The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Spiritual renewal; the Daily Devotional

Go down

Spiritual renewal; the Daily Devotional Empty Spiritual renewal; the Daily Devotional

Post by Susan Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:06 am

I don't know about you, but I love my morning devotional times, and spending time talking with the LORD. I know that my day seems to go a bit easier, when I take this time, to be alone with the LORD, and study HIS WORD. Often enough, I feel the pressures to hurry up. But I want to dwell in HIS PRESENCE! I am learning to say no, to the outside noises.

Psalm 119:11 (KJV) Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

I want to spend time in the LORD's WORD, so that it becomes a part of my very being. Hiding GOD's WORD, in our heart, means that we carry HIS WORD within us. It removes the carnal mind that we each possess, and replaces it, with the WORD of GOD. See Romans 8. We are called to not be double minded.

James 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

When we commit ourselves to spending time with the LORD, we are creating a place within ourselves, that invites the HOLY SPIRIT to dwell and for the WORD of GOD to take root. We are creating fertile ground for our LORD to work within us! The BIBLE tells us that a change takes place at the very moment of our salvation.

2 Corinthians 5:17 17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

I want to be new! I want what GOD wants for my life! I have freely given GOD, the reigns to take control of me, and to use me to HIS good pleasure. It is a wonderful place to be in, as GOD transforms us, by the renewing of our minds. As we may see inward changes, the world sees outward changes. The world then begins to want, the same thing as we want. They are drawn to GOD, through us. Why? Because we have CHRIST in us, and we have hidden HIS WORD within us, and the HOLY SPIRIT dwells within us also! It is truly glorious what GOD is doing on a daily basis. Have you fed upon HIS WORD today? We are like babes, that need milk at first, and as we grow in CHRIST JESUS, we feed upon the meat of HIS WORD! Glory to GOD! I hope you are enjoying the spiritual nurishment, as much as I am enjoying it! GOD desires this personal relationship, as much as we desire HIS presence.

May you be blessed by HIS WORD!
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down