The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Be not conformed to this world...

Go down

Be not conformed to this world... Empty Be not conformed to this world...

Post by Susan Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:57 am

Romans 12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

What does this world offer?

There are many things that the world offers. Today, we see more corruption, in our local and federal governments. Friends that betray one another. Family members that betray one another. A "me first", attitude. The morals of mankind, have slowly been eaten away, and what is left, is not good. Yet, mankind, continues the mindless descent into unhappiness.

Why?

The BIBLE tells us, that men will become lovers of themselves.

2 Timothy 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

As a Christian, I can look back over my life, and the many mistakes I have made, and know, that I have made the right chioce, in CHOOSING to SERVE, JESUS. In SERVING the LORD, I no longer desire the things that this world offers. Something happened. As the verse in Romans stated, there is a transformation that takes place, in the renewing of your mind. This is how the LORD works within us. HE takes away the worldly desires, and places within us, a HOLY FIRE, which desires to SERVE HIM.

Ephesians 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; 2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: 3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. 4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: 7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

So, have I given up anything?

No, I have not given up anything, but I have INDEED gained, KNOWLEDGE and UNDERSTANDING. With this KNOWLEDGE and UNDERSTANDING, is LIFE MORE ABUNDANT, through JESUS.

JESUS says:

John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. 11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

PRAISE The LORD, for the changes HE made in me. cheers
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down