The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Quench not the Spirit!

Go down

Quench not the Spirit!  Empty Quench not the Spirit!

Post by Susan Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:06 am

Quench not the Spirit!  What all does the HOLY SPIRIT, do for us?  I found this list online:

Glorifies and exalts Jesus and reveals him to us (John 15:26, 16:14)
    Convicts us – giving us a sense of sin as well as affirming to us that Jesus (all truth) is the way to God (John 16:8-13)
    Lives in us when we acknowledge Christ as Savior, and fills us as we allow the Spirit free access to every part of our lives (Ephesians 5:18; Acts 2:4, 4:8, 31 and 9:17)
    Guides and leads us when we ask, leading us into all truth (Romans 8:14; Galatians 5:18; Matthew 4:1; Luke 4:1)
    Helps us understand and apply the Scripture to our lives (2 Timothy 3:16; 1 Corinthians 2:12)
    Teaches us to pray and prays for us when we don’t know what to pray (Romans 8:26-27; Jude 1:20; Galatians 4:6)
    Prompts us to listen to God’s still small voice as well as lifting our voices in joyful worship (Psalm 46:10; Revelation 19:6; Galatians 5:5; 1 Thessalonians 1:6)
    Empowers us to share God’s love with others and live boldly in times of trouble (Luke 4:14; 24:49; Romans 15:19; Acts 1:8 )
    Distributes spiritual gifts to us for use in the body (his church) (1 Corinthians 12:4; 8-10; Hebrews 2:4)
    Produces fruit in us – the evidence of the Spirit’s work and presence in our lives (Galatians 5:22-23)
    Comforts us (John 14:16; 2 Corinthians 1:3-7; Acts 9:31)
    Brings what Jesus has said to our remembrance (John 14:26)
    Transforms us into the image of Christ (2 Corinthians 3:18)
    Seals believers and bears witness that we are the children of God (Ephesians 1:13, 4:30; Romans 8:16)
    Unites believers in oneness to the body (Ephesians 4:3, 2:14-19)
    Is our guarantee for our future resurrection and grants us everlasting life (2 Corinthians 1:22, 5:8; Galatians 6:8 )

1 Thessalonians 5, verses 16- 22 (KJV) 16 Rejoice evermore. 17 Pray without ceasing. 18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 19 Quench not the Spirit. 20 Despise not prophesyings. 21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good. 22 Abstain from all appearance of evil.

Isn't it nice to know just how much GOD cares for our needs, through the HOLY SPIRIT.  Why, would we ever want to interfere with the work of the HOLY SPIRIT? This is one question, I think about, when it comes to Bible versions.  Our churches allow almost any version to be used, in the pulpit, and in our homes.  Most churches tell us, not to use the old antiquated KJV Bibles.  But will have them sitting in the pews, for visitors to use.  What most churches use is an excuse.  They say, but it is easier to understand.  No, it brings confusion into the church!  And we know GOD is not the god of confusion.  Satan is.  The HOLY SPIRIT, interprets scripture for us!  Not man! I was so dissapointed when, I read CARM, stating that the KJV has errors. GOD's WORD is perfect, but if you look at all the other versions, you will find that verses are twisted, and long winded. The KJV seems to me, to be the version of choice.  It has stood the test of time.  It has been the source of many SAVATIONS.  It has been memorized and preached out of, and taught out of, for many generations.  But, when we came to the 1970's, the NIV, was introduced. I was a child, in Sunday School.  Our teachers thought, it was the greatest thing, since sliced bread.  We wrote in the cover, a list of page numbers, that would lead a prisoner to Salvation, and marked the scripture on those pages.  Those Bibles went into prisons.  We never heard back, if anyone was Saved or not, though.  I still think about this.  And one day, the HOLY SPIRIT, impressed upon me, that using all these versions, had given satan a foot hold, in our churches. I began to look closer to the differences in all the other versions of the Bible.  I came to the final conclusion, that the KJV was the best and only version for me and our household to use.  I did not want to quench the SPIRIT!
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down