The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

When is Sabbath?

Go down

When is Sabbath? Empty When is Sabbath?

Post by Susan Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:28 am

There is a question that has caused many debates among Christians. Why isn't the Fri night and Saturday Sabbath being observed?

We know that the Bible is divided between the Old Testiment and the New Testiment. This is because there is an old covenant, given to the decendants of Abraham (Jews) and a new covenant given to the Gentiles.

So, the question raised is when is Sabbath? Most Jews still celebrate Sabbath on Friday evening and Saturday. Which is what the LORD commanded them to do.

Even JESUS honored the Sabbath, until his Ressurection. But on one occasion he plucked ears of corn, on Sabbath. To the Jews this was a sin. But JESUS rebuked them saying:

Matthew 12:3 But he said unto them, Have ye not read what David did, when he was an hungred, and they that were with him; 4 How he entered into the house of God, and did eat the shewbread, which was not lawful for him to eat, neither for them which were with him, but only for the priests? 5 Or have ye not read in the law, how that on the sabbath days the priests in the temple profane the sabbath, and are blameless? 6 But I say unto you, That in this place is one greater than the temple. 7 But if ye had known what this meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice, ye would not have condemned the guiltless. 8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

Another incident where JESUS worked upon Sabbath continues in the same chapter of Matthew:

9 And when he was departed thence, he went into their synagogue: 10 And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered. And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath days? that they might accuse him. 11 And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out? 12 How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days.

Which brings up an interesting fact:

Matthew 12:8 For the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day.

JESUS stated HE was LORD even of the Sabbath Day!

So why do most Christians cellebrate Sabbath on the first day of the week, Sunday?

Most Christians celebrate Sabbath on the first day of the week (Sunday) , because this was the beginning of the New Covenant Promise, through JESUS death, burial and Ressurection. Sabbath is still being honored,through CHRIST JESUS.

John 20:19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

Acts 20:7 And upon the first day of the week, when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight.

1 Corinthians 16:1 Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye. 2 Upon the first day of the week let every one of you lay by him in store, as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come.

Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum