The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

A Nation Blessed!

Go down

A Nation Blessed! Empty A Nation Blessed!

Post by Susan Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:25 am

Genesis 22:15-18 (KJV) And the angel of the LORD called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time, 16 And said, By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son: 17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies; 18 And in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed my voice.

GOD gave a promise to Abraham. That all nations would be blessed, because he obeyed GOD. Not only that, but that his offspring, would be multiplied as well. Today, we know the seed of Abraham, as two Nations. The Nation of Israel, and the Jewish people, and the Arab Nations, the sons of Ishmael. We know that two brothers, were never going to get along. Issac was GOD's chosen son. Ishmael, was born because Sarah and Abraham, sinned. They did not trust GOD's plan, for a son of their own. In the end, it was a blessing a curse. GOD will choose Jacob, and bless Israel. He also blessed Ishmael, and gave his mother a promise in the desert. But Ishmael, remained jealous, of his brother's inheritance...

Isaiah 41:8 But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.

At some later point in time, we became adopted children. It was because of JESUS, and the death, burial and ressurection , that we can become children of GOD. Romans, put it this way...

Romans 9:4-8 - Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises; Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel: Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called. That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.

Romans 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Which brings me back to being a Nation blessed! Psalms 33:12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD; and the people whom he hath chosen for his own inheritance.

Numbers 24:9 The nation is like a mighty lion; When it is sleeping, no one dares wake it. Whoever blesses Israel will be blessed, And whoever curses Israel will be cursed.

Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down