The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Edomites

Go down

Edomites Empty Edomites

Post by Susan Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:26 pm

The decisions we make in life can continue to effect generations after us. Look at Esau's decision to sell his birthright for a bowl of food from Jacob. ( From a sermon at Meridian Baptist Church.) Genesis 25: 23-34; Genesis 28: 6-9; Genesis 33: 1-9; Genesis 36:1-9 and the Book of Obediah. Edom (Enoch's family) and Israel (Jacob's family) Have fought for generations. A lesson for us today. Be careful in ALL decisions and always strive to serve the LORD. It can mean generations of problems or generations of GOD fearing family.

The father of the Edomites is Esau.  Esau took wives from Ishmael's daughters.

A look at some of the scriptures regarding the Edomites:

Genesis  25:23 And the LORD said unto her, Two nations are in thy womb, and two manner of people shall be separated from thy bowels; and the one people shall be stronger than the other people; and the elder shall serve the younger.
    Genesis  25:24 And when her days to be delivered were fulfilled, behold, there were twins in her womb.
    Genesis  25:25 And the first came out red, all over like an hairy garment; and they called his name Esau.
    Genesis  25:26 And after that came his brother out, and his hand took hold on Esau's heel; and his name was called Jacob: and Isaac was threescore years old when she bare them.
    Genesis  25:27 And the boys grew: and Esau was a cunning hunter, a man of the field; and Jacob was a plain man, dwelling in tents.
    Genesis  25:28 And Isaac loved Esau, because he did eat of his venison: but Rebekah loved Jacob.
    Genesis  25:29 And Jacob sod pottage: and Esau came from the field, and he was faint:
    Genesis  25:30 And Esau said to Jacob, Feed me, I pray thee, with that same red pottage; for I am faint: therefore was his name called Edom.
    Genesis  25:31 And Jacob said, Sell me this day thy birthright.
    Genesis  25:32 And Esau said, Behold, I am at the point to die: and what profit shall this birthright do to me?
    Genesis  25:33 And Jacob said, Swear to me this day; and he sware unto him: and he sold his birthright unto Jacob.
    Genesis  25:34 Then Jacob gave Esau bread and pottage of lentils; and he did eat and drink, and rose up, and went his way: thus Esau despised his birthright.

Genesis  28:6 When Esau saw that Isaac had blessed Jacob, and sent him away to Padanaram, to take him a wife from thence; and that as he blessed him he gave him a charge, saying, Thou shalt not take a wife of the daughters of Canaan;
    Genesis  28:7 And that Jacob obeyed his father and his mother, and was gone to Padanaram;
    Genesis  28:8 And Esau seeing that the daughters of Canaan pleased not Isaac his father;
    Genesis  28:9 Then went Esau unto Ishmael, and took unto the wives which he had Mahalath the daughter of Ishmael Abraham's son, the sister of Nebajoth, to be his wife.

Genesis  33:1 And Jacob lifted up his eyes, and looked, and, behold, Esau came, and with him four hundred men. And he divided the children unto Leah, and unto Rachel, and unto the two handmaids.
    Genesis  33:2 And he put the handmaids and their children foremost, and Leah and her children after, and Rachel and Joseph hindermost.
    Genesis  33:3 And he passed over before them, and bowed himself to the ground seven times, until he came near to his brother.
    Genesis  33:4 And Esau ran to meet him, and embraced him, and fell on his neck, and kissed him: and they wept.
    Genesis  33:5 And he lifted up his eyes, and saw the women and the children; and said, Who are those with thee? And he said, The children which God hath graciously given thy servant.
    Genesis  33:6 Then the handmaidens came near, they and their children, and they bowed themselves.
    Genesis  33:7 And Leah also with her children came near, and bowed themselves: and after came Joseph near and Rachel, and they bowed themselves.
    Genesis  33:8 And he said, What meanest thou by all this drove which I met? And he said, These are to find grace in the sight of my lord.
    Genesis  33:9 And Esau said, I have enough, my brother; keep that thou hast unto thyself.

Genesis  36:1 Now these are the generations of Esau, who is Edom.
    Genesis  36:2 Esau took his wives of the daughters of Canaan; Adah the daughter of Elon the Hittite, and Aholibamah the daughter of Anah the daughter of Zibeon the Hivite;
    Genesis  36:3 And Bashemath Ishmael's daughter, sister of Nebajoth.
    Genesis  36:4 And Adah bare to Esau Eliphaz; and Bashemath bare Reuel;
    Genesis  36:5 And Aholibamah bare Jeush, and Jaalam, and Korah: these are the sons of Esau, which were born unto him in the land of Canaan.
    Genesis  36:6 And Esau took his wives, and his sons, and his daughters, and all the persons of his house, and his cattle, and all his beasts, and all his substance, which he had got in the land of Canaan; and went into the country from the face of his brother Jacob.
    Genesis  36:7 For their riches were more than that they might dwell together; and the land wherein they were strangers could not bear them because of their cattle.
    Genesis  36:8 Thus dwelt Esau in mount Seir: Esau is Edom.
    Genesis  36:9 And these are the generations of Esau the father of the Edomites in mount Seir:

