The LORD is my Shepherd
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Christian Homekeeper

A call to…

• reuse when you can
  • make do with what you have
  • seek out and use local agriculture
  • to make what you can for home use
  • make everything you can from scratch
  • to seek out and learn new ways to be frugal
  • to develop a spirit of creativity in managing your home
  • to feed and clothe your family well, but to live within your means.

Use it up! Wear it out!
    Make it do or Do Without!

• http://christianhomekeeper.org/
    A peronal Journey of being a Christian _ BLOG

Please stop by and check out my blog.

http://thelordismyshepherd.sosblog.com/index.htm

Four Winds

Go down

Four Winds Empty Four Winds

Post by Susan Thu May 14, 2009 9:18 am

The POWER of the LORD is found in the FOUR WINDS, that HE uses. It is a PROPHECTIC call to those winds, as you will see, when reading these verses. My prayer is that you will take time to read the surrounding SCRIPTURES, of these verses.

Brief overview:

The four winds are used to scatter and to gather. There will come a time, that the LORD will RAISE an ARMY from the graves. We find this in Ezekiel, in the Valley of Dry Bones, and know that it is HIS BREATH of LIFE, that comes into these that have departed. In DAniel, we find that the LORD has given a VISSION through a Dream, about the Four Winds. The visions describe the last days, and the little horn (antichrist). The four winds become a delivery mechanism, for delivering Israel, from the hands of the enemy. There will come a time, when the four winds will blow, as the TRUMPET of the LORD blows, and the angels in HEAVEN, will gather the elect. There will also come a point, when the four winds will cease to blow, as the LORD tells the angels to to restrain them, upon the earth. There is POWER within the FOUR WINDS, and is used to the GLORY of the LORD, through HIS WORD. We also know, that HIS WORD will not come back VOID. I was thinking about all the talk of global warning, and can imagine, the heat of the day, being unbearable as these winds are ceased. Our HOPE is in knowing the LORD, and that HE will COME AGAIN, for HIS Children. May the LORD have MERCY, upon those that have turned their back on the TRUE and LIVING GOD, in the DAYS without the Winds from the four directions.

Strongs Lexicon for the word, four, simply means the number four. However, the root word, means to be squared. We can get an understanding through adding the word winds, as being the breath of the LORD being blown out and stirring the winds of all directions.

Strong's Lexicon for the word, winds:

1) wind, breath, mind, spirit

a) breath

b) wind

1) of heaven

2) quarter (of wind), side

3) breath of air

4) air, gas

5) vain, empty thing

c) spirit (as that which breathes quickly in animation or agitation)

1) spirit, animation, vivacity, vigour

2) courage

3) temper, anger

4) impatience, patience

5) spirit, disposition (as troubled, bitter, discontented)

6) disposition (of various kinds), unaccountable or uncontrollable impulse

7) prophetic spirit

d) spirit (of the living, breathing being in man and animals)

1) as gift, preserved by God, God's spirit, departing at death, disembodied being

e) spirit (as seat of emotion)

1) desire

2) sorrow, trouble

f) spirit

1) as seat or organ of mental acts

2) rarely of the will

3) as seat especially of moral character

g) Spirit of God, the third person of the triune God, the Holy Spirit, coequal, coeternal with the Father and the Son

1) as inspiring ecstatic state of prophecy

2) as impelling prophet to utter instruction or warning

3) imparting warlike energy and executive and administrative power

4) as endowing men with various gifts

5) as energy of life

6) as manifest in the Shekinah glory

7) never referred to as a depersonalised force

The verses about the FOUR WINDS:

Jeremiah 49:36 And upon Elam will I bring the four winds from the four quarters of heaven, and will scatter them toward all those winds; and there shall be no nation whither the outcasts of Elam shall not come.

Ezekiel 37:9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live.

Daniel 7:2 Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea.

Daniel 8:8 Therefore the he goat waxed very great: and when he was strong, the great horn was broken; and for it came up four notable ones toward the four winds of heaven.

Daniel 11:4 And when he shall stand up, his kingdom shall be broken, and shall be divided toward the four winds of heaven; and not to his posterity, nor according to his dominion which he ruled: for his kingdom shall be plucked up, even for others beside those.

Zechariah 2:6 Ho, ho, come forth, and flee from the land of the north, saith the LORD: for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, saith the LORD.

Matthew 24:31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Mark 13:27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

Revelation 7:1 And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

LORD, send YOUR FOUR WINDS upon us, we pray, in JESUS NAME, AMEN.
    Susan
    Susan
    Admin

Number of posts : 5774
    Registration date : 2008-02-28

https://lordismyshepherd.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum