The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

GOD in us!

Go down

GOD in us! Empty GOD in us!

Post by Susan Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:00 am

GOD in us!

1 Corinthians 3:16-19 (KJV)

16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.

19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

I love knowing that GOD is in us! Throughout the new Testament, we find the phrases CHRIST in us, HOLY SPIRIT in us and GOD IN us! I make sure to underline these words. It is a comfort for me, knowing just how much GOD loves us. Our bodies, as believer's become the Dwelling Place of the MOST HIGH GOD. This is why it is important for us, to watch what we consume. Whether it is food and beverages, or consuming from our senses, such as sight and sound. GOD wants us to gaurd our bodies, because it is now HOLY. As a Christian, we must put off the worldly influences, to preserve the TEMPLE of GOD.

Before I was saved, I was a sinner and lost as lost as I could be. But, when I accepted JESUS as my LORD and SAVIOR, the old me, died, and a rebirth happened. I became new, IN CHRIST JESUS! GOD, in HIS INFINITE WISDOM, gave me the HOLY SPIRIT, to dwell within me, to guide me, in scripture and in life choices. The HOLY SPIRIT, even prays on my behalf, when I cannot pray for myself! We become the TEMPLE of GOD, through Salvation! Now, changes begin to take place. We see life differently and afresh! We act differently. We are being formed in what GOD intended for us to be. While we are still in the flesh, tempations still happen. But our reactions should change. We may be inticed to still sin, but we should quickly repent of those sins. Afterall, we are instilled with the PRESENCE of GOD, within us.

What a wake up call! To know, that the LORD loves me so much, that HE would be present within me very being!

I hope you pull out your Bible, and begin looking for phrases, that shows that GOD is in us!

Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum