The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

King Asa and the Promise of GOD

Go down

King Asa and the Promise of GOD Empty King Asa and the Promise of GOD

Post by Susan Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:17 am

King Asa, came to reign during the split of Israel. He became King over Judah. There are at least 4 things, we can glean from King Asa. 1. He was willing to fully trust in the LORD. 2. He was a willing vessel for the LORD. 3. And he did not repeat the mistakes of his family that reigned before him. 4. He destroyed the idols from Judah.

2 Chronicles 15:7 (KJV) 7 Be ye strong therefore, and let not your hands be weak: for your work shall be rewarded.

This small verse was stuck in the midst of a horrifying time for Israel. Israel had been without GOD, and without priests to lead the people. They had literally abandoned GOD. But GOD sent a vision to be given to King Asa, and Azariah the son of Obed, gave him a WORD from the LORD, to GOD's chosen people.

2 Chronicles 15:1-6

And the Spirit of God came upon Azariah the son of Oded:

2 And he went out to meet Asa, and said unto him, Hear ye me, Asa, and all Judah and Benjamin; The Lord is with you, while ye be with him; and if ye seek him, he will be found of you; but if ye forsake him, he will forsake you.

3 Now for a long season Israel hath been without the true God, and without a teaching priest, and without law.

4 But when they in their trouble did turn unto the Lord God of Israel, and sought him, he was found of them.

5 And in those times there was no peace to him that went out, nor to him that came in, but great vexations were upon all the inhabitants of the countries.

Can you imagine living without GOD, and HIS WORD? I can only imagine what my life might be like. But the people of GOD had done this very thing. And there were wars all around them. This was during the reign of King Asa. The people were told to seek GOD, and HE was found. GOD always gives us a promise. And, HE always keeps HIS promises! GOD told the people to keep doing their daily chores. To stay busy! Keep living your life, during the most compromised of times. And keep trusting the LORD! We can always find hope in the LORD. And we can always trust HIS WORD will never return void. But GOD does expect us to do our part, in every situation. We must first TRUST HIM, and seek HIM. Then we can prepare our houses, and do the things that we need to do daily, with confidence. You see, GOD is a GOD of order, and not chaos. HE gives us direction, when we can not see the end in sight.

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down