The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

John 13:36-38

Go down

John 13:36-38 Empty John 13:36-38

Post by clark thompson Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:17 am

John 13:36-38
    KJV 36 Simon Peter said unto him, Lord, whither goest thou? Jesus answered him, Whither I go, thou canst not follow me now; but thou shalt follow me afterwards. 37 Peter said unto him, Lord, why cannot I follow thee now? I will lay down my life for thy sake. 38 Jesus answered him, Wilt thou lay down thy life for my sake? Verily, verily, I say unto thee, The cock shall not crow, till thou hast denied me thrice.
    NSB 36 Simon Peter said: »Lord where are you going?« Jesus answered: »Where I am going you cannot follow me now. You will follow me later.« 37 Peter said: »Lord, why can I not follow you now? I will lay down my life for you.« 38 Jesus answered: »Will you lay down your life for me? Truly I tell you the cock will not crow till you have denied me three times.«

These are my thoughts, please share yours

36 Jesus was going to the cross a place Peter could yet go but according to tradition would later go to. Peter did want to leave Jesus but God had a plan for him.

37 Peter understood that Jesus was saying that He was going to die and Peter thought he was willing to die as well later he would be but the time had not yet come for that. We all should be willing to lay down our lives for Christ.

38 Peter would in fact deny Christ but his life would end with dying because of his service to the Lord, he died in the name of Jesus. Peter deny Christ three times but would repent and be a key person the Lord would use to build the church.

clark thompson
    Members

Number of posts : 86
    Registration date : 2014-07-10

Back to top Go down