The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Off to the Races!

Go down

Off to the Races! Empty Off to the Races!

Post by Susan Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:34 am

1 Corinthians 9:24-27 (Kjv)

24 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

25 And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

26 I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:

27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

When I was a young teenager and as an adult, I would jog to stay in shape. Years later, my shape has changed! All the exercise in the world, would not put this old body back in shape. Running a race means endurance, being in good healthy shape, and having a goal set before you. Sometimes, I think we are more like the donkey with a carrot dangling in front of us! The donkey will continue to move, trying to reach the carrot, which is tied strategically in front of him. We should take care of our bodies, so that we will be able to run the race that is set before us. Not looking behind us, but keeping our eyes on the prize! Our race in this life is not about physical endurance, but being patient in reaching our goals, and the goals the LORD wants for us to reach. What are some of your goals? Are you working towards those goals. Sometimes, life gets in the way. Are you patient, and willing to wait, to return to reaching those goals? Do you pace yourself, so that you won't run out of energy and stamina?

Philippians 3:13-14

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

May we each press forward, and be an encouragement to others!
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum