The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Becoming a wise woman of GOD

Go down

Becoming a wise woman of GOD Empty Becoming a wise woman of GOD

Post by Susan Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:04 am

Proverbs 14:1 KJV

“Every wise woman buildeth her house: but the foolish plucketh it down with her hands.”

How many of us have lived foolishly in the past, and lived to regret our decisions?  I know I have done a lot of things, that I am not proud of.  Yes, even Christians sin!  We willfully ignore GOD's WORD, and we get spanked by our HEAVENLY FATHER.  I carry many regrets.  Yet, our HEAVENLY FATHER, continues to forgive us and guide us. We can choose to be foolish.  Or we can choose to build up our house, and restore order to our lives. One of the first building blocks for any Christian, is learning to read the scriptures daily.  There are all sorts of books on the subject, and ways to do this "properly."  However, GOD simply wants us to draw from HIS WORD.  Secondly, we should be in constant communication with our HEAVENLY FATHER.  There is nothing too small or too big, that GOD cannot handle.  Learning to be submissive to the LORD, teaches us to be subbmissive to our husband.  The order of things, is important.  Being submissive, does not mean, you become a doormat.  Actually, it means, that you respect your husband, and allow him to lead you and your family.  His responsibility, is to protect and provide for you and the family, first.  In a way, he submits, to the needs of others, just as you submit to him and his needs.  A wise woman, looks after the affairs of her household.  She makes sure the family is fed, dressed properly and that her household runs smoothly.  I admit, I often fail in some areas of keeping a household. Everything, that we do as a woman, is of upmost importance to our family unit.  In today's society, we often find, most households are missing the man/father figure.  GOD never intended for women, to have to be both father and mother, to her children.  But society, and world views, has made it nearly unheard of for the father/husband to be present and a presence.  I was a single mom for many years. It's very hard raising children alone!  A failed marriage, had lead to a single parent household, and a mother, that had to work, outside the house, to make ends meet, and provide for my children.  I had to literally, pull my boots on by the straps, and get busy!  But, I would not neglect my children, if at all possible.  Finding a suitable baby sitter, was one of the hardest things, I ever had to do.  Allowing someone else to take care of my children, while I worked.  I knew this was not what GOD intended!

Wisdom, comes from GOD.  When we realise that we are not wise, on our own, we have began to grow up. I once was a child, but when I grew up, I put away childish things.  We can learn, from our mistakes, and foolishness.  It is hard as a parent, to watch our children make mistakes, but we must allow them, that chance to grow from those mistakes.  That is wisdom.

Finally, becoming a wise woman, is a life long journey. It will not happen over night!  GOD gifts us with wisdom, as we need it. Staying firmly planted in HIS WORD, and seeking out GOD'S WILL, will always be wise decisions.  We must learn to turn every situation over to the LORD, for guidance. Being submissive, again, is not a weakness.  But it is where we will draw our strength to do hard things, life throws at us.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down