Obadiah  1:1 The vision of Obadiah. Thus saith the Lord GOD concerning Edom; We have heard a rumour from the LORD, and an ambassador is sent among the heathen, Arise ye, and let us rise up against her in battle.
    Obadiah  1:2 Behold, I have made thee small among the heathen: thou art greatly despised.
    Obadiah  1:3 The pride of thine heart hath deceived thee, thou that dwellest in the clefts of the rock, whose habitation is high; that saith in his heart, Who shall bring me down to the ground?
    Obadiah  1:4 Though thou exalt thyself as the eagle, and though thou set thy nest among the stars, thence will I bring thee down, saith the LORD.
    Obadiah  1:5 If thieves came to thee, if robbers by night, (how art thou cut off!) would they not have stolen till they had enough? if the grapegatherers came to thee, would they not leave some grapes?
    Obadiah  1:6 How are the things of Esau searched out! how are his hidden things sought up!
    Obadiah  1:7 All the men of thy confederacy have brought thee even to the border: the men that were at peace with thee have deceived thee, and prevailed against thee; that they eat thy bread have laid a wound under thee: there is none understanding in him.
    Obadiah  1:8 Shall I not in that day, saith the LORD, even destroy the wise men out of Edom, and understanding out of the mount of Esau?
    Obadiah  1:9 And thy mighty men, O Teman, shall be dismayed, to the end that every one of the mount of Esau may be cut off by slaughter.
    Obadiah  1:10 For thy violence against thy brother Jacob shame shall cover thee, and thou shalt be cut off for ever.
    Obadiah  1:11 In the day that thou stoodest on the other side, in the day that the strangers carried away captive his forces, and foreigners entered into his gates, and cast lots upon Jerusalem, even thou wast as one of them.
    Obadiah  1:12 But thou shouldest not have looked on the day of thy brother in the day that he became a stranger; neither shouldest thou have rejoiced over the children of Judah in the day of their destruction; neither shouldest thou have spoken proudly in the day of distress.
    Obadiah  1:13 Thou shouldest not have entered into the gate of my people in the day of their calamity; yea, thou shouldest not have looked on their affliction in the day of their calamity, nor have laid hands on their substance in the day of their calamity;
    Obadiah  1:14 Neither shouldest thou have stood in the crossway, to cut off those of his that did escape; neither shouldest thou have delivered up those of his that did remain in the day of distress.
    Obadiah  1:15 For the day of the LORD is near upon all the heathen: as thou hast done, it shall be done unto thee: thy reward shall return upon thine own head.
    Obadiah  1:16 For as ye have drunk upon my holy mountain, so shall all the heathen drink continually, yea, they shall drink, and they shall swallow down, and they shall be as though they had not been.
    Obadiah  1:17 But upon mount Zion shall be deliverance, and there shall be holiness; and the house of Jacob shall possess their possessions.
    Obadiah  1:18 And the house of Jacob shall be a fire, and the house of Joseph a flame, and the house of Esau for stubble, and they shall kindle in them, and devour them; and there shall not be any remaining of the house of Esau; for the LORD hath spoken it.
    Obadiah  1:19 And they of the south shall possess the mount of Esau; and they of the plain the Philistines: and they shall possess the fields of Ephraim, and the fields of Samaria: and Benjamin shall possess Gilead.
    Obadiah  1:20 And the captivity of this host of the children of Israel shall possess that of the Canaanites, even unto Zarephath; and the captivity of Jerusalem, which is in Sepharad, shall possess the cities of the south.
    Obadiah  1:21 And saviours shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be the LORD's.

Malachi  1:1 The burden of the word of the LORD to Israel by Malachi.
    Malachi  1:2 I have loved you, saith the LORD. Yet ye say, Wherein hast thou loved us? Was not Esau Jacob's brother? saith the LORD: yet I loved Jacob,
    Malachi  1:3 And I hated Esau, and laid his mountains and his heritage waste for the dragons of the wilderness.
    Malachi  1:4 Whereas Edom saith, We are impoverished, but we will return and build the desolate places; thus saith the LORD of hosts, They shall build, but I will throw down; and they shall call them, The border of wickedness, and, The people against whom the LORD hath indignation for ever.
    Malachi  1:5 And your eyes shall see, and ye shall say, The LORD will be magnified from the border of Israel.
    Malachi  1:6 A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the LORD of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say, Wherein have we despised thy name?
    Malachi  1:7 Ye offer polluted bread upon mine altar; and ye say, Wherein have we polluted thee? In that ye say, The table of the LORD is contemptible.
    Malachi  1:8 And if ye offer the blind for sacrifice, is it not evil? and if ye offer the lame and sick, is it not evil? offer it now unto thy governor; will he be pleased with thee, or accept thy person? saith the LORD of hosts.
    Malachi  1:9 And now, I pray you, beseech God that he will be gracious unto us: this hath been by your means: will he regard your persons? saith the LORD of hosts.
    Malachi  1:10 Who is there even among you that would shut the doors for nought? neither do ye kindle fire on mine altar for nought. I have no pleasure in you, saith the LORD of hosts, neither will I accept an offering at your hand.
    Malachi  1:11 For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the LORD of hosts.
    Malachi  1:12 But ye have profaned it, in that ye say, The table of the LORD is polluted; and the fruit thereof, even his meat, is contemptible.
    Malachi  1:13 Ye said also, Behold, what a weariness is it! and ye have snuffed at it, saith the LORD of hosts; and ye brought that which was torn, and the lame, and the sick; thus ye brought an offering: should I accept this of your hand? saith the LORD.
    Malachi  1:14 But cursed be the deceiver, which hath in his flock a male, and voweth, and sacrificeth unto the LORD a corrupt thing: for I am a great King, saith the LORD of hosts, and my name is dreadful among the heathen.

Last edited by Susan on Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Edomites Empty Re: Edomites

Post by Susan Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:36 pm

Hebrews  12:15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;
    Hebrews  12:16 Lest there be any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.
    Hebrews  12:17 For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.

This is by no means all the scriptures regarding Esau's people, the Edomites. There is plenty more you can search out about this people. It is a good lesson for all of us to be careful, with our birthright, and with all our decisions in this life.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum