The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Work ethics

Go down

Work ethics Empty Work ethics

Post by Susan Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:53 am

Proverbs 16:3 (KJV) Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established.

My mother and father, were both hard working folks. Up early in the morning and worked late into the night, to make sure we kids, had everything we needed. They provided a good home. It was not a home without problems, but when things got rough, my father and I pulled together, to try to take care of my mother. One thing, I remember, was that mother and father, never really complained about the chores and work, that they had to do. It was simply done. I watched my dad, break down an old truck motor in our front yard, then put it back together. He had so many talents! And the old truck ran like a new one, afterwards! Mother, was always busy, cooking and cleaning. Our house was kept spotless. I can's say, my house is that clean! But, we do try. I can't even begin to live up to the work habbits of my parents! I wonder how they managed to do everything they did. It took a tremendous amout of commitment to our family and to GOD. GOD was the source of their strength and determination. GOD remained the central focus of our family unit. They also expected their children to be hard workers in life, and gave us the example and tools to do it. Over time, the mother's moved out of the home, and into the workforce. It has deminished our roles in the home. We have become less relient upon ourselves, and more ready to buy ready made everything! I think the times we are living in, is calling us back into the life of my parents, now. We are a generation that seeks to please GOD, and everything else is becoming distractions. The younger generation needs us to show them how to survive. Living for GOD, we are truly set apart! Let us do our work, for the LORD, and the work we do, to prepare for our family will become much easier. JESUS said in Matthew 11: 28-30:

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum