The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Mojave Desert Cross Case, being heard in Supreme Court!

Go down

Mojave Desert  Cross Case, being heard in Supreme Court! Empty Mojave Desert Cross Case, being heard in Supreme Court!

Post by Susan Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:49 pm

Perhaps you've seen this in the news? Well, I know I have, and have been praying about it. Received this in my email this afternnon, and wanted to pass this on to everyone that I can. Let's stand up for what is RIGHT!

Today, a solitary cross in the middle of the desert will have the complete attention of the nine justices at the United States Supreme Court!

For weeks now, I’ve been telling you how our opponents at the ACLU think this cross – in the heart of the Mojave Desert – is an offensive religious symbol on government land that violates the Constitution.

Now, more than ever, I need you to stand with us to preserve the right to publicly display the Cross!

Please take a moment now and watch an important, brief video I’ve prepared about this case. Click here to view the video and sign the petition.

First erected in 1934 by the Veterans of Foreign Wars, the Mojave Desert Cross is a memorial in honor of the brave men and women in the US Military who gave their lives to defend freedom during the First World War. Congress even officially designated the Cross as a War Memorial.

Of course, that's before the ACLU started their witch hunt to find and destroy every religious symbol on public land. And with the help of radical judges, they've been successful.

Today, October 7, the Supreme Court hears this important case!

Like so many Americans in town hall meetings across the nation who are voicing their concern about the increasing intrusiveness of government, we say, "Enough is enough!"

If the ACLU succeeds here, no religious symbol on public land is safe!

Arlington National Cemetery, with its thousands of rows of crosses, honoring those members of our military who fought and died for freedom, could be the next place the ACLU screams, "Tear down those crosses!"

That's why at Faith and Action our legal team wrote an important legal argument and filed it with the Supreme Court in favor of the Mojave Desert Cross memorial — but we need your help!

While the case is heard today, the decision from the Court will not come down for several months.

That’s why I'm asking you right now to join your name with mine and let the justices of the Supreme Court know that thousands of Americans demand they protect our right to publicly acknowledge God.

The Mojave Desert Cross and all the other Christian symbols across America must remain, proudly honoring our veterans.

Take a moment and sign our "Preserve the Cross" petition.

And, while you're doing that, please forward this email to all of your friends, family, and fellow worshippers. Put it on your FaceBook, Twitter, and MySpace sites.

We need at least 50,000 Americans to join their voices together to tell the justices to protect the Mojave Desert Cross!!

Won't you help protect our rights as Christians? Please join your name with mine by signing the "Preserve the Cross" petition. I will deliver the thousands of signed petitions to the Supreme Court!

Once you've signed the petition, PLEASE forward it on to your friends and family. We want to present the Court with 50,000 names of concerned Americans who demand they protect our Christian liberty!

Thanks for participating with us in this critical mission.

God Bless You!

Your missionary to Capitol Hill,

Rob Schenck

PS: I’ll be in the Court today for this hearing and will bring live reaction. Stay tuned!

Please sign this petition:

http://www.faithandactionnow.com/
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down