The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

10 Lost Tribes of Israel

Go down

10 Lost Tribes of Israel Empty 10 Lost Tribes of Israel

Post by Susan Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:17 pm

Last night, I watched a show hosted by, Grant Jeffrey. These are some of my notes on the things he said, about the 10 lost tribes. I am posting them here, so that you can do your own investigations, if you are interested in the 10 Lost Tribes of Israel.

From my notes:

Two Tribes, which have never been lost, are the Tribe of Benjamin and the Tribe of Judah. These are the two tribes that were near Jerusalem. In circa 606 BC, these two tribes rejected King Nebuchadnezzar of the Babylonian Empire.

scripture references given: Book of Ezra, Book of 2 Chronicles, and Jeremiah 25:11.

When the Cyrus Decree was given, only 5% of the Jewish population returned to Israel. 95 % never went back.

The 10 Northern Tribes (Lost Tribes of Israel)

The 10 Northern Tribes, fell into Idolatry, circa 721 BC. The Syrian Empire took all of the Northern Tribes into Northern Nineveh,which is modern day, Iraq, Iran and Afghanistan. In 606 BC, we know that they never came back.

Kings 18:11 And the king of Assyria did carry away Israel unto Assyria, and put them in Halah and in Habor by the river of Gozan, and in the cities of the Medes: 12 Because they obeyed not the voice of the LORD their God, but transgressed his covenant, and all that Moses the servant of the LORD commanded, and would not hear them, nor do them.

In Ezekiel 37:19, we find that all the Tribes will be reunited. The Two Nations, will become One Nation again, sometime in the future. ( This is one scripture, that Two House Theology misinterprets)

Ezekiel 37:19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand.

Jeremiah 3:17 At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart. 18 In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together out of the land of the north to the land that I have given for an inheritance unto your fathers. 19 But I said, How shall I put thee among the children, and give thee a pleasant land, a goodly heritage of the hosts of nations? and I said, Thou shalt call me, My father; and shalt not turn away from me.

So we see that in the future, Judah, and all the Tribes of Israel will be reunited into One People, again. It will be when Jerusalem, is called the THRONE of the LORD.

In Ezekeil 48, we can see where the 10 Tribes of the North, are located.

In New Testament Times, the location of the Ten Tribes was known. Otherwise, Kind Agripa, would have questioned the following statement:

Acts 26:6 And now I stand and am judged for the hope of the promise made of God, unto our fathers: 7 Unto which promise our twelve tribes, instantly serving God day and night, hope to come. For which hope's sake, king Agrippa, I am accused of the Jews.

The Ten Tribes, continued to serve the LORD, where they were located, and were recognizable. James, even greeted them:

James 1:1 James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

In Revelation 7, we find the 12 Tribes, reunited. There are minor differences in the names of the 12 Tribes, from the Old Testiment.

So who are the Lost Tribes of Israel?

Extra Biblical Accounts give us more details. You can find mention of them, in Flavius Josephus, "Antiquities of the Jews", circa 66 BC; Notes on Hosea, by Jerome, in 335 AD, and you may want to look up Pashtun'ss, who call themselves the Children of Israel.

According to Encyclopdia Britanica, the Laws of Pastun, are very simalar to the Laws of Moses. The Pathon's keep these laws, even today:

Circumcision on the 8th day/
    Marriage Customs
    Tellit and Mikvah
    Levite Marriage Laws
    Kosher Food Laws
    Sabbot Candles
    Sabbath Day
    Feast of Yom Kippur
    Mezuzah on the door post of homes
    Book of Psalms read when someone in the home is sick
    Sign of David on Shields
    During Plaques, they sacrifice sheep and place the blood on the lentle and doors
    They pray towards Jerusalem

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/445546/Pashtun

Pashtuns, The Lionhearts