The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

All that labour and are heavey laden... take my yoke upon you.

Go down

All that labour and are heavey laden... take my yoke upon you. Empty All that labour and are heavey laden... take my yoke upon you.

Post by Susan Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:47 pm

Matthew 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes. 26 Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight. 27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him. 28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

A yoke is used to bring animals into submission to their master's will. Merriam-Webster Dictionary describes the word, yoke, as follows:

Main Entry: 1yoke
    Pronunciation: \ˈyōk\
    Function: noun
    Inflected Form(s): plural yokes
    Etymology: Middle English yok, from Old English geoc; akin to Old High German joh yoke, Latin jugum, Greek zygon, Sanskrit yuga, Latin jungere to join
    Date: before 12th century
    1 a: a wooden bar or frame by which two draft animals (as oxen) are joined at the heads or necks for working together b: an arched device formerly laid on the neck of a defeated person c: a frame fitted to a person's shoulders to carry a load in two equal portions d: a bar by which the end of the tongue of a wagon or carriage is suspended from the collars of the harness e (1): a crosspiece on the head of a boat's rudder (2): an airplane control operating the elevators and ailerons f: a frame from which a bell is hung g: a clamp or similar piece that embraces two parts to hold or unite them in position
    2plural usually yoke : two animals yoked or worked together
    3 a (1): an oppressive agency (2): servitude, bondage b: tie, link; especially : marriage
    4: a fitted or shaped piece at the top of a skirt or at the shoulder of various garments.

Why do you think the LORD wants us to take HIS yoke upon us?
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down