The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Admonish

Go down

Admonish Empty Admonish

Post by Susan Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:35 am

Romans 15:13-17 (KJV) Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.

14 And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren, that ye also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another.

15 Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some sort, as putting you in mind, because of the grace that is given to me of God,

16 That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Ghost.

17 I have therefore whereof I may glory through Jesus Christ in those things which pertain to God.

Friends, I have you in my mind, my thoughts and my prayers. Often, we may find ourselves being criticized, by others in the church. I know it has happened to my hubby and I. I thought about the admonishment, we received. Was there truly a reason for the person, to attack us in this manner publicaly? My short answer was no. But this person for whatever reason, made a move that was unbecoming. Let me explain something. We may never know the reason we received a tongue lashing in front of others. All I can do, is search my heart, and release their actions as a day of anger on their part. If I was guilty, I certainly would address the issues and take their words against me to heart. But as I searched and asked GOD to reveal the issues of sin, I could not find a reason. i did not even know the person well. Only in passing in the church. Admonishment, is something that should be done privately, and it should be done with love for the person. Admonish means, "to warn someone not to do something, usually in a kind way, or to tell someone to do something: His mother admonished him for eating too quickly." ~Cambridge Dictionary. Parents are great examples. We do admonish our children, for better behavior, table manners, and to build character. I have admonished our pastor in the past, for misquoted scriptures. But I did so privately and with love for him. He received the admonishment with a graceful heart. None of us, like to be confronted about something wrong with us. But we must in all situations, be graceful and forgiving, when admonishment is wrongly done. We must give it over to the LORD, when we cannot face the accuser. Satan is out to steal our joy, and our testamony! Have you ever found yourself, in the position of being admonished? 1 Peter 3:16 says, "Having a good conscience; that, whereas they speak evil of you, as of evildoers, they may be ashamed that falsely accuse your good conversation in Christ. " And Matthew 5:11 says, "Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake." Be thankful to GOD, when these things happen. Be even more thankful that when you are admonished publicaly or privately. Because JESUS was taken to the CROSS, for our sins. HE was crucified for our sins! He took the lashings of a whip, for us! And if we find ourselves guilty, we should quickly appoligize and try hard not to do the offense again.

For further study, please see  1-Peter-2:1-25
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum