The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Sometimes GOD moves you aside to do HIS Purpose

Go down

Sometimes GOD moves you aside to do HIS Purpose Empty Sometimes GOD moves you aside to do HIS Purpose

Post by Susan Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:54 pm

1 Samuel 12:7 (KJV) Now therefore stand still, that I may reason with you before the LORD of all the righteous acts of the LORD, which he did to you and to your fathers.

Since my last posting, I have had to give up teaching and for the most part most activities. Sometimes GOD has to move us out of the way, to do HIS GOOD WILL. You see, GOD gave me a vision of building up the church that I attend, through a Children's Church program. As I followed in HIS WILL, I noticed the amount of negativity that came from some members. Some people don't like change, some don't like children. Well, it was an up hill battle. The church was literally dead. There were no young people, no children, and not even young adults, when we first joined. GOD had to clean house, so to speak to prepare the way. I had to step up and speak up, on many occasions. You see, I've had a revelation about some churches teaching pastors to close the doors of older churches, in order to build new churches. My question to GOD was "why"? HIS answer was to do what HE has instructed me to do. So, I did just that. Watching our little congregation either die off, or divide over the issue of selling our building to a pharmacy. GOD began to remove everything that was hindering HIS work! I have watched in amazement, as GOD cleaned HIS HOUSE, like JESUS had cleaned out the money changers in the TEMPLE. I do not believe that GOD wants a church to die. I do believe that even older churches, especially inner city churches can grow, with the right soil, water and SONLIGHT. I had left the church during a time when the pastor was trying to force his will upon the people, and also on the children. I took the children to my home and continued teaching them, with the thought that they would be able to return. And, we did return! With a full 100% vote from the members.

I was able to do our first VBS program and many children received JESUS as their personal SAVIOR.

We'd been back in the church for about a year, when my health began to change. Over the last year, I have had the most excruciating pain, that lasted for 4 or more hours, and eventually lasted over a week. I was totally debilitated,and no one had any answers for me. Time after time, I was sent to the Emergency Room, by my doctor. First they though it was appendicitis, next they thought it was gall bladder or kidney stones. All the MRI's and CT Scans came up negative. This started in March of 2011. By November, I was hospitalized, and given the diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis (MS), and possible (CMT) Charcot Marie Tooth. CMT is a disease that attacks the feet and hands. MS is a mystery disease with no clear or defined symptoms. I was experiencing weakness, fatigue, dizziness, upset stomach, bladder and bowel problems, pain, MS hugs (which wraps around your middle like a belt being tightened), dragging my foot, difficulty walking, etc. None of the tests that the hospital did were conclusive, but one which showed I had muscle loss on my left side. I was having tingling and numbness in my feet and hands, that never went away. I had already been diagnosed with a number of problems prior to this diagnosis; PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome) High Blood Pressure, border line diabetes, scoliosis, just to name a few.

By the beginning of December, I was back in the hospital. This time, I could not feel my left leg from the knee down, and my right foot was numb. They found blood clots in my left leg, and left lung. A filter was put into my artery leading to the heart, to catch any loose clots. During the procedure, I saw angels gathered around my bed. I was so frightened by the surgery, that one of the nurses held my hand. I was only sedated by a local, and the television monitor the dr., was guiding this thing, into my vein. By the GRACE of GOD, I was still alive. When I left the hospital, I had to use a walker. I had already been doing Physical Therapy for several months prior to this. I was very weak, and could hardly pull myself up. I worked diligently to regain some use in my left leg and left side. Eventually, promoting myself to a cane, which I still use.

At the end of February, I was back in the hospital. This time it was pancreatitis and the need to remove a half full gall bladder. Remember, there was nothing showing in prior MRI's and CT Scans. This was the second time within three months that I literally could have died. There was no food for at least a week. I had to have help going to the bathroom, and getting in and out of bed. Then the day came for me to have my gall bladder removed. I went through the surgery well, and was up 2 hours after having the surgery. This time I wasn't afraid, and knew that the LORD would guide the surgeons hands. Once I was released from the hospital, the soreness and pain levels began to creep back up. I could barely move, without pain shooting through my mid section. By the third day, the pain was unbearable. But on the fourth day, I had gotten through the worst of the pain. Slowly, my body began to heal. I have five small scars on my mid section.

Since then I have been recuperating at home. My days and activities are very limited. Yet, through all of this, I know that the LORD was with me, through all of this. HE moved me away form the Children's programs at church. And now there are 4 teachers teaching them! I give the LORD PRAISE and HONOR! We now have a pastor that is deeply rooted in the WORD of GOD, and his wife is a gem. The church is showing signs of growth.

Sometimes the LORD will have us be still, so that HE can do HIS WILL. I've learned a valuable lesson of waiting upon the LORD, leaning or pressing in to the WORD, and literally trusting my life is in HIS HANDS. This Sunday, there will be many new members and new Christians following in Believer's Baptism. One is my oldest grandson.

GOD is so very GOOD! AMEN.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/The-first-blog-b1/Sometimes-GOD-moves-you-aside-to-do-HIS-Purpose-b1-p4.htm
    This has become my theme song:
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Sometimes GOD moves you aside to do HIS Purpose Empty Re: Sometimes GOD moves you aside to do HIS Purpose

Post by Susan Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:56 pm

Notation: YT033123

This is a true Testimony!
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum