD spoke to me, "secure your house!" Securing your home, means checking the locks. It means making sure that you can find what you need in an emergency. We often fill our homes with things that are pleasant to look at. But are they necessity? Are we storing up what we need to store up? Or are we frivously spending money on trinkets that bring pleasure to the eyes only, but are of no real value to us? According to Proverbs 27, we should prepare the work outside the home first, and preparing fields for planting, then build us a home. How backwards do we have this these days. We buy the home, decorate our homes and only then worry with the outside chores. Let us be chaste homekeepers and always prepared, to secure our homes! Securing a home, would mean storing food, for a long term need. Preparing fields would be to grow the food we need to eat over the winter months. What are some other needs for a secure home? Heat would be one, I can attest to living without heat for a time in the winter. It was extremely cold. We had plenty of blankets and warm clothing, while waiting for the furnace to be fixed. Being prepared, saved us from freezing tempatures. Let's take a visual look at our homes today. Are we prepared and is our home secure?

In closing our Proverbs 24, verse 34 says;

34 So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth; and thy want as an armed man.

We are to secure our homes, in order not to face poverty or someone that wants to do bodily harm to us.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down