The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Homesick for heaven

Go down

Homesick for heaven Empty Homesick for heaven

Post by Susan Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:21 pm

I am homesick, because I see how aweful this world really has become. I watch the news each night thinking, can it really get any worse...and it does. You know, I go to some other forums, and see Christians quarraling over doctrines that they have been taught, and how it doesn't magnify JESUS, and my heart breaks. There are new Christians that see this behavior and turn away from their faith...it makes you wonder sometimes, what side these, "Christians" are on. Then there are those that do not know JESUS as a PERSONAL SAVIOR, and they run from this, because they see how we act towards one another. There is a lack of love among the brethen. The enemy comes in to steal, kill and destroy all that is good and of the LORD. We know this, and yet, we fall into his trap, so easily. In visions, I see the harvest is plenty, and the labourers are few. Who among us will go in to reap the harvest?

Matthew 9:37 Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; 38 Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

Then there is the feeling of this all being surreal. It is like watching a movie that you know is fantasy, but it really is happening. Somehow, our emotional state has become so bombarded with these things, that we loose our sense of direction. If we don't stay focused on JESUS and HIS WORD, we loose our perceptive ability, to know what is really happening around us. We become numb to it. The Bible warns us of this.

Matthew 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. 25 Behold, I have told you before. 26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not. 27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. 28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

Mark 13:5 And Jesus answering them began to say, Take heed lest any man deceive you: 6 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

1 Corinthians 8:9 But take heed lest by any means this liberty of your's become a stumblingblock to them that are weak. 10 For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols; 11 And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died? 12 But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ. 13 Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.

2 Timothy 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom; 2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. 3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; 4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

I don't want to loose my focus. That is why I continue to look for the Promise that is coming. That promise, is JESUS returning for HIS CHILDREN. I am looking forward to that day and celebrating in HEAVEN with you and all other Christians and JEWS that have accepted the MESSIAH.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down